104 1234 ...
tools
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 09:03 AM
    No double typing at all. Loving the classic

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:09 PM
    You sure your not double hitting the space bar? That is what it's supposed to do. add a period kinda a time saver.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'm sure. Yes it is a time saver unless it throws it in the middle of a sentence which is what happens.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 10:49 AM
    no trouble here on the classic nor the Q10 on verizon. both work perfectly. Only classic issue is charging in the car, but have new charger from blackberry with higher voltage which seems to fix everyone's problem
    06-01-15 08:19 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 02:46 PM
    I got my Classic used, ever so lightly, and it's been flawless for me from Day 1.
    06-02-15 07:04 PM
    No double typing issues for me. I've had mine almost two weeks.

Things I like about the phone. It feels great in the hand. It's larger than the Q10 which at first took some time to adjust to, but now I just feels right. The rubber grip on the back feels nice and its hard to set this phone down.

Typing is an absolute dream. The keys are just slightly larger than the ones on the Q10 and I find that my hands are much better suited for typing on it. I was having trouble typing without looking at the keys on the Q10, but have no trouble on the Classic.

Using the track-pad for scrolling through websites and editing sentences is great. I feel like the Q10 is missing out by not having the tool belt. Web browsing especially on the small screen is much more difficult without the track-pad to click on small links and to hover over menus without clicking. In this sense I'd say the Web browsing experience is better on the Classic than the other touch screen devices (I had a Z10 previous to my Q10).

The "back" and "end call" keys are being used quite a bit. I find that I hit the end call key to minimize apps rather than swiping up on the screen, and then pressing the back button to close them instead of tapping the little "x" in the corner of the active frame. I find this to be much more efficient than the gestures, and is an improvement over the gestures. Of course, If I feel like it, I can use the gestures so that works out great.

I don't find myself using the menu key very often. Much of what you would use it for can be done with key board shortcuts, but I may need to make the extra effort to use it more to see if it can help make some of the actions I perform on a regular basis a but more efficient.

I personally haven't assigned apps to quick launch keys, but I'm sure it'll be very handy once I take the time to do it.

Call quality is excellent. I'm sure you probably guessed since it is on all BlackBerry devices, but thought it deserved mentioned here.

My battery is still getting settled. The first few days I was experiencing drain so I've started keeping it on a charger at work. I'll keep it off in a few days and see if it's improved. I see from other comments here, the culprit may be Amazon apps, so maybe some investigation is in order.

There are certain games that aren't available on it, and it's ana absolute crime that retro games like Raiden Legacy and R-Type aren't working on 10.3 because I was looking forward to using the track-pad to play. Also note that some apps from snap and Amazon won't play nice with the track-pad, but maybe updates down the road will fix this. Not a deal breaker for me by any means, but it would be nice.

All in all, it's a solid device with a premium feel. I use the leather pouch to carry it around and I'm very happy with the setup so far. If you like pkb devices at all, you'll have no problem falling in love with the Classic right away. It's definitely the phone they should have released when they launched BB10, but that's neither here nor there. I have to say I'm pretty excited to see the next iteration of it which will hopefully have some better internals and even better battery life. I guess we'll have to stay tuned for BlackBerry's next device announcements.

Cheers and good luck.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible Classic! 
    06-02-15 09:12 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 09:29 AM
    Had my Verizon Classic for a week now. No probs, lovin it. And the wireless charging. Got a Tylt wireless car charger on the way too. Can't wait to get that bad boy hooked up. #NoMoWires. Lol

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    06-08-15 12:32 AM
    So, what "type" or "standard" wireless charging does the verizon classic use? That alone may be worth me upgrading from my q10.. again something I miss from my pre3

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 07:24 PM
    So, what "type" or "standard" wireless charging does the verizon classic use? That alone may be worth me upgrading from my q10.. again something I miss from my pre3

Posted via CB10
    Qi. I have a Qi charger now and it works well.

Avenzuno likes this.
    06-08-15 07:30 PM
    So far loving my Classic since switching from M9

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    06-08-15 07:33 PM
    Decided to go ahead and upgrade- slightly bigger screen, bigger keyboard- TRACKPAD and buttons...and wireless charging - sold..

I looked Friday to do an edge up on my q10 and the classic was on back order til today ...

Now it's just "sold out" and it won't let me order one lol... guess that's good? it at least sold whatever stock there was!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 08:24 PM
    I was excited about the Classic and intended to get one, but after reading about the issues, double typos and all, I'll stick with my trusty Z30. I have never had an issue with this device. it still serves me well.

Z30 STA 100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    Update: I just bought the Classic on a whim just to try it out. Pleasantly surprised with build quality and performance. Still favor my trusty Z30 for the screen size, but I have to admit that the Classic so far has not disappointed me in the slightest!

Posted via Classic - 10.3.2.858
    09-06-15 02:32 PM
    I've had my Classic, purchased directly from Verizon, for over a week and a half with no issues whatsoever. Knocking on wood!!! I Love My Classic!!!
    09-07-15 12:13 AM
    Qi. I have a Qi charger now and it works well.

I see there are different ones on Amazon. Does the wireless charger charge very so?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 05:47 PM
    I see there are different ones on Amazon. Does the wireless charger charge very so?

Posted via CB10
    I'd say it charges at the same rate as a standard wall plug charger. It's not as fast as using the Playbook charger, but I wouldn't say it's "very slow".

You can't beat the convenience, and as a bonus, if you get an upright charger, it works well as a stand for video calls.

I'd definitely recommend one if you're in the market.

09-08-15 07:01 PM
    I'd say it charges at the same rate as a standard wall plug charger. It's not as fast as using the Playbook charger, but I wouldn't say it's "very slow".

You can't beat the convenience, and as a bonus, if you get an upright charger, it works well as a stand for video calls.

I'd definitely recommend one if you're in the market.

Wow just realized I posted very "so" instead of slow.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    09-08-15 07:28 PM
    HAHA I have a ATT classic dont hate me but mine has been great, see ya
    09-08-15 08:11 PM
    Picked up a Anker Powerport qi charger. Excited.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 09:27 PM
    I shattered my verizon classic's screen but the keyboard works great. Anyone with doubletyping want to either sell me their device so I can replace my screen (since the screens aren't anywhere on the aftermarket that I can find) or buy my device so they can replace their keyboard?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-08-15 09:59 PM
    :..?!

09-08-15 10:00 PM
    VZW classic. Double typin every day.

I JUST learned that if you hold the shift or alt key it locks whichever you mode you long press. I've been using the tap left alt + left shift for alt lock, left alt + right shift for caps lock.

Learning new shortcuts daily.

Double typin' classicly
    09-13-15 09:31 AM
    buy my device so they can replace their keyboard?

I would love to next check. What's your most resonable price?

Double typin' classicly
    09-13-15 09:33 AM
    VZW classic. Double typin every day.

I JUST learned that if you hold the shift or alt key it locks whichever you mode you long press.
    Thanks for sharing that! Very helpful.

I don't think I am double typing, though I am not entirely sure what you guys mean. Does it mean that you type a character once and it shows up twice on the screen? If so, no problem with that so far on my Verizon Classic.
    09-13-15 11:24 AM
104 1234 ...