This has now happened twice in 2 days - suddenly whenever I type a "v" in an e-mail, the phone inserts whatever was on the clipboard (i.e. paste la Windows Ctrl+V).

I've no idea what's causing this - or, more importantly, how to stop it doing this?

Can anybody by any chance help - pretty please?

Thanks very much - I'm at my wits' end...
    02-27-15 02:10 PM
    I've had this happen too. No idea what caused it but somehow it eventually stopped pasting. Scoured the keyboard shortcuts lists but found nothing yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 02:23 AM
    Thanks for your reply. Very glad at least that this isn't just me being bonkers (well, I think I am...) - not that that really helps you or me of course!

Yes, it does seem to go away sooner or later.

Sounds like a definite bug then.
    02-28-15 02:29 AM
    Don't think it's a bug. When you look at the contextual menu, the letter V does appear next to paste, as do other letters next to other buttons. I think it's more likely it's a feature that is not well explained and is being inadvertently triggered.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 03:02 AM
    Don't think it's a bug. When you look at the contextual menu, the letter V does appear next to paste, as do other letters next to other buttons. I think it's more likely it's a feature that is not well explained and is being inadvertently triggered.

Posted via CB10
    Whyd they reinvent the wheel
    What was wrong with alt click (trackpad) etc lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-28-15 03:35 AM
    Ah, right - thanks for that. I hadn't thought of that. In that case the question is how to deactivate it - because you'd think it was only to paste something once, wouldn't you. That sounds like a lead you've found - but I suspect it might still be a bug if it's doing it unexpectedly like that, and it's not possible (at least not obvious) how to stop it doing it again and again.

Cheers
    02-28-15 01:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    This most certainly IS a bug.

I just had this, this morning. Copied something last night from one email to a web form, replying to an email this morning. Kept tapping V (not holding v, not holding Alt nor Shift) and it kept pasting the string from last night. I couldn't release it until I selected a blank space and copied that.

However I couldn't consistently reproduce it.
    03-02-15 06:46 AM
    Yup, had this bug several times. Way I get rid of it is to use touch, phone does not like you using the trackpad.
    03-02-15 07:39 AM
    Yup, had this bug several times. Way I get rid of it is to use touch, phone does not like you using the trackpad.
    I think you're right - it's clearly something for BB to sort in a future upgrade. I have the feeling they take notice of this forum?

Given that the recent upgrade addressed some issues nicely (e.g. the speed I am typing this message is now perfect and entirely lag-free!), hopefully we can be reasonably confident they'll sort it!
    03-02-15 01:26 PM
    What is the shortcut to copy and paste anyway? I don't see "ctrl"?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:56 PM
    The last time I experienced the issue I hit the menu key and then the 'v' key to select 'paste'. That seemed to have ended that instance of the issue. Then I tried to replicate the issue and couldn't. So, I'll wait and see if I experience it again. If I do, I'll try the menu --> 'v' thing again.
    05-23-16 09:59 AM
    This seems to be correct - at least, it's worked for me. It doesn't get rid of the bug, but at least it stops it when it strikes!

Thanks for the tip.
    05-31-16 01:06 PM