12-26-14 02:04 PM
134 1234 ...
tools
    The people who care about this phone, is not everyone. One big takeaway is how quick they are to gloss over just how good it is at what it's intended for. Working / typing / on the go.

Some people will care about that.
    I think this is a large part of the problem. BlackBerry is a working man's phone trying to survive in a culture of entitlement. "Nevermind functionality or form factor, let's talk about specs"!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 01:13 PM
    Who gives a **** what a bunch of skinny jean wearing hipsters who don't know **** about the business world thinks about BlackBerry. The verge is more or less disliked by most non apple fanboys, and even then I don't think some hippie m/f-er thinks what's best for me, the consumer. BlackBerry is symbolic, productive, and I don't need a tablet on my front pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock, Jahcure, alan510 and 1 others like this.
    12-23-14 01:42 PM
    The Verge is an extension of Apple. When Apple did it's resent launch of its new phones they first put up a slide of "The Verge", no more comments needed.
    12-23-14 01:52 PM
    When it comes to verge reviews it goes like this,

Iphone: Always perfect no matter what

Android: Good, but its no iphone

Windows: Nice try, but they will find a way to make fun of MS

BlackBerry: Trash, with the reviewer trying his best one liners like he's auditioning for snl

Posted via CB10
    Comments on this site:

Blackberry: Always perfect no matter what

Iphone: For kids

Windows: Not considered

Android: Full of malware..but it is fine to use their apps
    12-23-14 02:15 PM
    Who gives a **** what a bunch of skinny jean wearing hipsters who don't know **** about the business world thinks about BlackBerry. The verge is more or less disliked by most non apple fanboys, and even then I don't think some hippie m/f-er thinks what's best for me, the consumer. BlackBerry is symbolic, productive, and I don't need a tablet on my front pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Strange..the business world as you called it has dumped Blackberry phones over 5 years ago and never looked back..take sales numbers as proof
    12-23-14 02:18 PM
    Comments on this site:

Android apps are well contained in BB10 protecting the core OS.About everything else you are on a BlackBerry fan site. If that annoys you leave...

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep, Larzm and Barbareren like this.
    12-23-14 02:33 PM
    Strange..the business world as you called it has dumped Blackberry phones over 5 years ago and never looked back..take sales numbers as proof
    Not all businesses. And sales numbers isn't something I look at when I buy a smartphone... how's that epeen of yours?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 02:36 PM
    Mildly curious, but I won't give them the hits they're fishing for. Verge are water carriers for Apple, and their articles are all written at a 4th grade reading level.

From a Z30
    Barbareren and BEEBEEBEEBEE like this.
    12-23-14 02:40 PM
    The truth of the matter is, you take away my Blackberry, my life is still great with my 6. You take away my 6 and life is a little less convenient with the Blackberry (i.e. apps). Both text. Both email. Both travel easily with me.

Mobile devices is the ultimate illustration of compromise. So all this energy pointed at a reviewer who seemingly doesn't understand your use case, just get over it and move on. Enjoy your preferences.
    12-23-14 02:48 PM
    The truth of the matter is, you take away my Blackberry, my life is still great with my 6. You take away my 6 and life is a little less convenient with the Blackberry (i.e. apps). Both text. Both email. Both travel easily with me.

Mobile devices is the ultimate illustration of compromise. So all this energy pointed at a reviewer who seemingly doesn't understand your use case, just get over it and move on. Enjoy your preferences.
    Drop the mike. Well said.
    12-23-14 03:08 PM
    Two things.... Look at the source ( The Verge )..... all reviews are personal opinion... hence you get what you consider a " fair or biased review ) ... in essence they are all bias to some degree or another.,. if you love BB you will gravitate to what works for you and tend to gloss over what some view as shortcomings... if you are anti-BB you will highlight all that you think does not work and gloss over what works well.... this is why I do not pay attention to reviews... I would rather go out and get hands on a device and find out for myself.....
    12-23-14 03:15 PM

Highly exaggerated If this is comparing bb10 devices to iPhone 6.(regarding apps)

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:16 PM
    Comments on this site:

Crackberry is a fan site though so it isn't the same. You'll find the same behavior at iMore and AC but they too are fan sites. The Verge presents itself as a tech site/blog which I think makes people expect less bias from them.
    12-23-14 03:42 PM
    Miss you guys.
    12-23-14 04:02 PM
    Think folks here are missing a key part of the Classic review: Dieter explicitly states that BlackBerry fans will love it, but no one else will... and here you are, die-hard BlackBerry fans trashing the review because it doesn't present things solely from your perspective.

