With the newly revised Classic rear, it looks like the changes were made in the camera lense area. If you look closely, it almost looks like a larger opening for the lense, and possibly a larger LED that is pressed closer to the lense itself. The old revision of the Classic that Chen brought out at a few months ago looked like it had essentially the Q10 setup.

Upgraded Camera Lense?-classic_cams.jpg

I wonder if they're using the same 13 MP Camera With OIS camera that the Passport has. Judging by some new photos taken on Weibo, the Classic looks like an improvement over the Q10. But there could be other factors in play too, like software updates and this could all just be an aesthetic change to the exterior. Hopefully we hear something official soon.

Upgraded Camera Lense?-classic_photo.jpg
    Classic

Upgraded Camera Lense?-q10_photo.jpg
    Q10
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 09-08-14 at 06:08 PM.
    Uzi and so crow like this.
    09-08-14 10:24 AM
    Yeah it would be fantastic if the camera would be upgraded. This device is coming together as a true premium high-end beast.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-08-14 10:33 AM
    I think the new revision of the camera area looks better to me looks more sleek and modern.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 01:33 PM
    Interesting. Or it will say "classic" across the back?
    09-08-14 05:40 PM
    Some more camera comparison photos posted. The Classic definitely manages to grab more details in low light settings. The lamp post looks less blown out and the ad looks sharper, and less discolored.

Upgraded Camera Lense?-classic_night.jpg
    Classic

Upgraded Camera Lense?-q10_night.jpg
    Q10
    09-08-14 06:07 PM
    Here's hoping for a few improvements such as this
    09-09-14 09:11 AM
    I think the improvements aren't in the hardware. I took some photos with the new new 10.3 software on my Z30 and the difference is astounding in situations where the metering was way off before (low light, low light with concentrated bright lights, etc...)

Upgraded Camera Lense?-img_20140824_190231_hdr.jpg

It's kind of irritating that the photo uploader on here auto-rotates images...
    09-09-14 11:32 AM
    I think the improvements aren't in the hardware. I took some photos with the new new 10.3 software on my Z30 and the difference is astounding in situations where the metering was way off before (low light, low light with concentrated bright lights, etc...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140824_190231_hdr.jpg 
Views:	1758 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	296727

It's kind of irritating that the photo uploader on here auto-rotates images...
    It's very possible that it's more of a software improvement in 10.3.1. But I haven't seen a huge improvement using 10.3 on my Q10 from 10.2.
    09-09-14 12:39 PM
    If the OS leaks are right that is has Z30 specs, it could boil down to better image processing/compression. How well it processes the RAW images to jpg makes a huge difference. That and the new OS could be improved for the image processing as well. Like a new version of Adobe Lightroom running on equal hardware...

Edit: I would love for it to have the same 13MP unit with OIS as the Passport, but I kind of doubt it...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-09-14 09:00 PM
    If the OS leaks are right that is has Z30 specs, it could boil down to better image processing/compression. How well it processes the RAW images to jpg makes a huge difference. That and the new OS could be improved for the image processing as well. Like a new version of Adobe Lightroom running on equal hardware...

Edit: I would love for it to have the same 13MP unit with OIS as the Passport, but I kind of doubt it...
    I'm with you. I wouldn't have even suspected anything other than the Q10 lense if it weren't for the Classic's lense area being updated from the old prototype version John Chen had. Again, that could just be cosmetic, but looking closely at the lense in the image makes me think it was physically improved on the hardware side.

Software improvements help, but better exposure in low light settings like what is shown in those last examples from the Weibo user are difficult to pull off without an improved lense. Just my two cents for whatever it's worth.
    09-09-14 10:36 PM
    If the classic has a solid camera improvement and has a ridiculously long battery life, I am sold on it. If the camera tends to be the same as the Q10 which ultimately it could be because of the enterprise market and not wanting to drive the cost up, I don't know what to do!

