I currently have an AT&T Torch 9810 for my personal phone; I have had 9700 and 9900 at work in the past but they transferred us to Galaxy S4's last year.
    Before my 9810, I had a 9800;
    There is no urgency to upgrade my personal phone but i'm getting the itch.
    I considered android and Windows. (I have a Lumia 830 that I've had a couple of prepaid plans on);
    But I really rather stay with blackberry.
    It comes down to the keyboard and Blackberry environment.
    So some questions about BB10 and Classic.

- does BB10 offer : Blackberry Travel, Blackberry Maps; Docs to Go; Memo Pad; Podcasts?
    - Will I be able to sync my Blackberry calendar with my gmail account like I do now on my 9810?
    - does the classic copy/paste with the trackpad as easily as my 9810 and can I copy/paste from one program to another (email to memo, text to email, email to calendar, etc.);
    - can i put a conference bridge number in the subject line of a meeting in my calendar and tap it to dial (the Samsung can't do this)
    - can i transfer files (media and data) via bluetooth from phone to computer or other phone? (iphone can't do this);
    - for the social media apps that Blackberry App world doesn't offer, can I side load these from google play? (I'm not really familiar with that whole process);
    - sending travel emails to Blackberry Travel and having them populate my calendar?

These are just some of the things that I depend on my blackberry for and I don't want to give them up.

AT&T Torch 9810
    acovey likes this.
    10-19-15 11:18 PM
    Yes to everything except the conference question - I've never tried that.

10-19-15 11:25 PM
    It can't copy paste with the same keyboard shortcuts like BBOS. (Alt + Track pad to Copy; Shift + Track pad to Paste) I still don't get how could BlackBerry leave out this function when they pitched this phone particularly to BBOS users. Don't know when will they stop making such rookie mistakes. But yes you can highlight text just like BBOS using the track pad

10-19-15 11:59 PM
    Get ClipMan Clipboard Manager from BlackBerry World. Docs To Go sucks compared to the legacy phones app.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 12:27 AM
    Docs To Go sucks compared to the legacy phones app.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but there are many other alternatives, like Microsoft Office Mobile for example.

10-20-15 12:39 AM
    I went from a 9800 to a Classic and don't regret it a bit, although you sound like a more sophisticated user than I am.
    We use Google Mail / Calendar / Hangouts for work and the only issue I've had is that I have to use the mobile Hangouts site in the browser.
    It's ugly but it does work.
    10-20-15 08:40 AM
    You can simply add the conference bridge info into the appointment ... there is a drop down selector.

I set a reminder and when the reminder opens, it asks if you want to join via the assigned bridge.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-20-15 12:16 PM