So Vodafone germany has published the Classic's Specs also along with the pre order. It's the same as Q10. Could it be true? I don't know about others but that would REALLY disappoint me. If not anything I was hoping for Z30 specs 'atleast'
    I know since BlackBerry hasn't released any official information so I should wait before moaning but just expressing my anxiety I guess.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-03-14 09:39 AM
    That was/is expected. A very minimal upgrade from the Q10.
    12-03-14 10:01 AM
    Specs.. specs.. specs... what is the deal with these people.... all specs are is a way to make you feel that you are missing out because you do not get the latest and the greatest... then you will run out and spend money that makes you feel you are on leading edge... only time specs are important is if you have hardware that cannot handle the software... as much and BB10 tends be buggy in earlier versions as BB has updated it... lag and slowdowns are less and less... as Classic is aimed at the Corporate market who only cares about price/performance.... specs does not enter into it.... perhaps those who so concerned about specs need to play in the land of Android where specs are king.... might make them happier that they have better than others... Do not think you see specs as King in the BB world any time soon... with the focus on performance... specs are an afterthought now.....
    12-03-14 10:40 AM
    This was expected and I don't think that Vodafone made too many errors in their own spec sheet. Battery capacity, dimensions, screen and camera seem right too. So I doubt they got the CPU wrong.
    I am also slightly disappointed, however: first this was more or less expected since multiple weeks already and second I don't have any issues with the performance of my Q10 at all. Of course I have to admit that I run almost no Android apps, so I can't complain about performance in this area.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:15 AM
    Specs.. specs.. specs... what is the deal with these people.... all specs are is a way to make you feel that you are missing out because you do not get the latest and the greatest... then you will run out and spend money that makes you feel you are on leading edge... only time specs are important is if you have hardware that cannot handle the software... as much and BB10 tends be buggy in earlier versions as BB has updated it... lag and slowdowns are less and less... as Classic is aimed at the Corporate market who only cares about price/performance.... specs does not enter into it.... perhaps those who so concerned about specs need to play in the land of Android where specs are king.... might make them happier that they have better than others... Do not think you see specs as King in the BB world any time soon... with the focus on performance... specs are an afterthought now.....
    You`re right: BB10 doesn`t need high end specs.
    But the specs of the Classic don`t fit to the price or the other way around
    12-03-14 12:13 PM
    You`re right: BB10 doesn`t need high end specs.
    But the specs of the Classic don`t fit to the price or the other way around
    This exactly

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 12:57 PM
    If these specs are true (and I guess the are), then they are ridiculous and the Classic is way overpriced.
    12-03-14 01:02 PM
    Well many say specs don't matter. I am not sure I agree completely on that. Because, BB10 may run smoothly on Q10 specs. But android apps, could really use the bump up in specs and since amazon app store is now coming pre loaded so why should BlackBerry offer a sub par experience on android apps? I feel specs will matter when running android apps.
    Not sure with the price. iPhones charge a whole lot more but they don't have specs. So I would just want that the phone really runs smooth and is able to run android apps smoothly as well. But yes the price is kinda ridiculous because you could get the passport for 499$ from the Black Friday deal and the classic is for 449$. No that absolutely doesn't make sense.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-03-14 01:18 PM
    Performance matters.

Specs are one significant contributory factor in performance.

So yes, specs matter.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 01:36 PM
    Yes, because Z30 specs are the "latest and greatest." Logic...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-03-14 01:51 PM
    Well many say specs don't matter. I am not sure I agree completely on that.

Not sure with the price. iPhones charge a whole lot more but they don't have specs. So I would just want that the phone really runs smooth and is able to run android apps smoothly as well. But yes the price is kinda ridiculous because you could get the passport for 499$ from the Black Friday deal and the classic is for 449$. No that absolutely doesn't make sense.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Try to Geekbench the new iPad Air 2 (I have just done that), that costs not much more than BB Classic, and compare it with Q10. Please do not tell me that those specs do not matter if you run business applications. By the way, I do not care about phone functions (do not use it on most of my devices).
    12-03-14 01:53 PM
    But yes the price is kinda ridiculous because you could get the passport for 499$ from the Black Friday deal and the classic is for 449$. No that absolutely doesn't make sense.
    Not to mention the recent sale prices of 199 for a q10 or 225 for a z30.

Chens trying to pull a fast one on enterprises me thinks.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 02:29 PM
    So we never ever have to have better specs ever in the future right? In theory, the current BB10 OS will always run smoothly with the same hardware, so let's just keep the same hardware, the same OS, and the same features indefinitely. It's smooth, we don't need specs, all you specs mongers!

