I'm not in favor of it. I think it's B/S especially when the phone's price will drop almost immediately, but God damn I want a physical keyboard so bad.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-04-14 04:29 AM
    Specs doesn't matter, it is experience which matters. Even if the $1000 iPhone 6 has a 1.4 GHZ processor, it is like skin. if the classic has 1.5 GHZ, it'll be like butter........... You can always be in the shade of Chen, he won"t RIP you. And if Chen has fixed a price, it is worth it. So better buy it
    12-04-14 04:48 AM
    You can still buy the q10 for around 280 euro's, putting 100 euros or more on top of that for a tad bigger screen and 5 keys is just crazy.
    The hardware value alone has dropped to around 50% over those two years and thus imho starting asking price should be near 300 dollar.
    Also nobody seems to be having any concerns the trackpad is actually in the way of swiping on your screen.

Add the fact that most devs, will certainly not rebuild there apps to represent a clean interface and in fact move all the menu items... to the dedicated menu key. Let alone build in specific abilities for the trackpad... of a phone that has not sold yet, and is in fact the only phone for at least what, a year... to only have the 5 classic keys on BB10. Compare it to the trackpad keyboard of the PP.... so now devs.. had to come up with 4 different apps for BB10 devices... all have not been selling all that crazy.While the market share might be slightly growing again, the install base is spread out over different BB10 configurations. This is much harder then the old days, where you knew all BB phones shared at least those 5 buttons. Now it's just that one device.

And don't even get me started on the whole Android Player debacle. With this and the Amazone Store, BB is pushing away developers and or sending them to camp Android. And with an Android app, you can totally forget about getting "native" support for your trackpad since not one Android phone has it. So a dev.. should add that support and refreshed gui design for like.... less then maybe 0.1% sold out there eventually.
    So you will be, most likely, be using your touch screen a lot for Android ports.

In conclusion this is the idealistic phone for BBOS users.... except most apps they enjoy on BBOS are not supporting BB10.
    For lets say 100 dollars less, they get almost the same phone (q10), but lose 5 keys, or go all touch with slightly better specs (z30).
    Also, like one stated... for about 100 dollar more, during a sale of some sort, you can actually get a Passport, with better feature proof specs.
    A wide screen that, in BB own words, is way better than what the Classic can offer, on which you work narrow and can't see **** at all.

So why on earth should one be getting the classic exactly? You might as well wait till Feb / March and see if they unveil their latest phone, which might be some kind cool and sick slider.... heck maybe they will even decide to strap the toolbelt on that one too. Though the toolbelt is just against BB10 design philosophy.

All in all BB better nail the introduction of the classic and blow our minds with the capabilities and all its handy features, that the q10 will not get with 10.3.1.
    (Other than, this buttons you can use to accept the call, this button can end the call.... and with this button in the middle you can select text).
    I am even willing to place a bet, you can't use the trackpad to play 'candy crush', which that guy mentioned in the BB Blog but totally did not show.
    12-04-14 04:55 AM
    This seems to be the first thread with a rhetorical question in its title....

Why should Vodafone publish wrong specs??

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    By accident I suppose. I have already seen shops (even carrier ones) who listed wrong screen resolutions, misinformation regarding special features and even wrong operating systems. I still laugh at the Z30 running Android and offered full-HD. But I highly doubt such a mistake is in place here at Vodafone.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:00 AM
    Specs doesn't matter, it is experience which matters. Even if the $1000 iPhone 6 has a 1.4 GHZ processor, it is like skin. if the classic has 1.5 GHZ, it'll be like butter........... You can always be in the shade of Chen, he won"t RIP you. And if Chen has fixed a price, it is worth it. So better buy it
    LMAO. Another user who thinks more mhz = faster. You are not old enough to know Pentium 4?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-04-14 07:05 AM
    Blackberry Will sell a ****load of the Classic regardless of specs or price and I think the Classic will well outsell the Passport .
    The problem is that at the end of the day anyone that wants a real physical keyboard that matters has no choice but BlackBerry. Specs or no specs, what other options do you really have if you are committed to having a good physical keyboard and unwilling to use touch screen? No other real alternatives exist. Everyone prefers a low cost spec'd out Classic, but it won't happen. You either accept it and buy the BlackBerry Classic or give up on physical keyboards. BlackBerry can over price the Classic because they can. End of it.
    12-04-14 07:28 AM
    The classic is for toolbelt luddites, not spec chasers.
    12-04-14 07:43 AM
    LMAO. Another user who thinks more mhz = faster. You are not old enough to know Pentium 4?
    Rofl.............or a General Data
    12-04-14 08:53 AM
    Then if you need a small screen, you don't need so many specs. And anyway, look at my yesterday's post: I'm still rocking whatever game/app on my Q10.
    Oh I forgot the extra hardware capability is simply to render a few more pixels... /sarcasm

