How is your battery life so far? Getting a full day on one charge?
    It's decent, I expected it to last a bit longer. I start using it around 9 A.M. and find myself at 20% by about 8 P.M. With moderate use. Typically though I can find a charger in between and charge it up. It's less than my iPhone 6S but it's pretty decent. If I place my AT&T SIM in it, it find battery life is a bit better though at can probably be attributed to the fact it's not having to run 2 cell radios like when it's having to with Verizon on CDMA and LTE vs. AT&T is with HSPA or LTE only at a given time.
    05-09-16 01:50 PM
    It's decent, I expected it to last a bit longer. I start using it around 9 A.M. and find myself at 20% by about 8 P.M. With moderate use. Typically though I can find a charger in between and charge it up. It's less than my iPhone 6S but it's pretty decent. If I place my AT&T SIM in it, it find battery life is a bit better though at can probably be attributed to the fact it's not having to run 2 cell radios like when it's having to with Verizon on CDMA and LTE vs. AT&T is with HSPA or LTE only at a given time.
    Thanks, that's helpful!

Any issues with going from areas of no service back into service areas, and vice versa? I have all kinds of problems with that on the older software

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 04:09 PM
    Just got a new Verizon CLassic and having problems with voice mail:

1. Not notification in the hub.

2. Each time I get a voice mail, I get a prompt to sign up for Visual Voice Mail, which I don't want.

Any advice?
    06-23-16 08:44 AM
    Just got a new Verizon CLassic and having problems with voice mail:

1. Not notification in the hub.

2. Each time I get a voice mail, I get a prompt to sign up for Visual Voice Mail, which I don't want.

Any advice?
    I think I had to go into the phone app and call the voicemail and there are options to set it up, make a message and passcode, etc. after that I got notifications on my lock screen. There used to be a separate category called Voicemail in the Hub on my Q10 but none on the Classic
    06-23-16 09:14 AM
    I went into Setup and set up the visual voice mail. Set it to basic (rejected the free trial of premium) and it looks OK now. Will have to have a friend call to test it out.

Basic is free with Verizon. Called Verizon and figured that out. BUT if you use the free trail for premium that you get with new service when it expires you get auto charged monthly for it. The only difference between basic and premium is that basic has a 20 message limit.

There was a Voicemail icon in the hub but now it's been replaced by the visual voice mail one.

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    06-23-16 10:00 AM
    I went into Setup and set up the visual voice mail. Set it to basic (rejected the free trial of premium) and it looks OK now. Will have to have a friend call to test it out.

Basic is free with Verizon. Called Verizon and figured that out. BUT if you use the free trail for premium that you get with new service when it expires you get auto charged monthly for it. The only difference between basic and premium is that basic has a 20 message limit.

There was a Voicemail icon in the hub but now it's been replaced by the visual voice mail one.

Posted via CB10
    Glad you got it sorted. I'm with verizon too and rejected the visual voicemail. I do not have a separate voicemail icon in Hub, just one for Calls. Wonder how I get that? I did not go thru Visual Voicemail to set mine up, I just called the voicemail number in the phone app
    06-23-16 10:05 AM
    Glad you got it sorted. I'm with verizon too and rejected the visual voicemail. I do not have a separate voicemail icon in Hub, just one for Calls. Wonder how I get that? I did not go thru Visual Voicemail to set mine up, I just called the voicemail number in the phone app
    Thanks, dollface!

My voicemail icon was there from the start, I did nothing to get it. As I mentioned, when I activated visual voicemail, the regular voicemail icon was replaced by the VVM one.

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    06-23-16 10:25 AM
    Thanks, dollface!

My voicemail icon was there from the start, I did nothing to get it. As I mentioned, when I activated visual voicemail, the regular voicemail icon was replaced by the VVM one.

Posted via CB10
    I would like a voicemail icon again in the Hub. I wonder how I get that

EDIT: I got it, I had to accept the free trial of visual voice mail and it t an icon in the Hub, then I canceled the free trial and accepted Basic Visual Voice mail which it says comes with plan, and the icon is still there!
    Last edited by dollface; 06-23-16 at 11:44 AM.
    06-23-16 11:24 AM
    I would like a voicemail icon again in the Hub. I wonder how I get that

EDIT: I got it, I had to accept the free trial of visual voice mail and it t an icon in the Hub, then I canceled the free trial and accepted Basic Visual Voice mail which it says comes with plan, and the icon is still there!
    So you have a VVM icon, right?

Personally, I LOVE VVM. I can see who left each message, listen or discard and sort through them all without having to endure all of that "234-987-6543 called on spetmber 2nd at nine thirty nine....etc" stuff you get with regular voice mail. With the free one, it's just important to remember that you only get 20, so delete them as soon as you no longer need them. Otherwise, people get that "voice mail is full message."
    dollface likes this.
    06-23-16 02:36 PM
    So you have a VVM icon, right?

