There are about a million double typing threads on Crackberry forums. I know this. I've read through the majority of them, and even contributed in some. Have been victim to double typing on my Q10 until I bravely swapped out the keyboard. Up hill from there. Thankfully.

Now, I love my Q10. But, I would love to:

1) Try out 10.3. Sadly still stuck on 10.2(whatever). Don't care for leaks because this is my main phone and I rather not deal with that process.

2) Bring back the fond memories of my 9930. What a phone! Want the end call button. Hate how the Q10 has the end call and the speaker button so close to each other. Wouldn't mind the physical buttons back.

3) Enjoy a bigger sized screen. Not iphone or samsung big. Not passport big (maybe if there was a fourth row).

Now, before I commit, I would appreciate Verizon Classic owners (only!) to post whether or not they have come across any sort of double typing, and if they were successful (or unsuccessful) in any sort of self repair to getting Verizon and/or Blackberry involved. Include how long you have owned the device and whether you bought it brand new or secondhand.

I would greatly appreciate any informative feedback or input. This is my own attempt at researching how widespread this double typing situation is and any possible remedies. Please don't tell me that there are a million of these type threads. Please don't tell me that this should be in the Verizon thread. Please pass this one over if you are not on Verizon. In other words, if you did not purchase your phone exclusively from Verizon, or your phone is not branded by Verizon, please pass this over. Look but don't touch. Can't make it any clearer than that.

Thank you for your cooperation. I am a proud Blackberry owner (three times over) who would like to continue spending my hard earned money buying Blackberry devices (and hopefully one day Blackberry stock).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by onlyblackberry; 05-29-15 at 12:03 AM.
    05-28-15 11:48 PM
    Second Classic with Verizon and no issues whatsoever on either device.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 11:55 PM
    There are about a million double typing threads on Crackberry forums. I know this. I've read through the majority of them, and even contributed in some. Have been victim to double typing on my Q10 until I bravely swapped out the keyboard. Up hill from there. Thankfully.

Now, I love my Q10. But, I would love to:

1) Try out 10.3. Sadly still stuck on 10.2(whatever). Don't care for leaks because this is my main phone and I rather not deal with that process.

2) Bring back the fond memories of my 9930. What a phone! Want the end call button. Hate how the Q10 has the end call and the speaker button so close to each other. Wouldn't mind the physical buttons back.

3) Enjoy a bigger sized screen. Not iphone or samsung big. Not passport big (maybe if there was a fourth row).

Now, before I commit, I would appreciate Verizon Classic owners (only!) to post whether or not they have come across any sort of double typing, and if they were successful (or unsuccessful) in any sort of self repair to getting Verizon and/or Blackberry involved.

I would greatly appreciate any informative feedback or input. This is my own attempt at researching how widespread this double typing situation is and any possible remedies. Please don't tell me that there are a million of these type threads. Please don't tell me that this should be in the Verizon thread. Please pass this one over if you are not on Verizon. In other words, if you did not purchase your phone exclusively from Verizon, or your phone is not branded by Verizon, please pass this over. Look but don't touch. Can't make it any clearer than that.

Thank you for your cooperation. I am a proud Blackberry owner (three times over) who would like to continue spending my hard earned money buying Blackberry devices (and hopefully one day Blackberry stock).

Posted via CB10
    I have occasional double typing.

I am hooked on BlackBerry. Have one for 13 years. It's an email/text beast. No other phone comes close. But, the double typing (and other quirky things) have me wondering if Classic will be my last one...

They ruined themselves by making drastic changes from the 9930, imho.

Posted via CB10
    Soapm likes this.
    05-29-15 12:05 AM
    I didn't have it but now I do. I am on a leak though. Trying to deal with it for now. Had the vz classic since day one

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:36 AM
    No double typing here. Phone came with 10.3.1.980 but I updated to 10.3.2.680 leak. Have not had typing issues on either.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.680
    05-29-15 08:14 AM
    We have 5 classic users on vzw, none of them have double typing issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 08:21 AM
    No double typing here. It seems like a software issue. I had it on my q10 for about a month with one of the os's but it went away after an upgrade, can't remember what versions at this point.

Classic hits on all cylinders. Do the upgrade and do the latest 10.3.1 leak you will most likely be very happy with LCD, battery life, stability and form factor.

My only two gripes, the back cover is not as nice as the glass weave and once in a while in a poor coverage area I will drop call on vzw in NYC.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 08:39 AM
    I preordered mine through Verizon. I had an issue with a battery drain with an app through Amazon. I deleted it and have had no other issues. The only typing issues I have is when I forget I'm not using my Z10 and just tap the key. So, I guess this would be the opposite of double typing and is operator-error. I think you'd be pleased with the Classic. I have had no quality control issues and I run mine naked.

