I'm going to have to leave my Passport and switch to Verizon due to work. Very interested in the Classic on Verizon and was wondering how the battery holds up during the day. Can you make it through an entire day without a recharge? I've got 4 email accounts including an Exchange account, Facebook, Twitter/Blaq and LinkedIn that I access all day. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks...
    04-19-15 08:29 AM
    I guess the Verizon model shouldn't be any different from the other models, since it has the same battery. Comparing this, my Passport usually manages about two days off a single charge, my Classic is being charged daily. Having said that, the Classic easily manages to get me through the days, it just doesn't have to reserves to get another day without starting to struggle with any power saving.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 10:16 AM
    I have the Verizon Classic. I would call the battery life "good", but not fantastic. It will last you all day though, I just don't see it lasting more than one day (unless you're a very light user).
    04-19-15 10:21 AM
    I'm on Verizon. I've run into a battery issue twice. One was from an app from Amazon, which I deleted. The other was from something that was making the system run at 70% for some reason. I had to do a couple of reboots to get it to stop. Other than that it's been great! I'll unplug it when I wake up and plug it back in when I get home. It'll have between 50% - 70% left when I plug it in. Now, I can't use my phone for work, but I'm on 4G the entire time. I do check my email, Facebook, BBM and the news when I can. I may even play a video or two. That would be why I would have 50% left. Hope this helps.

The Classic
    04-19-15 10:30 AM
    I have a Verizon z10, so a classic will be significantly better.

I say I get about 100 messages a day between email, text, and other. Maybe 30 minutes of calls, and another 30 minutes of Web browsing. I generally have about 30pct left from 7am to 11pm.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. It sounds as if I could easily get through a 10-12 hour day based on my usage patterns. I don't typically watch videos or listen to music, so I should be good.
    04-19-15 11:08 AM
    Music ( mp3) listening is surprisingly light on battery usage. When i'm I the gym, I use my phone as a mp3 player for more than one hour.. it sets me back just 2% in battery life.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-19-15 01:01 PM
    I don't facebook but am a fairly heavy user otherwise, classic will usually get through the day with 60% left maybe 40% on a really heavy usage day. I've never bothered to try for 2 days between charges but on a lite usage it might make it - but I won't try.

I run 4G/LTE with Bluetooth all day for Pebble, often on wifi in the office. Once a week I give the phone a reboot but rarely any problems. Use a fair amount of android apps, so you should be good to go on vzw. Running latest 10.3.1.XXXX leaks.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 06:27 PM
    20 hours battery life at moderate usage is my norm. Unless you are using it super heavily or playing a lot of games, you should have no problem lasting through the day.

From a Classic
    04-20-15 08:55 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. It sounds as if I could easily get through a 10-12 hour day based on my usage patterns. I don't typically watch videos or listen to music, so I should be good.
    I average anywhere from 15-20 hours before it goes into Battery Saving Mode at 20%. Amazon apps DO drain the battery faster obviously. Yesterday, I put my phone in Bedside Mode for about 30 minutes while I was sitting at Starbucks, which triggered battery saving mode and that obviously helped with battery life. I still had 48% remaining by midnight (17 some hours). Of course, Sundays for me are not usually email or text-heavy days to begin with though I was still on Facebook, listening to some playoff hockey on TuneIn, checking ESPN on the browser for sports scores, and took some notes on Docs to Go and accessed Calendar and Evernote during a church meeting. I even got in a quick game of Monument Valley, which is a battery sucker, but helps if you put the Classic on Airplane Mode before playing.
    04-20-15 09:44 AM
    I just got my VZW Classic last week. If I use the internet heavily, the battery drains like a sieve. Also munches up way too data with no ability to disable images or JavaScript. I typically used less than 100MB/month on my 9900, but I used over120MB just between Tuesday and Saturday last week!

Now I disable data except for periodic email checks, which still leaves me able to get calls and SMS. Battery lasts a lot longer now. TLDR, it seems like the web browser is the #1 battery hog.
    04-20-15 10:15 AM
    I have no issues with the battery on the Classic which is one of the many reasons I stick with it. I run a mostly BlackBerry world exclusive app suite with only 1 port from the amazon app store. Your mileage will very depending on how many android ports you run, and how often you run them. Wireless charging is great for small battery sip ups during the workday if you need them.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 12:38 PM