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-04-14 09:50 AM
    I don't know why you guys continue to argue this when most of y'all didn't plan on buying the phone in the first place.
    12-04-14 08:21 PM
    I don't know why you guys continue to argue this when most of y'all didn't plan on buying the phone in the first place.
    Really? I didn't get to vote on this poll you obviously held. Where is it?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-04-14 08:28 PM
    I guess many people were thinking about upgrading to a Classic from one of the previous devices. But due to the same being the same, this hardly is an upgrade rather than a simple device switch. Besides the bigger screen and the toolbelt, there are no real other benefits of making the switch.

Yet to be fair BlackBerry more or less clearly markets the Classic towards existing users of legacy OS devices. And for those the Classic is indeed a big upgrade. That doesn't justify the increase of pricing compared to the almost identical Q10. It translates to almost 50% more you have to pay for the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 06:58 AM
    I'm confused with Classic spec because they are almost identical with Q10. Classic's year of manufacturing is forcing BlackBerry to keep future OS updates compatible with Classic at least for an year - which is limiting for OS progress considering old internals of Classic, but it's in the same time good for Q10 owners, because they will probably still get OS updates next year because this similarity with Classic.
    IDK, it seems better to buy Q10!?
    12-05-14 08:57 AM
    Unless you want that bigger screen and the toolbelt, there is no reason to choose the Classic over one of the two Q models out there.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:39 AM
    I'm confused with Classic spec because they are almost identical with Q10. Classic's year of manufacturing is forcing BlackBerry to keep future OS updates compatible with Classic at least for an year - which is limiting for OS progress considering old internals of Classic, but it's in the same time good for Q10 owners, because they will probably still get OS updates next year because this similarity with Classic.
    I wouldn't really count on the Q10 receiving future updates part. The P9983 has the same specs as the Q10. It came out with 10.3. Q10 didn't get it yet (Many believe its to push the sales of the P'9983, so can't BlackBerry do the same thing to make people move on from a Q10 by not giving it updates but rolling out updates to the classic? ) #JustSaying

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    1raygin likes this.
    12-05-14 11:42 AM
    You`re right: BB10 doesn`t need high end specs.
    But the specs of the Classic don`t fit to the price or the other way around
    This man here is a genius.. he seems to know the right price for the Classic. How so? Because you say so..
    12-05-14 11:49 AM
    This man here is a genius.. he seems to know the right price for the Classic. How so? Because you say so..
    How so? Because the q10 serves as a pretty darn good reference point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sam_tek and anon(9184750) like this.
    12-05-14 12:13 PM
    Ok I'll say it!

I've been waiting for the classic keenly, and will be getting it due to the toolbelt despite the specs and price.

Having said that, considering the likely specs and the price being asked, I gotta say that I feel like I'm being taken advantage of! just for being loyal to the belt

I wish it at least had a better camera so that I don't lug another device around! (I am aware nothing suggested that it would have a better one in the first place).

Damn JC, I feel like such a sucker for wanting to purchase it! Not feeling the love!
    Tavro and anon(9184750) like this.
    12-05-14 12:34 PM
    All you folks worrying yourselves about about the Classic having the same spec as the Q10 are missing the point.
    The vast majority of Classic users will be business people who are not BB10 users and the specs will be absolutely fine for the phone's intended market.
    smart548 likes this.
    12-05-14 04:48 PM
    I left BB because I wanted a larger screen and the ability to run some business apps like Logmein which Android runs and BB doesn't. I seriously considered the Q10 but without the track pad, after playing with one, I decided to move on.

