THIS ^^^^^

I want QI and I don't want Verizon.
    That's kinda hard, since Verizon's the only major American carrier supporting Qi. I got around this last summer by buying an unlocked 100-3 Z30 from Verizon then after a month moving it to the at&t network. The capability of my VZW Z30 to do at&t Band 4 LTE and Qi charging, with the flexibility to return to the VZW network were all reasons I went with the 100-3 variant. If you want Qi and not use Verizon, consider the 100-3 Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:28 PM
    Do you have any info to share in when we might see a Vz classic in stores? I assume you might be under NDA.

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea. However when it becomes available for testing and my operation guy gets it that means it's pretty soon. The operation guy had the Samsung EDGE few weeks before it was launched. The only reason he let me have the classic for testing is because I bugged him about getting a Z30 when Verizon stopped selling them for a while. He thought I was so strange for still wanting a BlackBerry. Anyways, it should be any time soon

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:46 PM
    ATT will be selling the Classic for $419. With it being $449 on Shop BlackBerry, I wonder what Verizon will charge for their version?

I'm guessing $499 because of the CDMA stranglehold VZW has on us. But $450 would be nice...

Posted via Ganon the Z30
    01-18-15 03:37 PM
    I don't think it's going to happen any time soon

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 04:23 PM
    I just hope Amazon will have it at launch as well. Only way for me to get one really if I just want the device.
    01-19-15 09:22 AM
    So who is to blame for the Classic being massively delayed for Verizon? Is it Blackberry's lack of planning? Is it because Verizon is a pain in the rear? Why does this happen. It's maddening!

-Tom
    01-19-15 09:32 AM
    So who is to blame for the Classic being massively delayed for Verizon? Is it Blackberry's lack of planning? Is it because Verizon is a pain in the rear? Why does this happen. It's maddening!

-Tom
    Because it's not a popular device. There's little money and enthusiasm around it, Verizon won't be seeing mass migration in or out of their network because of this phone. Guess we should be thankful they're even considering carrying it...
    01-19-15 11:03 AM
    Because it's not a popular device. There's little money and enthusiasm around it, Verizon won't be seeing mass migration in or out of their network because of this phone. Guess we should be thankful they're even considering carrying it...
    Verizon has many corporate/enterprise accounts for large businesses that want this device to replace the Bold 9930s. For that simple reason, they should run and not walk. My company will be replacing about 10,000 iPhones with the Classic, once Verizon launches it.

Posted via "Link" the Q10
    01-19-15 12:16 PM
    Verizon has many corporate/enterprise accounts for large businesses that want this device to replace the Bold 9930s. For that simple reason, they should run and not walk. My company will be replacing about 10,000 iPhones with the Classic, once Verizon launches it.

This above is why the classic is going to be the best selling BB10 on Verizon and it would not surprise me that it out sell the Z10, Q10, and Z30 combine. I think the one possible reason for the delay is Verizon more than likely wants to ensure that they have both versions of the classic in stock (camera and non-camera - black/white). As it stands right now only Verizon is going to have a non-camera classic option. I wonder if Verizon is purchasing blackberrys direct or using a 3rd party go between, like they did with previous with blackberry 10 devices.
    01-19-15 05:51 PM
    It seems more like Verizon and AT&T are just hoping they can kill-off Blackberry with the enterprise users and simply support Apple and Samsung. From reading these boards it seems like there are tons of enterprise users waiting to replace fleets of 9900's, one would think if this message was really reaching Verizon they would be all over the Classic and Passport, or even the entire Blackberry line with 10.3.1 level OS, now that it is really a highly usable OS with minimal bugs and short comings.

It is extremely disappointing to see the US carriers shun Blackberry. Is there any real logical reason? It has to be tied to incentives or sales deals as there seems to be no other reason why they would continue to support all kinds of junk Android models and not provide users with access to what seems like a desired solution. I can see why the big US carriers dissed Hines based upon the crap that was 10.1 but at this point the OS seems pretty solid, the few issues that do exist seem like they could be ironed out quickly with the carriers support.

Is it Chen who won't play ball? or did Basilly blow the relationship so badly in the OS7 days? Or was it Hines and the initial instability of OS10 such a screw up that they lost all credibility for the following years? I wish they would just go ahead and offer us the devices we want.

Early 2015 can't come fast enough!
    dmsbang likes this.
    01-19-15 06:13 PM
    So in my post above, I mentioned my company will be replacing 10,000 iPhones (not Bold 9930s) with the new BlackBerry Classic. That's 10,000 new BlackBerry users on the way. And we're not the only company heading in this direction. It's clear that BlackBerry is pushing mainly toward the corporate sector with their high end security and physical keyboard devices. I wouldn't be surprised that US carriers charge even more premium prices for new BlackBerry phones to the consumers who are not enterprise.