Sorry, but general tech sites have to cater to everyone, not just the faithful. Are you really going to tell Jane and Joe Public to ditch their iPhones and Galaxy Ses for something that probably won't have the apps, camera quality or screen they want? I'm not sure if I'd give the device a 5 (it's better than that, from the looks of it), but Dieter wouldn't be doing his job if he excused all the faults in a product simply because its fans are willing to overlook them.
    Akuji_ism, MarsupilamiX and niss63 like this.
    12-23-14 04:55 PM
    Don't have a lot of time to write a post. All I'll say is junk review
    12-23-14 05:03 PM
    I know some persons are trying real hard to say that the Verge is being fair and balanced in their review... yeah I know, we have to pretend as if we are the 'level-headed' ones. But the funny thing about this site The Verge it was just yesterday they were mocking Drake's love for the BlackBerry Classic...funny how that is....
    Drake owns the BlackBerry Classic. BlackBerry's comeback is complete | The Verge
    sk8er_tor, Jahcure and Vintage123 like this.
    12-23-14 05:07 PM
    So tired of ppl referring to non blackberry users as kids and ppl who don't do "work". I could name at least a dozen doctors who use non blackberry phones and manage to get their work done efficiently
    MarsupilamiX and ponpiri like this.
    12-23-14 05:09 PM
    Miss you guys.
    sharp wit there Mr. Bohn....James Bond? No
    12-23-14 05:09 PM
    BlackBerry seems to think this is a review worth sharing on Facebook. Why the heck would they share a review that says don't buy the phone?

Verge Review of Classic-img_20141223_180733.png
    Barbareren likes this.
    12-23-14 05:13 PM
    BlackBerry seems to think this is a review worth sharing on Facebook. Why the heck would they share a review that says don't buy the phone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141223_180733.png 
Views:	597 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	322661
    That's awful. Perhaps they should have considered today's review from the WSJ stating it's the best BlackBerry ever made. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:15 PM
    That's awful. Perhaps they should have considered today's review from the WSJ stating it's the best BlackBerry ever made. Just a thought.
    Don't think you read the entire review (which is understandable, since it's behind a paywall unless you search Google for the headline). The WSJ says a lot of what Dieter did, just with nicer words. A snippet:

"I believe the Classic is the best BlackBerry ever made. It lives up to every bit of the BlackBerry’s original purpose. This is the best phone to get if you need a real physical keyboard to plow through emails, manage your calendar, browse the Web…and not much else.

"When you use it, you will feel like no time has passed at all. And that is, of course, its biggest shortcoming."

I don't think BlackBerry was wrong to cite The Verge's review, since it gets the gist of what the WSJ says. The Classic is an awesome phone if you're a BlackBerry (or QWERTY keyboard) loyalist, but most people aren't loyalists.
    12-23-14 05:23 PM
    Think folks here are missing a key part of the Classic review: Dieter explicitly states that BlackBerry fans will love it, but no one else will... and here you are, die-hard BlackBerry fans trashing the review because it doesn't present things solely from your perspective.

Sorry, but general tech sites have to cater to everyone, not just the faithful. Are you really going to tell Jane and Joe Public to ditch their iPhones and Galaxy Ses for something that probably won't have the apps, camera quality or screen they want? I'm not sure if I'd give the device a 5 (it's better than that, from the looks of it), but Dieter wouldn't be doing his job if he excused all the faults in a product simply because its fans are willing to overlook them.
    Maybe because the review was unfair? No mention of Blend, he says the camera sucks just because he tried taking a close up of a cat that moved on him (show me any camera that won't give a blurry result in this case), and rates the BB10 software a 5, lower than anything else they've rated without really saying why. Not only this, but he comes out and says "don't buy this phone" without understanding who the phone is really for; legacy diehards upgrading from BBOS. It was a review from someone who doesn't know how to use BB10.

Don't think you read the entire review (which is understandable, since it's behind a paywall unless you search Google for the headline). The WSJ says a lot of what Dieter did, just with nicer words. A snippet:

"I believe the Classic is the best BlackBerry ever made. It lives up to every bit of the BlackBerrys original purpose. This is the best phone to get if you need a real physical keyboard to plow through emails, manage your calendar, browse the Weband not much else.

"When you use it, you will feel like no time has passed at all. And that is, of course, its biggest shortcoming."

I don't think BlackBerry was wrong to cite The Verge's review, since it gets the gist of what the WSJ says. The Classic is an awesome phone if you're a BlackBerry (or QWERTY keyboard) loyalist, but most people aren't loyalists.
    How can you even agree with that? Really, nothing else changed? The camera is not better? The OS is not faster? Did we not get features that were never on legacy BBOS such as Miracast, HDMI, Blend, a front facing camera/video chat, EAS support, remote file access, a file manager that's integrated with Box/Dropbox/OneDrive, not to mention Android support so people can finally have apps like Instagram.
    Barbareren likes this.
    12-23-14 05:26 PM
    They did in a separate post.
    12-23-14 05:27 PM

"I believe the Classic is the best BlackBerry ever made. It lives up to every bit of the BlackBerrys original purpose. This is the best phone to get if you need a real physical keyboard to plow through emails, manage your calendar, browse the Weband not much else.

You're right. The headline was a bit misleading. There are other reviews far more flattering to be found if BlackBerry wants to link an article. A rating of 5 out of 10 surely isn't a raving endorsement.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:28 PM
134 1234 ...