Personally, I LOVE VVM. I can see who left each message, listen or discard and sort through them all without having to endure all of that "234-987-6543 called on spetmber 2nd at nine thirty nine....etc" stuff you get with regular voice mail. With the free one, it's just important to remember that you only get 20, so delete them as soon as you no longer need them. Otherwise, people get that "voice mail is full message."
    Yes, the icon now shows and says visual voice mail, but it is the basic one. Good point about deleting them right away, thanks
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    06-23-16 02:51 PM
    I preferred Google Voice visual voice-mail over Verizon's. Sadly it's no longer supported on BlackBerry.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    06-23-16 03:08 PM
    Is there anything I can do to improve my cell phone reception? It seems it's not quite as good as some other phone I had. Just notice losing calls in places I didn't normally drop calls before.
    06-23-16 09:48 PM
    Any of my fellow Verizon Classic owners upgrade to the new 10.3.3 OS yet? Notice any improvements, specifically with regard to connection to the network?

I previously had a lot of trouble/delays regaining service when coming out of a location where I did not get service. Only switching on and off airplane mode would force the phone to reconnect. I plan to check this for myself firsthand tomorrow on the subway, on the way to work, but figured maybe some of you have checked already.
    01-08-17 02:47 PM
    Thus far 10.3.3 has worked perfectly on my Classic. No major complaints other than the fact that voice navigation in Maps is flaky on Bluetooth: unless I have something else playing first (music, podcast, etc) I won't get the audio.
    01-11-17 03:02 PM
    You have 10.3.3???

I'm still on 10.3.2.556. The phone says I'm on the latest software. When I click for updates I get an error message saying the phone can't connect to the server.

Am I missing something?

As always, kindly direct me to the proper thread if this has already been discussed and I've somehow missed it.

Thanks.
    01-12-17 08:38 AM
    You have 10.3.3???

I'm still on 10.3.2.556. The phone says I'm on the latest software. When I click for updates I get an error message saying the phone can't connect to the server.

Am I missing something?

As always, kindly direct me to the proper thread if this has already been discussed and I've somehow missed it.

Thanks.
    You'll need to manually install the update using an autoloader or a Blitz file. You can find the instructions here on the forum since Verizon has all but abandoned BB10 users with their OS version that doesn't even include most of the QWERTY fixes for some forms of double typing.
    01-12-17 10:08 AM
    Thus far 10.3.3 has worked perfectly on my Classic. No major complaints other than the fact that voice navigation in Maps is flaky on Bluetooth: unless I have something else playing first (music, podcast, etc) I won't get the audio.
    Are you able to customize settings for Contact Notifications under the Notifications setting? If so, which method did you use to update your phone?

I used the Blitz method and after updating, the Contact Notification button stopped working.
    01-12-17 11:17 AM
    You'll need to manually install the update using an autoloader or a Blitz file. You can find the instructions here on the forum since Verizon has all but abandoned BB10 users with their OS version that doesn't even include most of the QWERTY fixes for some forms of double typing.
    So no update can be expected from Verizon ... ever? If so it's just one more reason to look toward TMobile. Thanks for the info.
    01-12-17 12:32 PM
    Contacts Notifications works just fine, I haven't had to set one in awhile, but the ones I have work, and setting a new one works as well.

Verizon is always slow on updates, and as of right now no carrier has pushed 10.3.3 so moving to T-Mobile may not help as much as you think. At least with BB10 you can update the OS yourself and not need to worry about the carrier's time table at all. At this point, the install base for BlackBerry 10 has to be so tiny that the carriers don't even worry about it at all.
    01-12-17 02:21 PM
    Contacts Notifications works just fine, I haven't had to set one in awhile, but the ones I have work, and setting a new one works as well.
    Thanks, did you use an autoloader or a Blitz file?
    01-12-17 04:40 PM
    Thanks, did you use an autoloader or a Blitz file?
    Blitz for me: I didn't want to have to worry about reloading everything again.
    01-12-17 06:30 PM
    Blitz for me: I didn't want to have to worry about reloading everything again.
    Ok, I used Blitz as well. I wonder if I should (or could) try again, as I lost all ability to customize notifications for contacts.
    01-13-17 07:01 PM
    So no update can be expected from Verizon ... ever? If so it's just one more reason to look toward TMobile. Thanks for the info.
    Depending on your location, this could be a wise move, or a really bad one. Verizon is king where I live, and T-Mobile is an absolute joke, as is Sprint. AT&T does alright but pales in comparison to Verizon. Not really sure that this is a good reason to switch providers.
    01-15-17 10:45 AM
    That's the problem. Verizon has the widest AREA of coverage and the fewest dead zones. With Verizon I know I'll have a signal. Period. T-Mobile is definitely getting better, though. What I need to do (like I'd ever get the time, lol) is to travel around and use Signal to see which frequencies are available in different areas. OTOH, I could pick up a Moto G Play XT1607 for ~$100, stick a T-Mobile SIM card into it and see how it goes. If it's an epic fail, I can still use the phone on Verizon;-)
    01-20-17 12:25 AM
    How are folks doing these days connecting to the Verizon network on their classics?

I have been having problems connecting to the Verizon network. Today I lost connection in the subway and it didn't come back at all when I went outside. I tried using airplane mode, but it kept shutting back off! I literally could not turn on airplane mode!

The only way I could reconnect was to restart the phone.
    06-13-17 09:10 AM
104 ... 2345