Well as long as you don't wipe it or have to reload the OS..... your golden (plated with a little tarnish).
    As the site over the last 24 hours would seem to suggest, people are doing this more than some might think.
    08-16-19 01:20 PM
    As the site over the last 24 hours would seem to suggest, people are doing this more than some might think.
    Or, like me, don’t login frequently enough... isn’t there some default 7day expiration or something?
    08-16-19 01:36 PM
    Or, like me, don’t login frequently enough... isn’t there some default 7day expiration or something?
    It doesn't require the user to type anything in though. I don't think that situation applies here - not to say it won't on the next one.

The fact is, the breakdown of a seemingly unrelated minor system, can have ripple effects on other infrastructure. It's so complicated that no one can ever suggest with any degree of confidence that everything "will be just fine" .

This is the exact scenario I had concerns about - I'm just glad it happened while someone is still there and they have an obligation to fix it.
    08-16-19 01:42 PM
    This was the scenario that nontechnical users like myself don’t want to deal with. Can you imagine depending on your BB10 hardware for daily use and this happens? That’s after getting past all the BB10 issues when everything is still up and running...
    Which is why the "hey, all bugs are features after 2019" blog post from two years ago should have been enough of an alarm to put in an exit strategy, especially for anyone depending on the platform for anything more substantial than to look nice on a shelf.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-16-19 01:42 PM
    Yall, I figured it out.
    So I was part of the group who only got like 3 screen options (language, wifi, and bb log in), unable to skip anything, only swipe down option is to make emergency call.
    From what I understand, this happened to people who had bb protect enabled when it wiped. something about this bricked the phone.

SO, my fix.
    Select your language
    Select wifi, although mine also said i was connected to att network at bottom of screen
    **ON BB LOG IN PAGE**, click forgot password, put your email in to recover and reset password... it will say invalid email... then IMMEDIATELY POWER OFF DEVICE.
    When I restarted my blackberry, it FINALLY LET ME SKIP EVERYTHING AND CONTINUE ON TO NORMAL DEVICE INITIAL START UP. I skipped everything just to be on the safe side cause I didn't want to jinkx that I got it to unbrick itself.
    Thank you, as any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I followed your instructions a couple of times and I haven't had the same luck. I connect to Wi-Fi fine and it shows connected to Mobile Network: AT&T as well. In the "Password Recovery" field, I enter my email address and it auto-populates with a capitol letter for the first letter of the email address and doesn't allow me to change it. Then, when I hit OK, it auto-populates the "Login Required" page (email address field) with the same email address, but doesn't allow me to change the capitol letter. The only difference from your description, but either way, I gave it a shot.
    08-16-19 02:05 PM
    When you get the error for the date and time, does it not give you the option to "Check" and then edit the time? I know you get the Check option when you are booted into the phone and just trying to sign into blackberry ID but wanted to know if it was an option during the Setup screen
    No, unfortunately it does not. This seems to be the area that some are able to defy the brick.
    08-16-19 02:22 PM
    Thank you, as any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I followed your instructions a couple of times and I haven't had the same luck. I connect to Wi-Fi fine and it shows connected to Mobile Network: AT&T as well. In the "Password Recovery" field, I enter my email address and it auto-populates with a capitol letter for the first letter of the email address and doesn't allow me to change it. Then, when I hit OK, it auto-populates the "Login Required" page (email address field) with the same email address, but doesn't allow me to change the capitol letter. The only difference from your description, but either way, I gave it a shot.
    Maybe try wiping it again with an autoloader and try again? Just a thought...

Posted via CB10
    08-16-19 02:22 PM
    Which is why the "hey, all bugs are features after 2019" blog post from two years ago should have been enough of an alarm to put in an exit strategy, especially for anyone depending on the platform for anything more substantial than to look nice on a shelf.
    My Z10 doesn't really look nice on a shelf.... (why did I get a white one?)

As for the fix... doesn't it require some chanting and the sacrifice of a virgin iPhone?
    08-16-19 02:25 PM
    Maybe try wiping it again with an autoloader and try again? Just a thought...

Posted via CB10
    Tried download an autoloader the other day and had issues. Once done, I was unable to open the files. I can bypass the reload process on Link, as I figured out that I need to do a fresh open and I get the option for split second. But, normally when it opens, it says I need to complete the set-up process on the phone to wipe/reload. Not sure if an autoloader would even connect at this point. I have never used one.
    08-16-19 02:25 PM
    Tried download an autoloader the other day and had issues. Once done, I was unable to open the files. I can bypass the reload process on Link, as I figured out that I need to do a fresh open and I get the option for split second. But, normally when it opens, it says I need to complete the set-up process on the phone to wipe/reload. Not sure if an autoloader would even connect at this point. I have never used one.
    Autoloader usually will connect much better than LINK will....

Generally you unzip the files with something like 7-Zip and then run the exe.
    08-16-19 02:28 PM
    Generally you unzip the files with something like 7-Zip and then run the exe.
    Or if you have Windows 10 just right click on the autoloader and unzip it.
    08-16-19 03:19 PM
    This was the scenario that nontechnical users like myself don’t want to deal with. Can you imagine depending on your BB10 hardware for daily use and this happens? That’s after getting past all the BB10 issues when everything is still up and running...
    I think one of the reasons I don't worry is that I configure and use all my devices so that I love no data or function it if one goes down.

