03-27-15 09:31 AM
173 ... 23456 ...
tools
    It seems more like Verizon and AT&T are just hoping they can kill-off Blackberry with the enterprise users and simply support Apple and Samsung. From reading these boards it seems like there are tons of enterprise users waiting to replace fleets of 9900's, one would think if this message was really reaching Verizon they would be all over the Classic and Passport, or even the entire Blackberry line with 10.3.1 level OS, now that it is really a highly usable OS with minimal bugs and short comings.

It is extremely disappointing to see the US carriers shun Blackberry. Is there any real logical reason? It has to be tied to incentives or sales deals as there seems to be no other reason why they would continue to support all kinds of junk Android models and not provide users with access to what seems like a desired solution. I can see why the big US carriers dissed Hines based upon the crap that was 10.1 but at this point the OS seems pretty solid, the few issues that do exist seem like they could be ironed out quickly with the carriers support.

Is it Chen who won't play ball? or did Basilly blow the relationship so badly in the OS7 days? Or was it Hines and the initial instability of OS10 such a screw up that they lost all credibility for the following years? I wish they would just go ahead and offer us the devices we want.

Early 2015 can't come fast enough!
    Nice conspiracy theory, but the U.S. carriers have always been slow when it comes to rolling out devices. Verizon and AT&T behave like turtles in so many ways.
    01-26-15 01:25 PM
    Nice conspiracy theory, but the U.S. carriers have always been slow when it comes to rolling out devices. Verizon and AT&T behave like turtles in so many ways.
    It's not "slow" or "late" if the carrier hasn't announced it yet. Just because BlackBerry has released a device doesn't mean that the carrier needs to support it at launch. They don't want to flood their floors with all the devices at once. They don't want you picking a classic up over their new flagship

I I know it still sucks to wait. I just want to clarify that there's more to this than then carriers being "slow" or "lazy"

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:01 PM
    Once Crackberry posts a news article stating the Classic is now available on Verizon, I'm still not going to believe it until one is in my hands...

Posted via Zelda the Z10
    phuoc and DeliFresser like this.
    01-27-15 06:46 AM
    I posted above a Verizon rep told me "at the end of the month"... I didn't have much hope, and I think it's highly unlikely now, they would have announced that already. I'm still hoping for next week! Feb. 5th seemed to be thrown out there a lot. If that date passes, I'll have no expectations for it to be anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-28-15 01:16 PM
    By the time Verizon launches this phone, it will definitely be Classic...

Posted via Zelda the Z10
    01-30-15 07:19 AM
    Once Crackberry posts a news article stating the Classic is now available on Verizon, I'm still not going to believe it until one is in my hands...

Posted via Zelda the Z10
    Unfortunately when Crackberry posts a "news" article it will likely be a VZW press release just off embargo. Seems like there should be a little more journalism from CB delving into why BlackBerry has no traction with US carriers, what are potential issues and challenges to seeing the new berries in what is still the most important market in the world. Corporate or consumer if the "tier 1" carriers stop distributing BlackBerry it will continue to fall into irrelevance.

Without access to devices even corporate users will fade away by pure attrition and churn. There really should be a properly researched and hard driving news article about the real state of affairs between BlackBerry and the US market leading carriers.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 08:05 AM
    This is great!
    Verizon Classic-img_20150130_090834.png

Posted via Zelda the Z10
    01-30-15 08:08 AM
    It's not "slow" or "late" if the carrier hasn't announced it yet. Just because BlackBerry has released a device doesn't mean that the carrier needs to support it at launch. They don't want to flood their floors with all the devices at once. They don't want you picking a classic up over their new flagship

I I know it still sucks to wait. I just want to clarify that there's more to this than then carriers being "slow" or "lazy"

Posted via CB10
    The U.S. carriers are slow compared to other carriers around the world to bring devices to end users. They do testing, they often prepare marketing, they have to train their support people on devices. It's just the way it is.
    02-02-15 04:51 PM
    The U.S. carriers are slow compared to other carriers around the world to bring devices to end users. They do testing, they often prepare marketing, they have to train their support people on devices. It's just the way it is.
    I honestly do not see that as a plus. I mean how often do you see support staff actually properly trained and knowledgeable about a device unless they themselves have the same one? Device testing? Of course. They need to figure out how to lock roaming settings out and make sure the bloatware is loaded so you accidentally buy a Telenav subscription or dial 411.

