No camera version isn't shipping til 3/31/15 FYI

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 12:08 AM
    I saw this also, I am guessing it is because of the OS 10.3.1 update, far as I know it hasn't hit VZW yet, maybe that is the hold up.
    02-26-15 08:33 AM
    i guess none of you read the Verizon News release...

"The BlackBerry Classic will be available online starting February 26 and in Verizon Wireless stores on March 5 for $99.99 with new two-year activation after $50 mail-in rebate debit card (takes up to six weeks and expires in 12 months). Verizon Edge is also available for eligible customers."

BlackBerry Classic Available Feb. 26 on the Verizon Wireless Network
    02-26-15 08:34 AM

"The BlackBerry Classic will be available online starting February 26 and in Verizon Wireless stores on March 5 for $99.99 with new two-year activation after $50 mail-in rebate debit card (takes up to six weeks and expires in 12 months). Verizon Edge is also available for eligible customers."

What does that have to do with anything? It says it's "available" online Feb. 26. But........it's not. I tried online, says there is a problem and I have to call.
    02-26-15 08:37 AM
    What does that have to do with anything? It says it's "available" online Feb. 26. But........it's not. I tried online, says there is a problem and I have to call.
    I interpret it to be that its available online for order. In store date 3/5 means release date. There is usually a pre-order for new devices. at least there was for previous BB and VZW.
    02-26-15 08:43 AM
    I interpret it to be that its available online for order. In store date 3/5 means release date. There is usually a pre-order for new devices. at least there was for previous BB and VZW.
    The press release says nothing about a pre-order...."available" means, to most people, I can place an order and have it shipped immediately.
    02-26-15 08:47 AM
    I just tried again on VZW website....this time I got a completely different set of pages. Strange website. Last time it said that I had an existing order pending (I lowered my access rate from 40 to 30 but that doesn't kick in until the end of the month) and if I were to order the phone I would have to cancel that price change order first. WTH?

So, I logged back in moments ago and this time it suggested I buy the Classic. Uh, Ok, so I click on it, and there it is ready to go, says free shipping...on March 5.

Then, I get to the end....it says "some items on backorder". It's back orderd already?
    02-26-15 08:55 AM
    Posted this on another thread:

Tried to order online but the website said I'd lose my unlimited data even paying full retail so I called in and placed the order. During the order process the agent told me it went from "in stock" to "ship by March 5th". And that was only 40 minutes after they started answering the phones.

Agent's thought was a lot of people were ordering.

Hope mine ships before March 5th.
    02-26-15 08:58 AM
    Seems to be backordered, either they really are or VZW just have absolutely no love for blackberry.
    02-26-15 09:37 AM
    Seems to be backordered, either they really are or VZW just have absolutely no love for blackberry.
    Those don't need to be mutually exclusive. But if it says back-ordered, then I'm sure it's because it is, not because VZW doesn't have love. They certainly have enough love to offer the product for sale. Who knows how many they actually had available for pre-sale. ATT didn't have a lot either.
    02-26-15 10:30 AM
    So....apparently it cannot be ordered without a contract? I can't just pay full price and be done with it? What gives?
    02-26-15 10:41 AM

That is the release, but ship date is 3/5/15 for camera, and 3/2/15 for non camera I think.
    02-26-15 10:47 AM
    That is the release, but ship date is 3/5/15 for camera, and 3/31/15 for non camera I think.
    FTFY
    02-26-15 10:52 AM
    I ordered mine this morning, the guy I talked to said I was the first one he had sold but they seemed to be pretty popular according to the orders placed. I am not sure they ever had any in stock to ship out today.

FINALLY!
    02-26-15 11:04 AM
    $399 with or without camera.

Posted via CB10
    $499 on Amazon, though they tend to correct prices closer to launch.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Classic, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Cla...UvbUpU11404144

AT&T Classic and Passport also available.
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Classic, Black 16GB (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Passport, Black 32GB (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories

Seems like a better option considering it follows Amazon's return policies.
    02-26-15 11:13 AM
    So....apparently it cannot be ordered without a contract? I can't just pay full price and be done with it? What gives?
    Yes you can. I ordered mine full price last night.
    02-26-15 01:33 PM
    I ordered mine this morning, the guy I talked to said I was the first one he had sold but they seemed to be pretty popular according to the orders placed. I am not sure they ever had any in stock to ship out today.

FINALLY!
    i ordered last night at 1035 pm EST. It has said backordered since then.
    02-26-15 01:34 PM
    My IT director ordered mine and two others thru our corporate rep. We were told they're shipping today and should have them in my hands tomorrow.
    02-26-15 01:59 PM
    Does anyone have a picture of the At&T Classic o_O I am curious to see what's on the back I tried searching youtube and google

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    02-26-15 02:19 PM
    My IT director ordered mine and two others thru our corporate rep. We were told they're shipping today and should have them in my hands tomorrow.
    So you're the one to blame for the backorder!! Haha
    drew8484 likes this.
    02-26-15 02:31 PM
    That is the release, but ship date is 3/5/15 for camera, and 3/2/15 for non camera I think.
    We're talking about only one week between today's "release" date and availability. Not bad for a product with a worldwide 0.4% market share.
    02-26-15 02:59 PM
    Anyone else notice there is a camera and non-camera model and they are the same price?

Attachment 337015

Posted via CB10
    Many "secure" enterprise and governments end users do not want devices with cameras in them. And too be honest, I bet it cost more to cater to these few customers... thus no difference in the price. These same devices will be locked down so much that you pretty much have a dumb phone with email that only works within their system. Which ends up forcing the person assigned the phone to have their own personal device (that stays outside secure areas).
    02-26-15 03:11 PM
    Just to chime in on "available". Marketing lingo here but available means available to order. It's vague on purpose.

So what's the difference between "pre order" and "available" ? With a pre order, there is no shipping date promised. Once one is, it's considered available.

Available in store is a whole different animal

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:16 PM
    As much as I am happy that I have one ordered now, I'm quite disappointed at how Verizon has handled this launch. Their press release was not accurate (not matter which way you slice it, it literally wasn't available on Feb 26 in any time zone - it was available on Oct 25 between 10:00-10:45 EST and apparently was sold out), when I called Telesales last night 5 different people told me 5 different things, and for all intents and purposes the phone isn't really available until Mar 5, per Telesales, stores, and online. In the grand scheme on things the 1 week difference isn't major but they certainly disappointed me and others by setting the wrong expectations.

All I can say is that hopefully the phone will be great to make up for it! FWIW, a business telesales rep I spoke with this morning told me that it's very common for phones to ship before the "estimated" date so he said he wouldn't be surprised if the backorders shipped on Mon or Tues vs Thurs. Time will tell...
    02-26-15 04:07 PM
    I ordered mine last night. The receipt is already showing up in my "Documents and Receipts" and the Edge agreement is attached to line. With the iPhone 6 launch, this was an indication of a shipped phone... so I think they'll be shipping out today/tomorrow.
    02-26-15 04:55 PM
58 123