This Android does a lot of things well. Reading pdf documents in landscape is something I do regularly. And I watch shows from Netflix sometimes. Logmein is nice to have on the rare occasion I need to get on my office computer when I'm somewhere remote.

But I cuss this excuse of a keyboard every single time I use it. Typing long detailed business emails is an ordeal. And I still miss the trackpad.

My phone is a tool of the trade for me like a hammer for a carpenter. I've been using a hammer with a cracked handle and I'm ready for a "real" hammer. I don't care what color it is or what steel they used if I can hammer the way I want. As far as cost, you pay what it costs to have the trade tools you need.

I'm getting the Classic and hope it does what I think it will do. And it will fit in my shirt pocket.
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 12-05-14 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Typo. This ain't a BB keyboard I'm using.
    12-05-14 06:49 PM
    I hope it will be possible to simulate gestures/a mouse with the trackpad cause not many apps will support it for sure. Also, the cost can be justified easily. R&D and the cost of setting up a new manufacturing line is the reason for higher price than q10... Also I assume they also paid for advertisement for enterprises

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    12-05-14 08:57 PM
    Specs do matters.

In the enterprise, eventually people will carry two phones, a simple Blackberry phone just for email, call, sms, and a few business apps and a second phone for other personal needs. This second phone will be a much powerful one and it will not be a Blackberry.

I have seen this happened in the company I worked with. People will be willing to spend a good amount of money for a second phone, much better spec'd phone which will be capable to handle any new features introduced by the new OS upgrades, new apps, or new games for the next 2 years.

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.3.1.1154
    12-05-14 11:14 PM
    How so? Because the q10 serves as a pretty darn good reference point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    So foolish.. I din't expect much though
    12-06-14 04:35 AM
    Specs.. specs.. specs... what is the deal with these people.... all specs are is a way to make you feel that you are missing out because you do not get the latest and the greatest... then you will run out and spend money that makes you feel you are on leading edge... only time specs are important is if you have hardware that cannot handle the software... as much and BB10 tends be buggy in earlier versions as BB has updated it... lag and slowdowns are less and less... as Classic is aimed at the Corporate market who only cares about price/performance.... specs does not enter into it.... perhaps those who so concerned about specs need to play in the land of Android where specs are king.... might make them happier that they have better than others... Do not think you see specs as King in the BB world any time soon... with the focus on performance... specs are an afterthought now.....
    You missed the Passport, right?
    Ever saw that spec sheet? No?
    Looks more or less like a high-end Android phone.

You missed the Classic's price point, right?
    Ever talked about price/performance ratio? Yes?
    Looks more like the Classic is an overpriced device for the specs it offers and therefore also a part of the performance it delivers.

You talk about specs and Android, while failing to realise, that Nokia, BlackBerry and Apple all take part in the spec race.
    None of those manufacturers (well, Nokia doesn't count in the present. Concerning the past this is totally correct though) ignore the spec race. They all partake in it, and directly compete in that space.

Now let's add the inexistant ecosystem, the lacking app catalogue, one of the worst after sale supports in the whole industry and carriers dropping support for BlackBerry...
    And BlackBerry has once again an overpriced device, which underperforms at the same time.
    Every damn Android phone for 300$ outperforms the Classic. Every damn Android phone for 450$ vastly outperforms the Classic. Every iPhone for 450$ (iPhone 5) outperforms the Classic.
    So yeah, as always, BlackBerry decided on a lunatic pricing strategy to make sure that they don't sell a lot.
    (PS: when I talk about performance, I mean everything. From raw specs, to the ecosystem, over the app catalogue, etc)

This was expected and I don't think that Vodafone made too many errors in their own spec sheet. Battery capacity, dimensions, screen and camera seem right too. So I doubt they got the CPU wrong.
    I am also slightly disappointed, however: first this was more or less expected since multiple weeks already and second I don't have any issues with the performance of my Q10 at all. Of course I have to admit that I run almost no Android apps, so I can't complain about performance in this area.

Posted via CB10
    If the Classic would cost 250$, I wouldn't have a problem with the specs either. At 300 I wouldn't be happy, but it's still somewhere int the regions of being ok.
    For 450$ however, the specs are one of the worst jokes BlackBerry has delivered in quite some time.

Not to mention the recent sale prices of 199 for a q10 or 225 for a z30.