It's always about the carrier themselves, and never about the customer.
    areyes163 and eji930 like this.
    02-02-15 07:55 PM

Got that right!
    areyes163 likes this.
    02-02-15 11:39 PM
    Was hoping today would be the day for vzw to announce the classic. Isn't Tuesday their standard day for announcements of new devices? I want one!!!!!!!!!
    02-03-15 08:34 AM
    Thursday. VZW releases new phones on Thursdays with the exception of the iPhone.
    02-03-15 08:36 AM
    Thursday. VZW releases new phones on Thursdays with the exception of the iPhone.
    Release on thursday, but announce on Tuesday I think?
    02-03-15 08:37 AM
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Honestly if it were coming this week I should have heard something about it. I work for a premium retailer as am inventory manager.
    02-03-15 11:24 AM
    I have a iPhone 6 plus now and I have been waiting for the classic to arrive since it was announced. Verizon needs to hurry up and release this thing already. I am impatiently waiting for it to arrive. lol I gave up my Q10 after the double typing issue got me and while I like the iPhone for media consumption I much prefer Blackberry for getting work done. I cannot wait.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-03-15 02:54 PM
    I've repeatedly bashed Verizon on Twitter about this...and I won't let up until they have the Classic available!
    Verizon Classic-img_20150203_175713.png

Posted via "Link" the Q10
    thanasi likes this.
    02-03-15 04:57 PM
    I will lol if verizon responds to your tweet, but not the classic - but tripple h and wrestle mania.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 05:10 PM
    I honestly do not see that as a plus. I mean how often do you see support staff actually properly trained and knowledgeable about a device unless they themselves have the same one? Device testing? Of course. They need to figure out how to lock roaming settings out and make sure the bloatware is loaded so you accidentally buy a Telenav subscription or dial 411.

I agree, Toni... it's not a plus.
    02-03-15 06:22 PM
    Has anyone even seen anything about a Verizon branded classic going through the FCC yet? I fear we are in for a long wait for this phone to come to VZW.
    02-03-15 08:25 PM
    Has anyone even seen anything about a Verizon branded classic going through the FCC yet? I fear we are in for a long wait for this phone to come to VZW.
    Yep. Search around - maybe it was bla1ze or thurask or someone else, but it's been posted here already. Specified the cdma radio, qi charging....now, I don't know if that means that's it's been approved and all of that -I just saw a thread that it was submitted to the fcc.
    02-03-15 09:41 PM
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Honestly if it were coming this week I should have heard something about it. I work for a premium retailer as am inventory manager.
    We're counting on you Riley:-)
    02-03-15 10:13 PM
    Common Verizon let get to this. It is now the 7th and we are still wanting.....and waiting....and waiting....lol.

I think I figured out what the delay is though. Verizon is probably still trying to figure out how many places they can stick the carrier logo on the phone before they release it. It takes time to get the shipment in when Blackberry has to add Verizon's logo on the device 87 times lol.
    02-07-15 09:20 PM
    Common Verizon let get to this. It is now the 7th and we are still wanting.....and waiting....and waiting....lol.

I think I figured out what the delay is though. Verizon is probably still trying to figure out how many places they can stick the carrier logo on the phone before they release it. It takes time to get the shipment in when Blackberry has to add Verizon's logo on the device 87 times lol.
    Again, got that right. Go Lions!
    02-07-15 10:52 PM
    Not sure how much longer I can wait for Verizon. I've had my Q10 for 16 months now, the longest I've kept a single phone by at least 8 months. I love my Q10 - I'm just bored!!!! It's so hard to avoid walking in to the local store and walking out with a shiny new device - maybe a Note 4, maybe a Moto X, heck, maybe even a iPhone 6. HA! Never an iPhone, but anyhow, I want the Classic!!!!!!!!
    02-09-15 11:19 AM
    Not sure how much longer I can wait for Verizon. I've had my Q10 for 16 months now, the longest I've kept a single phone by at least 8 months. I love my Q10 - I'm just bored!!!! It's so hard to avoid walking in to the local store and walking out with a shiny new device - maybe a Note 4, maybe a Moto X, heck, maybe even a iPhone 6. HA! Never an iPhone, but anyhow, I want the Classic!!!!!!!!
    Quite astonished how disposable phones have become.

I had my Pre 3 for 4 years and it's till now I replaced it.
    02-09-15 11:20 AM
173 ... 23456 ...