12-10-14 01:30 AM
60 123
tools
    Hahahaha!!!
    Please enlighten us why every similar specced phone costs at least 200$ less
    This and your previous post exactly reflect my thoughts and situation. My employer will force me to get rid of company's Blackberry and does not provide me now with any support (I am fixing the keyboards of my Bold 9900). I resisted getting another device because I like the concept of physical keyboard - I can type without looking at the phone (which comes useful when getting an urgent business message in the car ;-) ). I already started my transition to iPhone environment although will keep one of my two 9900 for quick memos and BBM messages. I simply cannot accept buying 4 year old technology when paying the price of the modern device.
    12-06-14 07:20 AM
    Same specs like Q10 but launches 1,5 years later.

I paid !!620?!! for my Q10 on launch week, so this seems reasonable to me!!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    12-06-14 08:52 AM
    BYOD means that people are willingly paying for their own phones, just to be able to not use a BlackBerry.
    Basically they don't even want to get a free BlackBerry.
    ROTFL!!! Sounds harsh, but basically correct.

OK, I like Classic, and I like toolbelt and ability to answer and reject calls with physical buttons. I like qwerty not because typing but because keyboard shortcuts and fast searching. I don't care about specs if they are enough powerful to give decent UX. But, I do care about price, and I will wait for a price drop to some more reasonable point between $200 - $300

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and Christoph7K like this.
    12-06-14 10:22 AM
    ROTFL!!! Sounds harsh, but basically correct.

OK, I like Classic, and I like toolbelt and ability to answer and reject calls with physical buttons. I like qwerty not because typing but because keyboard shortcuts and fast searching. I don't care about specs if they are enough powerful to give decent UX. But, I do care about price, and I will wait for a price drop to some more reasonable point between $200 - $300

Posted via CB10
    I am usually not the Classic's best friend, but overall I agree with you, those are all nice things and I like them. I am also of the opinion that it's great that at least one manufacturer continues the tradition of making phones with physical buttons.

But the price for that device with those specs...
    Christoph7K likes this.
    12-06-14 01:41 PM
    Just to correct myself - I do care about specs/price ratio, and because of that I'll wait.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 05:49 PM
    Blackberry said that they listened.... I don't think they listened when it came to specs and price. $450 is too much for recycled parts from the Q10. $450 is perfect for Z30 specs. Somebody get these complaints to blackberry and see if they listen. But it may be to late for the classic.( if the rumored specs are true)

say NO to... Android / IOS / Windows
    Last edited by blckberry4life; 12-07-14 at 07:24 PM.
    Christoph7K likes this.
    12-06-14 06:10 PM
    I dont care about specs, but do about price.. Not going to pay $450 for a toolbelt, that is the problem, for that money i could get something else and just use the 9900 for the same thing ill use the classic for
    12-07-14 05:57 PM
    Really? I didn't get to vote on this poll you obviously held. Where is it?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Pretty sure she means that because we're already on BlackBerry 10 most of us aren't looking to get a Classic....

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:04 PM
    Yea with all the "premium" hardware specs for Android, they still don't perform any better then Apple iPhones or Blackberry phones. It's all about the complete package. Software that is written to utilize all the way to the bone of the processors. I owned a Samsung Galaxy Tab S for about 4 months sporting an Octa-core processor and the experience was horrendous. It lags and crashes all the time. The performance wasn't any better then my 2 years old Blackberry Playbook with a duel core processor. I was about to lose with it with Samsung and snap the tablet in half but I quickly sold it and at least make my money back.

Specs.. specs.. specs... what is the deal with these people.... all specs are is a way to make you feel that you are missing out because you do not get the latest and the greatest... then you will run out and spend money that makes you feel you are on leading edge... only time specs are important is if you have hardware that cannot handle the software... as much and BB10 tends be buggy in earlier versions as BB has updated it... lag and slowdowns are less and less... as Classic is aimed at the Corporate market who only cares about price/performance.... specs does not enter into it.... perhaps those who so concerned about specs need to play in the land of Android where specs are king.... might make them happier that they have better than others... Do not think you see specs as King in the BB world any time soon... with the focus on performance... specs are an afterthought now.....
    12-10-14 01:24 AM
    For that price I might as well get a Passport for $499 since Black Friday and coming soon Boxing day sale.

Blackberry said that they listened.... I don't think they listened when it came to specs and price. $450 is too much for recycled parts from the Q10. $450 is perfect for Z30 specs. Somebody get these complaints to blackberry and see if they listen. But it may be to late for the classic.( if the rumored specs are true)

say NO to... Android / IOS / Windows
    12-10-14 01:30 AM
60 123