I went round five different high street phone shops this morning enquiring about Blackberry & the Priv. All of them were outright hostile about the subject, as if Blackberry had personally killed their families.

They told me they had absolutely shocking build quality, made terrible, terrible phones, had never heard of the Priv and what the hell did I want one of those stupid Blackberries for anyway? BBM was the only good thing they had & you get that on any other phone now, "You want a Samsung, mate".

It was proper vitriol. I've never heard any manufacturer get such a roasting. I can understand X-box users complaining when their machines got the red ring of death, scratched their discs etc. But people who've never actually used a Blackberry ripping it apart in front of me and other customers.

Posted via CB10
    dugstr likes this.
    11-11-15 05:19 AM
    11-11-15 06:40 AM
    It's so true and sad...but you have to wonder about the incredible brand damage that Blackberry itself caused to get to this point.
    11-11-15 06:57 AM
    I can understand it tbh. I have a friend that works in Vodafone and he told me that they got most of the z10's and I'm sure he said q10's back due to faults. Something like 40%.
    My own experience I had to send my z10 back within first week as headphone socket didn't work. Within a year of ownership I had to send my z10 back four times! So that meant 5 different z10's. I then moved on to my z30 and tbh that was simply blissful and I have nothing bad to say about it. It rejuvenated my love for BlackBerry and made me won't the PP SE.
    Within the first week of PP ownership I had to send it back as it was overheating in the top corner, restarted itself and couldn't keep a bluetooth connection. So I am now on my second PP SE. So far it's excelent but I can understand where the hate comes from when talking to shop staff. I mean would you be happy to sell a device to someone that you knew there was gonna be a high chance of them coming back pissed off because their phone doesn't work.
    I really do love BlackBerry 10 and I'm also more stubborn than most people

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-11-15 07:15 AM
    I don't get it, they're just phones. Do people really have nothing better to do?
    11-11-15 07:37 AM
    I went round five different high street phone shops this morning enquiring about Blackberry & the Priv. All of them were outright hostile about the subject, as if Blackberry had personally killed their families.

They told me they had absolutely shocking build quality, made terrible, terrible phones, had never heard of the Priv and what the hell did I want one of those stupid Blackberries for anyway? BBM was the only good thing they had & you get that on any other phone now, "You want a Samsung, mate".

It was proper vitriol. I've never heard any manufacturer get such a roasting. I can understand X-box users complaining when their machines got the red ring of death, scratched their discs etc. But people who've never actually used a Blackberry ripping it apart in front of me and other customers.

Posted via CB10
    It's been like that for a while now unfortunately. I don't even bother with in-store carriers anymore and just order online. The only reason I'd go into a store is to play with the demo IF they have one out and working. Did that with my Q10 and did it with the Classic and will continue to do so for as long as I use a Blackberry or their reputation improves to the point I don't get ridiculed for using a Blackberry and try to sway me into buying an Apple or Samsung device. (Nothing is wrong if you want to buy or use either of those currently obviously. You are free to choose whatever device you want. ) I just don't get the nonsense over what brand of phone someone ELSE is using.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-11-15 09:12 AM
    I don't get it, they're just phones. Do people really have nothing better to do?
    Apparently not. Haha.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-11-15 09:12 AM
    AFAIK, this has been going on for quite a lot of years. I heard about the Storm fiasco from several Verizon stores for YEARS after. Always winds up with the "droid is the future" punchline. The verbiage is SO predictably "droid" like identical... Are these guys all attending the same school?

Not sure what response options a barely breathing BBRY can muster...??? Legal?? Carrier sales force would likely only double down in response. Loyal customers can push back with their pocketbook while providing a free sales force. BUT BB cut off much of their legacy "free sales force" by amputating bbos users like a gangrenous limb. Classic just started healing those wounds & now we're hoping BB10 isn't doomed to legacy status. At least Chen has kept a lid on stupidly premature announcements of obsolescence. RIM never recovered from THAT idiocy...
    11-11-15 10:01 AM
    I can understand it tbh. I have a friend that works in Vodafone and he told me that they got most of the z10's and I'm sure he said q10's back due to faults. Something like 40%.
    My own experience I had to send my z10 back within first week as headphone socket didn't work. Within a year of ownership I had to send my z10 back four times! So that meant 5 different z10's. I then moved on to my z30 and tbh that was simply blissful and I have nothing bad to say about it. It rejuvenated my love for BlackBerry and made me won't the PP SE.
    Within the first week of PP ownership I had to send it back as it was overheating in the top corner, restarted itself and couldn't keep a bluetooth connection. So I am now on my second PP SE. So far it's excelent but I can understand where the hate comes from when talking to shop staff. I mean would you be happy to sell a device to someone that you knew there was gonna be a high chance of them coming back pissed off because their phone doesn't work.
    I really do love BlackBerry 10 and I'm also more stubborn than most people

Posted via CB10
    It's weird, I've had a 9000, 9900, Q10, bought a Z10 for my mother, and now I have a Classic. Haven't had that kind of build quality issue with any of them. Must be something in the air where we are or something..

Edit: Oh, also a Passport that I used my upgrade for and sold to someone here on CB, no complaints on that either...

Edit 2: And my gf has a really old Curve that she's used, abused, and dropped so many times two of the keys has popped out, yet everything still works fine on it too...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-11-15 10:29 AM
    It's weird, I've had a 9000, 9900, Q10, bought a Z10 for my mother, and now I have a Classic. Haven't had that kind of build quality issue with any of them. Must be something in the air where we are or something..

