I need some assistance.

I have an UNLOCKED Classic from Rogers w/ the latest firmware on WIND Mobile in Canada.

Compared to my native Q10 from WIND, it keeps disconnecting calls and dropping service like mad.

Can I just flash the radio? Or would that brick the phone considering it's from Rogers and I need Rogers updates, firmware, etc?

It's really getting bad, sometimes it'll go into SOS or No Service mode and stay there until I go into airplane mode and back into normal service.. I'm beyond frustrated.
    02-01-15 02:23 PM
    It will be fine to flash the radio. Maybe a different version will be better, but most likely won't make a difference.

If you want, try the 10.3.1.2072 version, you can just flash the radio over your current version, and should work fine.

I get better results on that version on my passport, then I did with 1154 which is the launch OS for the classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 02:42 PM
    Wind in general is really bad in certain areas,

the exact same thing you are describing would happen on my note 4 with wind when I was at home,

had to keep going in and out of airplane to get the radio to connect again and then it would go away,

or it would say there is service but no calls/texts/data would come through,

but then when I was out of my house the service was amazing.

I tried changing OS versions and on some it was better than others,

Try updating if you want,

Good luck,

Hope it works out
    02-02-15 06:12 PM
    Just curious and you may already know this but...What is your Classic model number? Here is a good chart to help you figure out which version you have and what radio frequencies it's capable of using.

You either have an SQC100-2 or SQC100-4 in Canada on Rogers. The -4 model is capable of using both Wind's AWS frequencies of 2100Mhz and 1700Mhz. If you have the -2 model, you're only getting half the connectivity since it has only the 2100Mhz frequency and not the 1700Mhz frequency. This would definitely contribute to connectivity problems on Wind. If you have the -4 model and you're getting drops then you have a different problem.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 02-02-15 at 06:41 PM. Reason: I just like making edits...it's a compulsion.
    andy957 likes this.
    02-02-15 06:31 PM
    It will be fine to flash the radio. Maybe a different version will be better, but most likely won't make a difference.

If you want, try the 10.3.1.2072 version, you can just flash the radio over your current version, and should work fine.

I get better results on that version on my passport, then I did with 1154 which is the launch OS for the classic.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it's completely up to date with the new Rogers firmware that came out last week.

Wind in general is really bad in certain areas,

the exact same thing you are describing would happen on my note 4 with wind when I was at home,

had to keep going in and out of airplane to get the radio to connect again and then it would go away,

or it would say there is service but no calls/texts/data would come through,

but then when I was out of my house the service was amazing.

I tried changing OS versions and on some it was better than others,

Try updating if you want,

Good luck,

Hope it works out
    Yeah service outside is great. Just at home is where it struggles

Just curious and you may already know this but...What is your Classic model number? Here is a good chart to help you figure out which version you have and what radio frequencies it's capable of using.

You either have an SQC100-2 or SQC100-4 in Canada on Rogers. The -4 model is capable of using both Wind's AWS frequencies of 2100Mhz and 1700Mhz. If you have the -2 model, you're only getting half the connectivity since it has only the 2100Mhz frequency and not the 1700Mhz frequency. This would definitely contribute to connectivity problems on Wind. If you have the -4 model and you're getting drops then you have a different problem.
    Yeah it's the -4, without 1700mhz it wouldn't work period even if it has 2100mhz.
    02-03-15 12:08 AM
    Maybe try giving Wind a call and see if they can do something, in the states sometimes when reception sucks at someones house the network has provided signal boosters

Try contacting them, if they cant provide a signal booster, you may at least get a discount on the service as it doesn't even work when you're home.

or try to get a plan with Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin etc, they provide discounts when you bring your own unlocked phone
    02-03-15 06:38 PM