Sorry about this vent post, but here it goes. I saved up and bought my Classic after having the Q10 and loving it. I LOVE my Classic and BlackBerry 10.
    My issue is, after paying outright for my phone and loving it and REALLY depending on it would, as I understand it, BlackBerry throw EVERYthing into android now. I feel ditched, like when my boyfriend dumped me when I was back in college!
    Why can't they just maintain what they gave us. I depend on FB for work. It was integrated into my BB's. Now, the app is done. I know I can use it thru the internet, but it's not the same.
    How can I say my BlackBerry is a "workhorse" when it's not in today's work environment.
    I guess I can't understand a company turning completely away from BB10, still sell them knowing their not being updated and losing important apps.
    Anyways. I'm done! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 03:27 PM
    Yes, I saw my spelling error! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 03:29 PM
    Maybe try Face10 - it's a pretty good FB replacement.
    05-09-16 03:32 PM
    I would never dump you

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    PantherBlitz and Mic2cool7 like this.
    05-09-16 03:34 PM
    BB doesn't have any pull with FB on getting continued access to their API thus why the old app will soon no longer work (still works as of today). FB revenue model is based on large amounts of eyeballs which BB cannot provide.

To further your analogy. FB found that BB10 can no longer have children and that wasn't part of the 'plan' . They decided to adopt instead (Android).
    05-09-16 03:38 PM
    I purchased it and have it installed and it is pretty good. It's just I have a very nice, smart phone and I have to download a 3rd party app. Sigh...

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 03:47 PM
    HAAA! Thank you for that!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 03:48 PM
    And thank you rebroker for not dumping me. It did make me laugh!
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    05-09-16 03:50 PM
    Nah, a better analogy would be that your boyfriend (BlackBerry) didn't dump you, he never put enough energy in the relationship... you thought it was a forever love, so he did, but he couldn't live up to the expectation... sadly for you, he had a lover (Facebook) who decided to leave him when she saw that he wasn't popular enough (kind of superficial from her but what can you expect from an affair) and he is all messed up... now your former boyfriend wants to get back together but he knows that the relationship never will be the same (Android)... that's why he is buying you jewelry (the apps from the Google Play Store) to see if you forgive but he knows that you will never forget...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-16 04:04 PM
    Sorry about this vent post, but here it goes. I saved up and bought my Classic after having the Q10 and loving it. I LOVE my Classic and BlackBerry 10.
    My issue is, after paying outright for my phone and loving it and REALLY depending on it would, as I understand it, BlackBerry throw EVERYthing into android now. I feel ditched, like when my boyfriend dumped me when I was back in college!
    Why can't they just maintain what they gave us. I depend on FB for work. It was integrated into my BB's. Now, the app is done. I know I can use it thru the internet, but it's not the same.
    How can I say my BlackBerry is a "workhorse" when it's not in today's work environment.
    I guess I can't understand a company turning completely away from BB10, still sell them knowing their not being updated and losing important apps.
    Anyways. I'm done! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Facebook isn't BB's fault. By having things integrated into the hub, Facebook can't force you to go to the full site or the app for advertising and data mining reasons, so they didn't build an app for BB10, and now they are disallowing BB from using their API which forced them to do away with the FB app. You'd want BB to risk a lawsuit??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-09-16 04:50 PM
    Maybe try Face10 - it's a pretty good FB replacement.
    No it's not. Everytime you restart the phone the headless stops working and you'll have to uninstall and reinstall it. At least it does that for me. I just use the Android version, it still throws notifications to my hub, so it's fine.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-09-16 04:51 PM
    Gallopiton. Ha-larious! You should be like a romance\techy writer! Lol. Thank you for that tho.
    I do understand now the how's now, but it still breaks my heart. To know I'm going to have to "cheat" and go android. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 05:50 PM
    hahaha i don't know if that was a compliment though hahaha...

but you are not cheating on BB... it's more like before, the relationship was very intense, love-at-first-sight kind of love, couldn't take your hand off him (BB10)... he knew what you needed with just looking at you... now, after the break-up, the new relationship he wants to have with you is not passionate anymore (Android), or at least not for now... you want the old passion back, but it's dying and both know it...

as a personal note, i have had BB for years... i think BB10 is a very nice OS but let's be honest, with some limitations (like any OS)... I used to have a Z30, very nice phone but i needed a physical KB... went to the Passport, the best device ever... but the lack of apps, and support was/is every day more difficult to over see... now, i am in my second week with a Priv and it's not as terrible as i thought it would be... every day i am learning how to do stuff the android-way... a couple of days ago i needed to use my passport to get something from it and damn, that Kb is glorious... but the Priv's one is not actually terrible, just cramped in comparison

Gallopiton. Ha-larious! You should be like a romance\techy writer! Lol. Thank you for that tho.
    I do understand now the how's now, but it still breaks my heart. To know I'm going to have to "cheat" and go android. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 06:24 PM