Edit: Oh, also a Passport that I used my upgrade for and sold to someone here on CB, no complaints on that either...

Edit 2: And my gf has a really old Curve that she's used, abused, and dropped so many times two of the keys has popped out, yet everything still works fine on it too...

Hardware reliability has never been a significant issue for me. Nor for a LOT of very abused devices in my company. Our 9900's HEAVILY used keyboards wear out but we don't blame them. Our nine month old Classics' keyboard still going strong.

Our greatest complaint has been with software. Even that eventually settles down with updates. Storm's biggest problem was half baked premature intro. BB's carrier hatred started, and grew from, there. IMO. Priv had better be good first time out. BBDroid won't get a second pass with droid brained carriers.
    11-11-15 10:58 AM
    You are absolutely correct. They are just phones. Here's the problem.

While some can view an object as a tool or device. Some others are very passionate about a company's product. The type of car you own or instrument you play or even the type of computer you used can evoke feelings of pride and joy. When a sales person interjects their own opinion unsolicited. They step on the proverbial toes of a consumer. What might be silly or irrelevant to some, may deeply upset another.

When I sell things to people. I ask them, what are your needs? Or what is your intended purpose. If it's a product I don't care for. I keep the opinion to myself. I show them the features and benefits of the product. I show them best, better, best. Then I help them make an informed decision. That simple.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:58 PM
    You are absolutely correct. They are just phones. Here's the problem.

While some can view an object as a tool or device. Some others are very passionate about a company's product. The type of car you own or instrument you play or even the type of computer you used can evoke feelings of pride and joy. When a sales person interjects their own opinion unsolicited. They step on the proverbial toes of a consumer. What might be silly or irrelevant to some, may deeply upset another.

When I sell things to people. I ask them, what are your needs? Or what is your intended purpose. If it's a product I don't care for. I keep the opinion to myself. I show them the features and benefits of the product. I show them best, better, best. Then I help them make an informed decision. That simple.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah ... sounds familiar .... bbos vs bb10, bb10 vs priv, bb10 bs ios, bb10vs android, android vs ios, etc etc etc ... that not good, this is good, buy this, don't buy that crap, etc etc etc ...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 02:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Too many "know it all know nothings" are too ignorant to know what they don't know. They'll inevitably assume folks they can't understand are "stupid" because THEY are too ignorant to understand those folks. Never seeming to grasp that THEIR inability to understand me doesn't necessarily reflect on MY relative cognizant capacity... Lol.
    11-11-15 02:09 PM
    Too many "know it all know nothings" are too ignorant to know what they don't know. They'll inevitably assume folks they can't understand are "stupid" because THEY are too ignorant to understand those folks. Never seeming to grasp that THEIR inability to understand me doesn't necessarily reflect on MY relative cognizant capacity... Lol.
    Was OP's experience UK? Sorry, but there is a "fool disease"" over there.
    11-11-15 09:28 PM
    Was OP's experience UK? Sorry, but there is a "fool disease"" over there.
    Yes, I was in the very centre of Cambridge, in their very fancy Grand Arcade which has an Apple store a few doors down amongst all the fashion shops. That's what bugged me a little I suppose; I was expecting perhaps reserved comments, but one of the guys in particular was gunning for outright insulting me. Like I was an absolute ***** for even bringing up Blackberry.
    11-12-15 10:36 AM
    Yes, I was in the very centre of Cambridge, in their very fancy Grand Arcade which has an Apple store a few doors down amongst all the fashion shops. That's what bugged me a little I suppose; I was expecting perhaps reserved comments, but one of the guys in particular was gunning for outright insulting me. Like I was an absolute ***** for even bringing up Blackberry.
    Well, you do only have one brain cell... lol :-P

11-12-15 02:23 PM
    Ya and not to far from Waterloo where once and still Rim people did a lot of shopping at that mall and at the same wireless stores there however I would just go in to take a quick look and Not talk to Brainless sales and if I really want to buy (unlocked) Although that Apple store sure is busy .
    11-12-15 03:09 PM
    BlackBerry should open their own retail shops...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 05:50 PM
    BlackBerry should open their own retail shops...

Posted via CB10
    To sell what? Software?

Nothing like my SE.
    11-15-15 10:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    But this is the Classic forum. What does this have to do with the Classic? Should be in the Priv forum.
    11-16-15 10:50 PM
    Yeah my local pawn shop has a sign saying no blackberry phones will be bought.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 12:18 AM
    It's strange how personal phones seem to get but okay...
    Although, I must say that I haven't ever experienced such a reaction. I rarely ever visit carrier stores since I buy almost all of my phones online but in the few cases I did, people always were happy to help with BB10 and I couldn't notice any negativity. So this may really come down to individual stores and locations.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 11:28 AM
    This happened to me twice in the States at two different Verizon stores. Went in to upgrade my Q10 and get a Z10 and both times the sales staff lambasted me and then said they couldn't help me. And I knew Verizon offered the Z10.

The second store the sales person told me that if I insisted on getting that "bad phone" I would have to go home and order it online. Which is exactly what I ended up doing.

It's all uneducated bias. Z10 is phenomenal. Got rid of an iPhone 4 to get the Q10 and wasn't sorry. Next stop Z30.

Posted via Z10
    11-20-15 08:47 PM
    Went by two different phone shops today (carphone warehouse and curry) to try and get my hands on a Priv, see what the feel of the phone is. The answer in both shops was the same: "we don't carry blackberries. Not since the curve." I was like wow.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 06:19 PM
    These people should be cleaning up self service car washes instead of helping the general public.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    11-21-15 09:04 PM
34 12