I have recently purchased and am using a Classic instead of my Z10. I have noticed that at my home where the Z10 used to display full bars on signal strength and never lost a cellular 4g lte connection, the brand new Classic shows only one or two bars of signal strength and has lost its cellular connection several times in the few days that I have owned this new Classic.

I obviously cannot rely upon a phone which loses its cellular connection repeatedly.

Has anyone any experience with such a scenario or can anyone comment on whether or not this is a known issue with the Classic or might I simply have a defective phone?

I like the phone and love having a physical keyboard once again, but I simply am uncomfortable with the thought of counting on a phone which already is causing me concern due to it's repeated losing a cellular signal where this never happened with the Z10.

UPDATE:

Having changed my Classic for another Classic I am saddened and frustrated to have discovered no change in the symptom. In my home using the same carrier as with my previous Z10, the Classic repeatedly loses it's cellular connection or hops onto a competitor's signal. This never happened with my Z10. As such, although I have only a sample of two units, my experience shows that for whatever the technical reason may be, the Classic cannot maintain a cellular connection where the Z10 was able to do so and where the Z10 did so consistently and reliably.

It looks like I will be returning my Classic and returning to my Z10. I don't want to do this as I like the physical keyboard of the Classic, but a phone that cannot maintain a cellular connection is no good to me.

I tried the OS that came with the phone, updated the phone to the newest OS available via the carrier and then updated again using Sachesi. With all three operating system versions the symptom remained the same. Cellular connections dropped. Again, why this is given that my two and a half year old Z10 works flawlessly is a mystery to me.
    I miss a physical keyboard and that was the reason for my (attempted) change to the Classic.

This has been a disappointing experience.
    10-25-15 01:26 PM
    so you updated via carrier... which version is that anyways? have you tried the latest autoloader?
    10-26-15 05:21 PM
    The updated carrier version was I think, 2474. Updating via Sachesi brought it to version 10.3.2.2514
    10-26-15 06:33 PM
    I have had a Classic but I returned it because of weak signal. I compared it too with Z10, which is way better in this department.

I intend to buy another Classic. Which variant is better from signal point of view?

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:56 AM
    Those who are not facing any problem related with signal, what variants do you have?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:58 AM
    I know this is a Classic forum, but will you consider the Passport? It has a Paratek antenna and I get 4G LTE everywhere, sometimes 4G, and very rarely no signal (I'm on T-Mobile).

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 11:49 PM
    I know this is a Classic forum, but will you consider the Passport? It has a Paratek antenna and I get 4G LTE everywhere, sometimes 4G, and very rarely no signal (I'm on T-Mobile).

Posted via CB10
    Classic has Paratek antenna too. Source is the Classic community insider forums.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-29-15 12:29 AM