I went into Telstra when the original passport came out asking them about it. Went something like this.

Me- Hi I'm looking for the BlackBerry Passport

Them- We don't have it. BlackBerry died we don't carry any BlackBerry phones.

Me- I Really? What's this Z30 you have on display?

Them- didn't know we even had that.

Me - It's a good phone you should have it turned on...

Them - nah no one wants BlackBerry there shirt (exact word's)

Me- BlackBerry 10 OS is way better than Android imo

He looked over at another employee and laughed and said this guy thinks BlackBerry is better than Android.

I got laughed out of the shop pretty much.

Thanks John Chen for no advertising BlackBerry 10 what so ever. One simple TV ad or bill board something.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    11-24-15 05:32 AM
    I went into Telstra when the original passport came out asking them about it. Went something like this.

Me- Hi I'm looking for the BlackBerry Passport

Them- We don't have it. BlackBerry died we don't carry any BlackBerry phones.

Me- I Really? What's this Z30 you have on display?

Them- didn't know we even had that.

Me - It's a good phone you should have it turned on...

Them - nah no one wants BlackBerry there shirt (exact word's)

Me- BlackBerry 10 OS is way better than Android imo

He looked over at another employee and laughed and said this guy thinks BlackBerry is better than Android.

I got laughed out of the shop pretty much.

Thanks John Chen for no advertising BlackBerry 10 what so ever. One simple TV ad or bill board something.

Posted via CB10
    Good question, where IS BBRY's advertising? I don't blame them for axing heads after that infamous add, few yrs ago... BUT axed heads need to be replaced! Lol. Has ANYone seen ANY marketing activity since?

"... When times are bad, ...". You probably know the rest. ANY successful business person knows the rest. Does Chen? ANYone at BB?

I won't call BB THE most market deaf organization in history, but they're not far enough down that list, IMO.
    11-24-15 09:41 AM
    I don't get it, they're just phones. Do people really have nothing better to do?
    When your at a company that's job is to sell phones, no they don't.

Most of these people are sales driven. And sales usually don't pay commission until a device has been with a user for X amount of time.

So every phone returned means they wasted time setting the phone up. Wasted time sending it away for repacking. And lost a sale for commission. Expand that out and if the phones 'usually' getting returned are the BlackBerry ones - that they had to spend time learning to use to setup users. Then a few returns a week quickly become a hot topic of hatred for them. It's a barrier to their commission and time.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    idssteve likes this.
    11-24-15 09:55 AM
    When your at a company that's job is to sell phones, no they don't.

Most of these people are sales driven. And sales usually don't pay commission until a device has been with a user for X amount of time.

So every phone returned means they wasted time setting the phone up. Wasted time sending it away for repacking. And lost a sale for commission. Expand that out and if the phones 'usually' getting returned are the BlackBerry ones - that they had to spend time learning to use to setup users. Then a few returns a week quickly become a hot topic of hatred for them. It's a barrier to their commission and time.

Any public place to see stats on returns? Even better yet, hardware? Software? Learning curve??

My earliest exposure to this "hatred" was just after the Storm. Heard about that one several years later. Must be SOME way to win back sales staff. ?? Hard to see BB ever growing a consumer market without carrier sales staff tolerance.
    11-24-15 10:24 AM
    Any public place to see stats on returns? Even better yet, hardware? Software? Learning curve??

My earliest exposure to this "hatred" was just after the Storm. Heard about that one several years later. Must be SOME way to win back sales staff. ?? Hard to see BB ever growing a consumer market without carrier sales staff tolerance.
    Unfortunately not, it's internally hosted by BlackBerry. I imagine the returns aren't that high and mostly due to missing apps. But from a sales perspective, it just has to be returned a bit more than other platforms before they will switch gears and say it's evil.

They could work with the staff, incentive programs etc. But the real challenge is Chen has closed a lot of that off. His skillset is technical solutions and the problems facing BlackBerry have always been business ones.

11-24-15 01:49 PM
    The guys at the AT&T stores seem to be pretty neutral most of the time, but the most recently when I went in to get the Passport (to sell, lol) the guy seemed really happy to show me the capacitive touch keyboard and other things about it. So apparently he must not have experienced more returns for BB phones...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-25-15 07:45 AM
    The guys at the AT&T stores seem to be pretty neutral most of the time, but the most recently when I went in to get the Passport (to sell, lol) the guy seemed really happy to show me the capacitive touch keyboard and other things about it. So apparently he must not have experienced more returns for BB phones...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    That's a good point, it's likely to depend a lot on the phone model and the vendor as well . Some people aren't as money obsessed too

11-25-15 09:33 AM
    Slag might be on to something. My limited experiences with ATT have been relatively BB friendly.

VZW is majority of my experience. My natural demeanor generally radiates intolerance of disrespectful attitudes (courtesy USMC ) but I rarely leave a VZW store without pondering how VZW management could tolerate such attitudes toward products on their own shelves.

Maybe some android devices will start winning some acceptance? BB's droid venture had BETTER be right out of the gate!! No room for correcting "half bake" at this point.
    11-25-15 09:42 AM
    You are absolutely correct. They are just phones. Here's the problem.

While some can view an object as a tool or device. Some others are very passionate about a company's product. The type of car you own or instrument you play or even the type of computer you used can evoke feelings of pride and joy. When a sales person interjects their own opinion unsolicited. They step on the proverbial toes of a consumer. What might be silly or irrelevant to some, may deeply upset another.

When I sell things to people. I ask them, what are your needs? Or what is your intended purpose. If it's a product I don't care for. I keep the opinion to myself. I show them the features and benefits of the product. I show them best, better, best. Then I help them make an informed decision. That simple.

Posted via CB10
    Bang on, whether the sales reps like BlackBerry or not, it doesn't change the fact that they should be educated on the product they're selling, and know that the system is for some, if not others.

I personally can't stand iOS or Android, but if someone came into my store wanting something simple and with good app access, I'd sell them iPhone, if they wanted something with a lot of freedom, then I'd steer them to a Droid. But if they wanted to be able to type millions of emails a day and communicate constantly, juggling work, play and everything else in between, with not much regard for the Facebook and the Snapchat, I'd sell them a BlackBerry with a GD pkb!

Really kind of obvious.

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-25-15 10:33 AM
34 12