Will Blackberry OS (10.3) on a Blackberry Classic function/work in anyway with Android Auto?

How is everyone's experience linking it with your vehicle's bluetooth? Limitations? Positive stories?

Talk to me fellow Crackberry Heads!!!
    03-06-20 11:52 AM
    A lot depends on the Car....

Usually, but not always you'll get the basics... music, phone, contacts, SMS.

But no, doesn't do advance features or work with Android Auto.
    03-06-20 02:19 PM
    You wont get android auto. You dont have an android phone....
    03-06-20 02:36 PM
    Mine shows the car manufacturer and a steering wheel on the lock screen (Volvo XC60 and Honda CRV). Bluetooth music, calls, texts, contacts work well. If you connect to the car's USB and have music on your SD card the car can play that too. Most phones won't do that.
    zzboy likes this.
    03-06-20 02:57 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Classic that I use extensively to listen to Podcasts in my Volvo on the way to work. I also am able to use hands free voice dialing through the car stereo.

I have a 1996 Volvo 850 which did not come equipped with Bluetooth, so I added a Grom Audio BT-3 car kit (https://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adap...interface.html). It has the Bluetooth audio and an external Microphone that allows for hands-free use in the car using the stereo.

Due to the vintage of the factory stereo in my car, features are limited to streaming audio, using the radio buttons to activate voice dialing, answer and hang up calls. Grom indicates newer car stereo systems support additional features.

Overall, I am very well pleased with how nicely it works. I only regret not getting it sooner as it is nice having the ability to listen to Podcasts while driving to work (BTW, bPod would be a good native app as it has a UI specifically for use while in the car). I bought the external audio kit so I could listen to HD radio to pick up additional radio stations. The Grom unit seamlessly switches to Bluetooth when I either have an incoming call or I start playing a podcast. No need to fiddle with buttons to make it work.

BTW, I bought the same kit for our 2008 Honda Odyssey, which supports additional features. I haven't had time and good weather to get installed yet, but will try to update with any new findings.

Go to www.gromaudio.com and check out their devices. I chose to forgo the android / iPhone versions for the universal Bluetooth integration. They have a youtube channel where you can see it in action.

Anders

Posted via CB10
    03-06-20 11:46 PM
    usually just use it with youtube and podcasts and Blackberry Maps, Bluetooth works fine.
    03-07-20 09:29 PM
    Bluetooth works fine in Ford and Nissan and through the communicators on my motorcycle, however, I typically only use my BlackBerry as a music player connected via an audio cable into the car stereo auxiliary jack.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    03-10-20 09:08 PM
    I don't use android auto on my 2018 Honda CR-V with my passport. I use a simple Bluetooth connection. The passport streams music, I can send/receive calls hands free, and send/receive texts and emails. So set your car up with your phone with a Bluetooth connection and 9/10 times you'll be fine. The only time I ever use a cable with my phone is to charge it in the car.
    03-16-20 10:45 AM
    I don't use android auto on my 2018 Honda CR-V with my passport.
    Because you can't.
    03-16-20 11:47 AM
    I have a Blackberry Classic. I have successfully connected it with Jaguar and RAM truck (UConnect). All features appear to be working properly including text.
    04-18-20 04:49 AM