The day is drawing closer.
    The signing of Suh? The NFL Draft? The release of the Classic?

Posted via my super duper ultra mega Z10 with death ray
    anon(1733) likes this.
    02-23-15 10:36 PM
    Official press release:

The BlackBerry Classic will be available online starting February 26 and in Verizon Wireless stores on March 5 for $99.99 with new two-year activation after $50 mail-in rebate debit card (takes up to six weeks and expires in 12 months). Verizon Edge is also available for eligible customers.
    jfolland and ronmrn like this.
    02-24-15 09:41 AM
    Official press release:

The BlackBerry Classic will be available online starting February 26 and in Verizon Wireless stores on March 5 for $99.99 with new two-year activation after $50 mail-in rebate debit card (takes up to six weeks and expires in 12 months). Verizon Edge is also available for eligible customers.
    Still waiting to hear if they will release a non-camera version

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-24-15 10:08 AM
    $100 looks like an awful deal with a 2 year contract. Edge is definitely the way to go if you have a More Everything plan.
    anon(19759) likes this.
    02-24-15 10:48 AM
    My guess is $499 outright, but hopefully $449

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    02-24-15 11:43 AM
    Official press release:

Why March 5th nooooo
    02-24-15 11:59 AM
    My guess is $499 outright, but hopefully $449

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    According to online reps -- $16.67 on Edge, so $399.99 outright
    02-24-15 12:01 PM
    If ATT is selling it outright at $419, it's almost a given VZW will be more. $449 if we're lucky...

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    02-24-15 12:10 PM
    According to online reps -- $16.67 on Edge, so $399.99 outright
    That would be great!
    02-24-15 12:18 PM
    Just spoke to Karen at the Verizon store in Huntington Beach, California. She said off contract /full price would be $399. First called my store in Cypress and they laughed and hung up, complaining to Verizon after this post.
    02-24-15 12:32 PM
    Does anyone know whether it will be available via Telesales on Feb 26 or Mar 5, given the dates that Verizon mentioned Feb 26 online and Mar 5 in-store? Thanks!.
    02-24-15 01:02 PM
    For two years if you buy Classic on VZW for $400 and your line access fee is $25/mo, you pay $1000 plus tax for that line in 24 months.

If you sign 2 year contract, you pay $150 + $30 (upgrade/activation fee) less $50 (mail in rebate) but then your monthly line access fee is $40, you'd pay $1090 plus tax for that line in 24 months.

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    02-24-15 05:13 PM
    And if you have 8GB or more of data, your line access fee is reduced to $15 on a month to month plan. Pay $400 outright for the phone, then after 24 months you pay $760 for that line. 8 GB data currently costs $85/month on VZW so it's a catch 22 because if you dip below 8 GB on a month to month, your line access fee increase to $25.

This is a great method for family plans though. I have 4 lines all off contract at $15/mo per line. 8 GB of data per month with my 20% off work discount makes the $85----become $68. My VZW monthly bill for 4 lines, sharing 8 GB data, unlimited talk and text is $128/mo plus tax...$32/line

Don't get a 2 year contract!

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    phuoc likes this.
    02-24-15 05:21 PM
    For two years if you buy Classic on VZW for $400 and your line access fee is $25/mo, you pay $1000 plus tax for that line in 24 months.

If you sign 2 year contract, you pay $150 + $30 (upgrade/activation fee) less $50 (mail in rebate) but then your monthly line access fee is $40, you'd pay $1090 plus tax for that line in 24 months.

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    Obviously an even larger disparity if you're getting the $15 access fee.
    02-24-15 05:23 PM
    Ordered my Classic on Verizon website. It's sad really that I have to wait until after 3/5 to most likely receive it. Paying 16.66/mo on Edge. The Ocarina of Time is coming home!

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    02-26-15 11:39 AM
    Verizon can't do anything about the Passport until BlackBerry actually makes a CDMA model. Nothing has hit the FCC yet, and we won't see a Verizon release probably for 6 months after the CDMA model passes the FCC. So "soon" translates to "6 months after some future date."
    02-26-15 03:07 PM
    Verizon can't do anything about the Passport until BlackBerry actually makes a CDMA model. Nothing has hit the FCC yet, and we won't see a Verizon release probably for 6 months after the CDMA model passes the FCC. So "soon" translates to "6 months after some future date."
    Think it's more to do with AT&T snagging an exclusive contract.

This "carrier exclusive" madness needs to stop. So much better in Canada now that they all harmonized on HSPA. Use whatever phone unlocked wherever. We're even scrapping all the CDMA networks soon.
    02-27-15 09:15 AM
    My Verizon Classic should be delivered tomorrow! Oh what fun!

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    03-02-15 09:23 PM
    Think it's more to do with AT&T snagging an exclusive contract.

This "carrier exclusive" madness needs to stop. So much better in Canada now that they all harmonized on HSPA. Use whatever phone unlocked wherever. We're even scrapping all the CDMA networks soon.
    Sometimes carrier exclusive means that one carrier paid more to get it exclusive. Other times it means that only one carrier wanted to carry the phone. I think it's the latter in this case. Blackberrys "for now" language days as much.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:06 PM
    Sometimes carrier exclusive means that one carrier paid more to get it exclusive. Other times it means that only one carrier wanted to carry the phone. I think it's the latter in this case. Blackberrys "for now" language days as much.

Posted via CB10
    My point is that we wouldn't have to deal with this carrier wanting to carry the phone or not, if it was all standardized and they aren't allowed to implement whitelists. If the networks are all the same, use whatever phone with whatever network you want. Pretty much the way like the rest of the world, and it's better for competition. If my carrier's reception sucks or they want to raise prices, simple. Just unlock my phone and swap the SIM out, done. I buy my phones unlocked anyways.

Granted this whitelist bullcrap came from the days of 1xCDMA and TDMA where SIM cards didn't exist really, but still. In fact SIM cards did exist for CDMA (R-UIMs), just that the carriers wanted to maintain the control.
    03-03-15 07:38 AM
    My point is that we wouldn't have to deal with this carrier wanting to carry the phone or not, if it was all standardized and they aren't allowed to implement whitelists. If the networks are all the same, use whatever phone with whatever network you want. Pretty much the way like the rest of the world, and it's better for competition. If my carrier's reception sucks or they want to raise prices, simple. Just unlock my phone and swap the SIM out, done. I buy my phones unlocked anyways.

Granted this whitelist bullcrap came from the days of 1xCDMA and TDMA where SIM cards didn't exist really, but still. In fact SIM cards did exist for CDMA (R-UIMs), just that the carriers wanted to maintain the control.
    Sure. Agreed. But that's capitalism for you and I doubt it's gonna change anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:30 AM
    Where did you check out the classic? I che ked them out today at att in nyc and I found the classic very slow esp when web browsing. I'm assuming it's the service and not the device but the passport next to it didn't have that issue.

You have the same problem?

Posted via CB10
    I've had no issues with my new Classic whatsoever. It's probably the best BlackBerry I've ever owned and I've owned quite few.
    03-23-15 01:21 PM
    I have to admit, the Classic is one great smartphone. It makes me not even think about VZW not having the Passport available. I still love my Z30 the best, but the Classic is a great mix of the Bold 9930 and Q10. Perfect smartphone.

I have sold all my phones and my remaining inventory is:

Z30
    Classic
    Bold 9930
    iPhone 5S

Posted via Ocarina the Classic
    davisgq likes this.
    03-27-15 09:31 AM
173 ... 567