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    09-09-14 10:47 PM
    The BlackBerry Classic will feature a 8mp camera.

The improved "optics" to the camera are likely due to software improvements in 10.3.1 but maybe just maybe it will have a F/2.0 Aperture vs the F/2.2 on the Q10.
    This will enable better picture quality in low light situations.

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    09-10-14 10:51 AM
    I'm with you. I wouldn't have even suspected anything other than the Q10 lense if it weren't for the Classic's lense area being updated from the old prototype version John Chen had. Again, that could just be cosmetic, but looking closely at the lense in the image makes me think it was physically improved on the hardware side.

Software improvements help, but better exposure in low light settings like what is shown in those last examples from the Weibo user are difficult to pull off without an improved lense. Just my two cents for whatever it's worth.
    Thanks for always posting your findings on the Classic I find it interesting
    09-10-14 05:15 PM
    How is the camera specs not yet detailed? Seems no one knows for sure. If it's 8 MP I'm not buying it will stick with my Q10. If it's 13 MP like the passports i'll upgrade. I'm not sure what BlackBerry is doing to entice older bb10 users to upgrade? I want a flagship classic-designed phone.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    09-17-14 03:24 PM
    How is the camera specs not yet detailed? Seems no one knows for sure. If it's 8 MP I'm not buying it will stick with my Q10. If it's 13 MP like the passports i'll upgrade. I'm not sure what BlackBerry is doing to entice older bb10 users to upgrade? I want a flagship classic-designed phone.

Here's a thought. What if the 8mp camera is better than the 13mp camera on the passport??

A little piece of advice, bigger mp's doesn't necessarily mean better pictures. Also remember BlackBerry doesn't really out excellent camera's in their phones sadly so don't expect miracles lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 01:46 PM
    . If it's 8 MP I'm not buying it will stick with my Q10. If it's 13 MP like the passports i'll upgrade. I'm not sure what BlackBerry is doing to entice older bb10 users to upgrade?.

As my fellow Crackberry reader has stated above, More Mega-Pixels does NOT mean a better photo. The Mega-Pixels on a camera simply state the size a photo can printed out in without loosing any quality.

Camera clarity is based on Aperture (F/2.2) ect. Speed of focus ect. If you are only looking for Meg-pixel count. Windows / Android are playing that game well. BlackBerry & Apple know what's cracking

Lol the 2 fruit companies are the smartest.

09-18-14 02:00 PM
    Indeed, if the classic has an upgrade camera and longer battery life than my Q10. Then it is worth to upgrade. However, passport looks really tempting too.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    09-18-14 05:10 PM
    As my fellow Crackberry reader has stated above, More Mega-Pixels does NOT mean a better photo. The Mega-Pixels on a camera simply state the size a photo can printed out in without loosing any quality.

Camera clarity is based on Aperture (F/2.2) ect. Speed of focus ect. If you are only looking for Meg-pixel count. Windows / Android are playing that game well. BlackBerry & Apple know what's cracking

Lol the 2 fruit companies are the smartest.

a cameras fstop is has little to due with "clarity" fstop decides what your depth of field will be. clairty in a camera comes from excellent focus and a high quality image sensor. a low fstop number does help with low light exposures tho

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-19-14 03:03 AM
    a cameras fstop is has little to due with "clarity" fstop decides what your depth of field will be. clairty in a camera comes from excellent focus and a high quality image sensor. a low fstop number does help with low light exposures tho

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Um, actually, while true that it affects depth of field, it does affect clarity. A more "open" aperture (lower f-stop) means the opening is larger (which results in less depth of field) but also it means it can get better exposure with a faster shutter, which helps in low light, allows for lower ISO which results in less noise and more clarity...

Edit: and in case you're wondering why I'm talking about low light when you already kind of mentioned it, it's because that's the way you really tell. Almost all cameras can take decent pictures when the lighting is optimal...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 09-19-14 at 11:02 PM.
    09-19-14 10:49 PM