Hello Crackberry,

I recently purchased a used Blackberry Classic SQC100-4 with the intention of using it with T-Mobile USA which according to the compatibility table should work. But unfortunately, I was under the impression that what I bought was a network unlocked device. This is not the case, the device is network locked and needs a Mobile Equipment Personalization code before I can use my SIM. So I'm trying to figure out how to go about doing this. Telus is a Canadian company so I can't really use any local services to try and lock it. I'm trying to get into contact with Telus to see if even though I don't even have an account with the let alone the fact that the phone is probably still in the vendor they'll make an exeception. And I've contacted the seller to see if they can provide a MEP for me. But if this doesn't work what are my next options? It seems all that remains would be to pay one of several unlocking services online to try and fufill this request. If that is the case is there any reputable sites anyone knows of for Canadian specifically Telus devices? Most I've seen are US carriers for like Apple, Samsung and LG devices.

Thanks in advance.
    05-26-17 06:35 PM
    I've used BlackBerry CodeSource several times to unlock Telus and Rogers devices. No issues, great service.

They have a thread going here about the KEYone, where you can get in contact, or directly: https://blackberrycodesource.com/
    05-26-17 07:16 PM