Last edited by dmsbang; 01-19-15 at 07:33 PM.
    anon(19759) likes this.
    01-19-15 06:30 PM
    .....I wouldn't be surprised that US carriers charge even more premium prices for new BlackBerry phones to the consumers who are not enterprise.

I think there is a fair number of us non-enterprise consumers who really don't give a damn what they charge, we're sick of iphones and androids and are ready to move to BB Classic. I just want Verizon to finish getting their ducks in a row (or get off their a$$) and being the phone to market.
    dispatcher0531 likes this.
    01-19-15 06:49 PM
    I think there is a fair number of us non-enterprise consumers who really don't give a damn what they charge, we're sick of iphones and androids and are ready to move to BB Classic. I just want Verizon to finish getting their ducks in a row (or get off their a$$) and being the phone to market.
    Verizon makes billions in androids and iphones. Believe me the classic is not on their priority list, nor it should be. For every classic they are selling to Corp America they are likely selling 80 iphones to both Corp and private.

I want a Vz classic too, but I've never sold millions of phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:43 PM
    Corporations are already beginning to move away from iPhone and Android devices. They want BlackBerry...again!

If Verizon wants to keep their corporate accounts, they are going to heavily feature the Classic with and without camera. They've had the Bold 9930 variants for sale since 2011...and those are still for sale on their site. Corporations are still needing/wanting them. VZW is moving slow because corporations move slow to upgrade their tech...

And guess what, time for an upgrade to the Classic.

Avenzuno likes this.
    01-19-15 09:38 PM
    Verizon is always slow with anything from BB, not so with the i-phone releases, but can't blame all on Verizon
    Blackberry is the worse at marketing their products...like the terrible job they did on the Passport, giving it to ATT and then ATT didn't even have them on their website???? **** poor!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-22-15 09:39 AM
    I mentioned this in a different thread, but I'll drop it here. Yesterday, I went into a Verizon store and was told they would be getting the classic at the end on this month (so next week). I also read online someone was told February 5th. I don't necessarily believe either of them, but I do think it will be sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    dispatcher0531 likes this.
    01-23-15 02:56 PM
    ^ I never believe anything I hear from the store but it sure gives me hope.
    01-24-15 12:48 PM
    In the past, when did verizon make the announcement? A week before? A month? Does anyone know how if was for the Q10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-25-15 01:32 AM
    In the past, when did verizon make the announcement? A week before? A month? Does anyone know how if was for the Q10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A very long time after. Months always. This is never new. But realistically it's this way with most us carriers since they all insist on having their own models

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 06:58 AM
    There are many reasons for delay, demand etc. But a lot of it comes down to carrier testing and in the US the burden of support of the PHONE and its FUNCTION on the network is upon the carrier rather than in Euro the support is more on the phone manufacturer than the carrier... its like if we expected our internet company to be our computer tech.

Most other phones do a US release first as its the longest process then euro, BlackBerry does it backwards because just selling GSM unlocked phones is quite easy, and that's the phone most carriers just resell.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 07:25 AM
    Do we know if Verizon's Classic's is going to be made by Foxconn or is blackberry going to making them at the same plant in Mexico that Passport and the previous blackberry 10 devices were made at? The reason I bring this up is because maybe the Feds are making the requirement that they must be made outside of china and Verizon might of requested blackberry to make all of their Classics in Mexico given they have a lot of federal customers that will be upgrading to the classic from the 9930. I remember a couple of months back there was a story of the Feds suing Samsung for lying to them about were the Samsung phones was made that were slate for the us government use.
    01-25-15 07:54 AM
    Isn't this a CDMA issue and not a carrier issue? What's the Sprint release date?
    01-25-15 10:38 AM
    Isn't this a CDMA issue and not a carrier issue? What's the Sprint release date?
    There is no sprint release date. Or announcement.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 11:55 AM
    The only "CDMA" issue is that usually a separate variant with cmda radios passes by the fcc.

The rest is carrier policys- our verizon devices "can" work on sprint and vice versa- hell that's where we all "roam" to- its just each carrier has a list of ESNs that are approved and they won't activate anything outside that list.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:19 PM
    I love the Beast Z30 but at times I miss my keyboard on my Q10 & 9930. The Q10 was a ok phone nothing to write home about so it sits in its cradle with the charging plug into it and it wont keep bedside on forever, my 9930 is on my safe and I use it for a clock and still works on my wifi if I want to play with it, lol my Q10 still works on my wifi also.

So the classic might be on the radar at some point unless
    01-26-15 01:19 PM
173 12345 ...