I always ask myself, "If I threw my device (phone, laptop, camera, whatever) out of a car on a bridge over salt water, or if it was stolen, would I worry about anything other than the cost of replacing it?" If the answer is yes, I have more work to do.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-16-19 03:20 PM
    I think one of the reasons I don't worry is that I configure and use all my devices so that I love no data or function it if one goes down.

I always ask myself, "If I threw my device (phone, laptop, camera, whatever) out of a car on a bridge over salt water, or if it was stolen, would I worry about anything other than the cost of replacing it?" If the answer is yes, I have more work to do.

The ultimate problem for me is not receiving phone calls or text messages. Tablet or laptop would cover the rest. No phone calls or text es no bueno.
    08-16-19 03:26 PM
    The ultimate problem for me is not receiving phone calls or text messages. Tablet or laptop would cover the rest. No phone calls or text es no bueno.
    Understood.

I'm moving towards online services for all telephony and SMS, for privacy reasons, so that my carrier number becomes superfluous. For my T-Mobile pre-paid phone, I don't even know what my number is, and I only use data for everything.

By Jan 1 I won't ever need to use a carrier number for anything except verifications from that carrier.

08-16-19 03:37 PM
    having the same issue from Pakistan dont know what to do
    08-16-19 11:29 PM
    I found a fix for mine. I basically had the same problem. As a disclaimer, I haven't used Blackberry on a daily basis in a few years. I'm not as savvy with them or the terminology like I use to be. I hope this helps and if I'm wrong or leave a step out let me know I can duplicate the error and pay more attention to the steps. Not much sleep here.

I used BB Link, and the option to reload device software. It took a few tries. The first couple attempts did not work and I'd end up with the same problem with error on login with no skip option. I noticed the first couple attempts Link did not actually reload and was noticeable from the short time it took before the process was finished. On the 3rd attempt reloading software, as Link calls it, the process took longer and worked. You must choose to upgrade, not the option to upgrade later. When the phone booted my options after the first two setup screens (language & wifi) were totally different. I had the option to skip entering BB ID and password. Prior to this, there was no option to skip BB login and I'd get the error. I had tried everything mentioned on this site. I've read the work around here and BlackBerry site about changing the date but this is a no go if you can't get into the settings.

Right now I can navigate the phone and still have not entered the Blackberry credentials. I'd imagine at this point if an error is given at login, it be a good time for the work-around changing the date manually.
    08-17-19 03:01 AM
    And even after all this mess which is going on with BBID, I bought a Passport SE few hours back.. Unit will be delivered in 2-3 days, I hope everything will be fine... Fingers crossed
    08-17-19 03:15 AM
    And even after all this mess which is going on with BBID, I bought a Passport SE few hours back.. Unit will be delivered in 2-3 days, I hope everything will be fine... Fingers crossed
    I'm sure this current situation will be resolved. BlackBerry, as it stands right now, is obliged to fix it.
    08-17-19 08:47 AM
    I'm sure this current situation will be resolved. BlackBerry, as it stands right now, is obliged to fix it.
    ... if they can Conite. Likely a coding issue that needs a fix and the developer who programmed that piece of code maybe long gone - as you know BBID/Protect source is probably thousands of lines of code. At least they were able to reproduce the problem and they should be able to see in a dedugger. I'd be interested to know what changes BBLtd made (hardware, software) that triggered this problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-19 11:26 AM
    ... if they can Conite. Likely a coding issue that needs a fix and the developer who programmed that piece of code maybe long gone - as you know BBID/Protect source is probably thousands of lines of code. At least they were able to reproduce the problem and they should be able to see in a dedugger. I'd be interested to know what changes BBLtd made (hardware, software) that triggered this problem.

Posted via CB10
    It’s probably all the behind the scenes development of 10.3.4 and 10.4 to celebrate the end of this decade...
    08-17-19 01:01 PM
    I did a security wipe of my old Q10 for my daughter to use. Obviously now I'm getting this same error issue. However how do I try and change the date/time if I can't get past the initial set up prompts?
    08-17-19 03:59 PM
    I did a security wipe of my old Q10 for my daughter to use. Obviously now I'm getting this same error issue. However how do I try and change the date/time if I can't get past the initial set up prompts?
    You can't. But you can try the method mentioned in this post, if that doesn't work you're probably going to have to wait on BlackBerry to fix the issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-19 04:09 PM
    Thanks, I'll keep giving it a try and I guess hope for a timely fix.
    08-17-19 04:33 PM
    I've never used an autoloader for a wipe- is there somewhere I might find instructions for it?
    08-17-19 04:35 PM
    I've never used an autoloader for a wipe- is there somewhere I might find instructions for it?
    The effect is the same as a security wipe. You would be presented with the same screen you have now.
    08-17-19 04:40 PM
329 ... 34567 ...