02-27-15 12:15 PM
58 123
tools
    My card was just charged by Verizon so it looks like it should ship today. They don't charge you until your order ships.

And checking my status it is now listed as processing. It should update with a tracking number later tonight if it is anything like my previous pre orders with them.
    02-26-15 05:12 PM
    As much as I am happy that I have one ordered now, I'm quite disappointed at how Verizon has handled this launch. Their press release was not accurate (not matter which way you slice it, it literally wasn't available on Feb 26 in any time zone - it was available on Oct 25 between 10:00-10:45 EST and apparently was sold out), when I called Telesales last night 5 different people told me 5 different things, and for all intents and purposes the phone isn't really available until Mar 5, per Telesales, stores, and online. In the grand scheme on things the 1 week difference isn't major but they certainly disappointed me and others by setting the wrong expectations.

All I can say is that hopefully the phone will be great to make up for it! FWIW, a business telesales rep I spoke with this morning told me that it's very common for phones to ship before the "estimated" date so he said he wouldn't be surprised if the backorders shipped on Mon or Tues vs Thurs. Time will tell...
    I'd be shocked if it was "available" to anyone online. I had been refreshing the site every couple minutes waiting for it to go up and as soon as it was posted it was backordered.
    02-26-15 05:23 PM
    I'd be shocked if it was "available" to anyone online. I had been refreshing the site every couple minutes waiting for it to go up and as soon as it was posted it was backordered.
    You're probably right. It seems from other posts on CB that it was available via Telesales from 10:00-10:45 PM EST last night. But, given the few previous posts, perhaps it's going to ship out more quickly than the 3/5 date they are currently mentioning. Fingers crossed...
    02-26-15 06:24 PM
    So you're the one to blame for the backorder!! Haha
    Seems that Verizon is holding what Classics it has for businesses (which are being asked to pay $149 per Classic - no instant discount, no mail-in rebate).

I placed an order through business channels and was told it would ship out immediately.
    02-26-15 06:53 PM
    Seems that Verizon is holding what Classics it has for businesses (which are being asked to pay $149 per Classic - no instant discount, no mail-in rebate).

I placed an order through business channels and was told it would ship out immediately.
    FYI - I was on the phone with business telesales several hours and they quoted me 3/5. Maybe something changes or maybe it's depending on who you speak with (that wouldn't surprise me). Either way hopefully we'll all get our phones soon!
    areyes163 likes this.
    02-26-15 07:12 PM
    When I spoke to them via chat, I was told they were on backorder.Verizon website has the BB Classic up now to ship by MARCH 5TH?!-classic.jpg
    02-27-15 04:50 AM
    I just got off the phone with two Verizon reps. Both told me my order was sent for shipping and should ship out today. I got charged last night as well. Just a update for everyone that they appear to be shipping sooner than listed.
    jfolland likes this.
    02-27-15 07:42 AM
    Just got a tracking number -- Tuesday delivery
    02-27-15 12:15 PM
58 123