Chens trying to pull a fast one on enterprises me thinks.

Posted via CB10
    If that's honestly the case, he will fail.
    The mobile landscape has changed. Nobody, apart from the ultra regulated industries and government organisations, needs a BlackBerry anymore.
    BES is neither the only MDM out there, nor is it exclusive to BlackBerry anymore.

The whole standard set of business apps, still isn't available for BlackBerry either...

So yeah, I totally fail to see any reason, to demand such a price for the Classic.
    It's borderline insane, to be honest.

The problem is that at the end of the day anyone that wants a real physical keyboard that matters has no choice but BlackBerry. Specs or no specs, what other options do you really have if you are committed to having a good physical keyboard and unwilling to use touch screen? No other real alternatives exist. Everyone prefers a low cost spec'd out Classic, but it won't happen. You either accept it and buy the BlackBerry Classic or give up on physical keyboards. BlackBerry can over price the Classic because they can. End of it.
    Sadly, your assumption is wrong.
    Basically, BlackBerry can't demand whatever price they want, because the demand simply isn't there.

Keyboard phones will have a marketshare of under 0.5% this year (probably much closer to 0.2% though. In a month I'll finally get the numbers).
    There just aren't enough potential customers to demand that price.

Your conclusion therefore is wrong:
    BlackBerry overprices the Classic because they think they can. In reality, they can't and the sale numbers will reflect that.
    Every 300$ Android device is a better choice for enterprise customers currently.

I think that the Pentium III mobile and 1st gen Centrino CPUs are better examples
    Blackberry Will sell a ****load of the Classic regardless of specs or price and I think the Classic will well outsell the Passport .
    It's possible that the Classic sells more than the Passport (which still isn't hard to achieve...) but it sure as hell won't sell ****loads.
    The phone is made for a 2008 paradigm, while being overpriced and using specs from 2012 in 2015.

No apps, no ecosystem, no carrier support and no after sale support pretty much make it impossible for the Classic to be successful.
    Oh, did I mention the Keyboard?
    That's what is called a negative differentiatior (it makes most people want the device even less).

I wanted a nice secondary Phone, because my company abandoned BlackBerry (got the memo some 6 months ago).
    At 450$, I won't even consider the Classic. It's basically inexistant for me.

I have an HTC One M8 now (company provided) and don't want the Passport, as I already have a big phone (that actually has an ecosystem and an app catalogue).
    The Classic would have been an option, until I saw the specs.
    And when I saw the price, I was just shaking my head and asking myself whom BlackBerry is trying to kid here.

All you folks worrying yourselves about about the Classic having the same spec as the Q10 are missing the point.
    The vast majority of Classic users will be business people who are not BB10 users and the specs will be absolutely fine for the phone's intended market.
    If those guys aren't on BB10 and the imaginary Classics getting sold are actually being bought by the employer...
    Then you missed a crucial part when thinking about the whole story:
    Every 300$ Android phone is cheaper and offers a better performance overall.

What I am saying, is that buying the Classic makes no sense.
    There is no rational behind it.

Specs do matters.

In the enterprise, eventually people will carry two phones, a simple Blackberry phone just for email, call, sms, and a few business apps and a second phone for other personal needs. This second phone will be a much powerful one and it will not be a Blackberry.

I have seen this happened in the company I worked with. People will be willing to spend a good amount of money for a second phone, much better spec'd phone which will be capable to handle any new features introduced by the new OS upgrades, new apps, or new games for the next 2 years.

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.3.1.1154
    Most people don't get phones from their employer.
    And the majority of those who do, either get iPhones or Androids.
    BlackBerry has been dethroned in the enterprise sector for quite some time already.

I repeatedly said, that BlackBerry fans mostly misunderstood BYOD.
    BYOD means that people are willingly paying for their own phones, just to be able to not use a BlackBerry.
    Basically they don't even want to get a free BlackBerry.
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 12-06-14 at 07:28 AM.
    anon(9184750) and mfurman like this.
    12-06-14 05:08 AM
    So foolish.. I din't expect much though
    Hahahaha!!!
    Please enlighten us why every similar specced phone costs at least 200$ less

I can assure you that the demand for the Classic isn't the answer. The demand for such a device is basically inexistant.
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-06-14 06:15 AM
60 123