The Classic
    Last edited by BBgeeqed04; 05-30-15 at 12:06 AM.
    05-29-15 08:57 AM
    Had mine for almost 2 months. Purchased brand new through VZW.com. No double tying (yet.) Hopefully it will stay that way. As long as the keys are responsive and usable, unlike my Q10 which, more than the double typing issue, became literally unusable with several keys not responding or me having to press over 5-6 times to get it to respond, I'll much rather take the double typing over non-responsive keys if given a choice. But right now, I'm loving how the keys seem to click better than on the Q10 and clearly reminds me of my 9930 days. Time will tell though I suppose.

I'm on the stock OS (10.3.1.941). I too don't really care for leaks or having the most up to date OS. But there are those who do, and I respect that. As long as it isn't broke and the OS seems stable enough, I'll keep it that way.

In terms of Verizon service, not with my Classic, but when I had the Q10, the unresponsiveness of the keys got so bad that I called in to see if I could get a warranty replacement since I have extended warranty coverage on my phones. They were nice about it overall but didn't replace the device. Instead, they had me go through the common resetting and reloading of the OS and sending them text updates, etc but eventually, it became too much of a hassle since I had to do it after work and things like that. So I just decided to buy a new Classic. Had a few coupons and discounts and such which I used to off-set the full retail price. They could have just honored my extended warranty coverage and replaced the phone. To be fair to VZW though, at that point the Q10 was no longer listed on their website nor was it being sold through VZW and I wonder if perhaps they did not have enough pre-owned/certified devices so they had me go through all of that.
    jimk345 likes this.
    05-29-15 09:15 AM
    Verizon Classic owner from the moment it came to VZW. No double typing issues. He'll, no issues at all. Apps run great, phone is solid, keypad is very nice! All around great phone!

Posted using my physical keyboard on my BlackBerry Classic.
    05-29-15 10:11 AM
    I've had the Verizon Classic for almost a month now. I've only had two issues

The eBay app I downloaded from the Amazon App Store drained my battery (couldn't even get 8 hours / day with medium usage. Deleted that app and my battery life has improved drastically.

When I receive new messages, I would swipe into the Hub and there is a delay for the messages to appear, about 2-3 seconds. Where the messages should be is just an empty white space.

I'm running the official 10.3.1.941. I've had variants of 10.3.1 on my Q10 and Z30 and never experienced this problem with the Hub. So I'm sure an update or a leak would easily resolve my issue. Since the delay isn't that long, I will stick with the official release for now

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 01:38 PM
    Thank you, OP for posting this. I am in the same boat and have been wondering the same things. I plan to get a Classic this summer when my upgrade is available.

@armanatron I have that SAME issue with the delay in messages showing up on my Verizon Q10. It seems like it does it a lot when my device storage is almost full. I have had all kinds of weird stuff when my storage is almost full.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 01:47 PM
    Have 3 Classics! No double typing!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 02:11 PM
    Have had my classic for about 2 months and only key I have double typing with is the space bar. So I get a period every once in awhile when it's not needed but it's a rare problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 08:55 PM
    My second classic (VZW) neither had any keyboard issues at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:02 PM
    Have had my classic for about 2 months and only key I have double typing with is the space bar. So I get a period every once in awhile when it's not needed but it's a rare problem.

Posted via CB10
    You sure your not double hitting the space bar? That is what it's supposed to do. add a period kinda a time saver.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:06 PM
    I have been using the Classic for about two months. No typing issues whatsoever. I upgraded from a Z10 and have been both impressed with the Classic and very satisfied with making the choice to go back to the physical keyboard. I use cutting and pasting quite a bit and the ease at which that can be accomplished with the track pad has been worth the upgrade. Very efficient phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:18 PM
    I am a long time Verizon business customer. Got the Q10 right after released. 3 months and the double typing started. Kept the phone a year and tolerated it waiting foor the Classic.

Got the Classic and within 6 weeks started the doouble. Typing. It has progressively gotten worse. Started with voowels and. Now moved to the space bar.

I am so pissed. At BlackBerry for releasing these garbage keyboards after the thousands and thousands of complaints over the space of two years.

I called Verizon tech support and simply ordered a replacement. It came in today and I wwil be hopefully activating it this weekend. Hopefully the keyboard is not one of these pieces of crap too.

Oh, and this is DEFINITELY NOT a software problem. I started getting the DT crap on 10.3.1 and upgraded to 10.3.2 and still have it. And the. Q10 on 10.1 and 10.2 had it too. It is faulty junk hardware.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:33 PM
    BTW all weird placed. periods and double typing in my last post were the crummy keyboard not me

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:35 PM
    Verizon Classic 10.3.1.941 with no double typing at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 12:24 AM
    I was excited about the Classic and intended to get one, but after reading about the issues, double typos and all, I'll stick with my trusty Z30. I have never had an issue with this device. it still serves me well.

Z30 STA 100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    05-30-15 01:04 AM
    Had the phone for a few months now and I don't have any issues on my BlackBerry Classic (vzw).

Stock OS and no leaks etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 07:14 AM
    Agreed my Classic from VRW has been solid no regrets.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 08:05 AM
    Two Classics, one of which is Verizon. Zero double typing instances.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 09:22 AM
    No problems with double typing on mine

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 11:24 AM
104 123 ...