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-03-14 04:17 PM
    I am sorry but specs matter. If the classic is the same as the Q10 then why did it take forever to release it?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 04:28 PM
    People who are gonna buy this device are not worried at all about specs. They are worried to have a reliable, solid phone. With a good battery and the possibility to run some apps like whatsapp, skype, spotify and apps in general. Not games. As a Q10 owner I use to play some games on my device and they all run smooth (candy crush, leo's fortune, real racing, and so on..). I am more the kind of guy who prefers to play on a pc but I still find my device as capable all the latest games with no hurry. The classic is intended the most for people who use their phone as a phone, a sms/email/whatsapp hub. Everything they can (and maybe they do) do with an old BlackBerry device. Plus, they now can use all the newest apps and maybe even try some games. Of course it is not for people who buy a phone to run netflix on it or want tons of 3D heavy games on their device.. Yes, there are a lot of phones at the same price with better specs..But are they durable and solid as a BlackBerry? Are they reliable and easy to use as a BlackBerry?? don't think so..
    limabo likes this.
    12-03-14 04:34 PM
    Of course specs matter. Specs mean longevity; it will mean the classic will have a longer life span if the hardware can support future software. Higher specs, better multitasking. There will come a point in time where there will be new features that impact performance of older devices.
    12-04-14 12:27 AM
    Everyone defending the all but confirmed specs need a reality check. Specs matter and even more so when benchmarked against its predecessors.... I'm this case a q10. Using old hardware that is still fit for purpose is fine but the price needs to reflect that. 449 does not. The msm8960 is pretty much EOL IMHO...the fact that its being offered on a device that's presumably being sold in 2015 first quarter beats the heck out of me. Perhaps they stripped the CPUs out of unsold q10 inventory to recycle for this run...defend all you want but you don't buy old stuff at yesterdays prices do you? (Excluding antiques, limited edition, collectibles etc)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-04-14 01:22 AM
    Everyone defending the all but confirmed specs need a reality check. Specs matter and even more so when benchmarked against its predecessors.... I'm this case a q10. Using old hardware that is still fit for purpose is fine but the price needs to reflect that. 449 does not. The msm8960 is pretty much EOL IMHO...the fact that its being offered on a device that's presumably being sold in 2015 first quarter beats the heck out of me. Perhaps they stripped the CPUs out of unsold q10 inventory to recycle for this run...defend all you want but you don't buy old stuff at yesterdays prices do you? (Excluding antiques, limited edition, collectibles etc)

Only the fanboys keep defending this outdated POS.

Seriously, the keyboard adds $200? No wonder why they are not releasing the specs until December. It will be a disappointment.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-04-14 02:04 AM

Probably you are right and I truly believe that a 100$ cut would have been great for this device. Anyway, I know what I am paying for. A glass, as all other smartphones, but also a keyboard and a trackpad. I am buying something solid(one of the top3 reasons why I love my BBs) and a durable product after all.
    Specs do matter, but the classic has the necessary specs for everything. It is a bit overpriced, that's true. But I found much more overpriced a whatever Samsung Galaxy, even if with better specs..
    For all of you speaking just about specs: it's like you are arguing about a pc with less than 4GB of rams when its user will only browse the web, read and write documents and playing some casual games..
    12-04-14 02:10 AM
    This seems to be the first thread with a rhetorical question in its title....

Why should Vodafone publish wrong specs??

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    12-04-14 02:11 AM
    Only the fanboys keep defending this outdated POS.

Seriously, the keyboard adds $200? No wonder why they are not releasing the specs until December. It will be a disappointment.
    As already stated, it is no fanboyism. You want specs? Go for the Passport! It is not like BlackBerry can't put specs on its phones.
    12-04-14 02:11 AM
    As already stated, it is no fanboyism. You want specs? Go for the Passport! It is not like BlackBerry can't put specs on its phones.
    What if you don't like the shape and size of the Passport and don't like the gimped 3-row keyboard?
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-04-14 02:15 AM
    What if you don't like the shape and size of the Passport and don't like the gimped 3-row keyboard?
    Then if you need a small screen, you don't need so many specs. And anyway, look at my yesterday's post: I'm still rocking whatever game/app on my Q10.
    12-04-14 02:53 AM
    The problem is that at the end of the day anyone that wants a real physical keyboard that matters has no choice but BlackBerry. Specs or no specs, what other options do you really have if you are committed to having a good physical keyboard and unwilling to use touch screen? No other real alternatives exist. Everyone prefers a low cost spec'd out Classic, but it won't happen. You either accept it and buy the BlackBerry Classic or give up on physical keyboards. BlackBerry can over price the Classic because they can. End of it.
    goku_vegeta and anon(9184750) like this.
    12-04-14 03:38 AM
    The problem is that at the end of the day anyone that wants a real physical keyboard that matters has no choice but BlackBerry. Specs or no specs, what other options do you really have if you are committed to having a good physical keyboard and unwilling to use touch screen? No other real alternatives exist. Everyone prefers a low cost spec'd out Classic, but it won't happen. You either accept it and buy the BlackBerry Classic or give up on physical keyboards. BlackBerry can over price the Classic because they can. End of it.
    I prefer a market rationalized transparent pricing for a product. But never mind.....the market will quickly tell us what it thinks of bbrys latest iteration. I'm going to say it again...the msm8960 is fit for purpose but not aligned with technology cycle for 2015. IT divisions in charge of procurement for multinational corpos arent all that dumb...

This damn phone is too damn similar to a q10.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-04-14 04:27 AM
60 123