Hi Everyone

I wanted to inquire about how I may be able to upload multiple folders with files in order as needed within the folders. For some reason Blend ONLY allows me to upload individual files. What about people that have dozens of folders with files in each of them..that want this to be uploaded to the device?

I have tried google onedrive, but it appears that access to the folders and then their individual files just simply takes too long to load. I guess maybe because they are getting accessed from the cloud. I have dozens of folders ..if not hundreds that I would like to upload to the device..all with separate files within each folder.

Thanks so much!
    Andy
    07-21-15 06:26 PM
    Remotely, it will be a problem.
    Maybe try zipping all of the folders with files into one big ZIP file, upload that, then unzip it on the device.
    But, if you can connect the device to a computer via USB data cable, then you can move files and folder one and off the device easily.
    As long as the host computer has the Device Manager drivers or BlackBerry Link/Blend installed, then your Classic will show up as "drives" for both the device memory and SD card. Use the computer's file manager to move the stuff around (Windows = Windows Explorer, MAC = Finder)
    07-21-15 06:40 PM
    If you want to have the files stored on your device and you have a media card installed, then turn on mass storage mode from settings, network and connections,usb, then plug in your phone and you will see your media card show up as a usb drive in your computer's file explorer. Then you can simply drag and drop whatever files you want to your media card to copy them from your computer. Another way, is to use file manager on your device, and if your phone is set up to use blend without a usb connection, you will be able to see your computer from the tab in the bottom left corner of the file manager that lets you choose between device, media card. and your computer.
    07-21-15 06:41 PM
    Thanks for your message. I am completely fine doing this locally. I am unable to see how I can simply move the files over even if I use a data cable. Can you provide some further guidance for this? Thanks so much for your help

Andy
    07-21-15 06:43 PM
    Thanks for your message. I am completely fine doing this locally. I am unable to see how I can simply move the files over even if I use a data cable. Can you provide some further guidance for this? Thanks so much for your help

Andy
    What kind of computer do you have, Windows or Apple/Mac?
    07-21-15 06:45 PM
    Thanks for your assistance everyone

Andy
    07-21-15 06:49 PM
    There is a message on my computer that indicates that I can only access the media card files from my computer. I unfortunately need to access these folders and files from my BlackBerry. Can someone help?

Thanks
    Andy
    07-21-15 07:05 PM
    There is a message on my computer that indicates that I can only access the media card files from my computer. I unfortunately need to access these folders and files from my BlackBerry. Can someone help?

Thanks
    Andy
    What kind of computer do you have, Windows or Apple/Mac?
    07-21-15 07:07 PM
    I have a mac. But I can load it on my windows machine if that will help. But the folder doesn't appear in the 'file manager' folder in the BlackBerry device
    07-21-15 07:38 PM
    I have a mac. But I can load it on my windows machine if that will help. But the folder doesn't appear in the 'file manager' folder in the BlackBerry device
    When you connect the Classic to a computer and that computer has BlackBerry Link, Device Manager, or Blend installed, the Classic will show up as one or two "drives" on the computer's file manger, not in the Classic's File Manger App. It is the same as plugging a USB thumb drive into the computer and accessing the contents.
    For MAC:
    • Open Finder.
    • Locate the new "drives" shown as attached USB drives or Removable Devices. One will should be named "Flash" which the the Classic's device memory, the other should be named "SD" for the SD card in the Classic.
    • Open the "drive" where the files and folders are you want to move, select them and drag and drop them into the location you want them to be moved too.

For Windows:
    • Same as above, but open Windows Explorer or Computer to navigate to the "drives".
    07-22-15 06:52 AM