Sorry this is happening to you folks. I suffered through and survived the Q10 double typing debacle.

If you really want and need a reliable keyboard BlackBerry..... Q5.

It's out there for low cost, if you are open minded. Think about giving it a try.

Posted via CB10
    Second that, especially if you're going to be shelling out money for hardware fixes or a replacement. Just get a Q5 and say bye bye to double typing.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-21-15 10:04 AM
    How do we know this isn't caused by debris between or under the keys? Luckily I haven't experienced this but I've been cleaning my phone, specifically the keyboard, with a vacuum.
    05-21-15 10:08 AM
    I really think it's a software issue. On my Q10 after I did a security wipe the issue went away for about a month or so. If it was really a hardware issue there'd be an uproar of ppl looking to get it fixed
    05-21-15 11:33 AM
    I got a Classic last friday, and today exchanged it for one because the space bar was "sticking."

This replacement device has the double typing problem on the A and Q.

This is so irritating. Now I have to go to another T-Mobile store because I don't want to bother the people at the other store who sort of felt like I was overreacting. Sorry, but the spacebar sticking to whatever is behind it every time I press it is really annoying. And she had the nerve to tell me "Maybe you shouldn't press it so hard." It reminded me of something Steve Jobs would say.

UPDATE: So I went back to the original store I bought my first Classic at, with the device that has the double typing issue. Of course, since the "a" doesn't double type all the time, the guy didn't believe me and refused to exchange my Classic. So I call that number on the "30 Day Complimentary Support" paper inside my Classic box, and it's BlackBerry's software help people. The lady was nice, but transferred me to T-Mobile who presented me with the following options: Wait 15 days from Friday, May 15 when I bought the Classic, and they will charge me $20 to do a warranty replacement, or try to go to another T-Mobile store and hope the rep will exchange it.

I'm mad at BlackBerry for letting this double typing issue persist for about two years now (beginning with Q10, because I don't remember it on any device prior), and also at T-Mobile the one girl saying to press my space bar more gently, and for how the one guy just basically thought I was lying. I mean, the device was still in plastic wrapping and has the plastic film over the camera glass plate...it's not like it's all beat up and I'm trying to get weasel my way in to get it switched for a new one, and it's not like this process of going to different stores is fun.

UPDATE 2: Just for kicks, I called 1-877-255-2377, whichever number of BlackBerry's that is, to see if they could help me, and since the Classic was bought through T-Mobile, BlackBerry said they are not responsible for replacing or repairing the Classic, and referred me to T-Mobile.
    Try their live chat. https://support.t-mobile.com/community/contact-us. Sometimes the square under the live chat option will be blank, but keep trying. I ALWAYS do warranty exchanges through live chat because it's far less hassle. They'll give you some troubleshooting tips, but just say you've already done them. Plus, it should only be a $5 processing fee for a warranty exchange, not $20.
    kbz1960 and SK122387 like this.
    05-21-15 11:35 AM
    Every BlackBerry comes with a 1 year warranty.
    Every PKB owner might invest in the extended warranty . Then again dealing with warranty issues outside of a carrier is tough sledding.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 11:47 AM
    They have figured it out but they just do not care
    Same problem with many Q10s but not the Bold 9900? Maybe Blackberry should pull head from bottom?

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    05-21-15 12:18 PM
    Now I have to go to another T-Mobile store because I don't want to bother the people at the other store who sort of felt like I was overreacting.
    It's your money and lets be honest Tmobile employee not curing cancer anytime soon. You pay for a good product make them give you what you want. Blackberry products are usually flawless.
    05-21-15 02:08 PM
    It's your money and lets be honest Tmobile employee not curing cancer anytime soon. You pay for a good product make them give you what you want. Blackberry products are usually flawless.
    Let's be honest here. I've owned, as I recollect, 15 Blackberry devices. I would not say they're usually flawless, especially BB10 devices, of which, are notoriously heavily flawed as a whole. All of the physical keyboard devices suffer from double typing, that means I can't purchase any of them. I'm not going to struggle with it. The z10 had a manufacturing defect that causes heat issues due to thermal paste, the z30 has a design flaw with the battery cover / case which causes the power button to get stuck down and go into boot loops..
    05-21-15 03:08 PM
    My A key doesn't make sound when pressed.. hope I won't have issue with this key. Really weird to doesn't get any sound ! The feeling is also different.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 03:43 PM
    Let's be honest here. I've owned, as I recollect, 15 Blackberry devices. I would not say they're usually flawless, especially BB10 devices, of which, are notoriously heavily flawed as a whole. All of the physical keyboard devices suffer from double typing, that means I can't purchase any of them. I'm not going to struggle with it. The z10 had a manufacturing defect that causes heat issues due to thermal paste, the z30 has a design flaw with the battery cover / case which causes the power button to get stuck down and go into boot loops..
    Well take a deep breath and buy something else. If all 15 Blackberry devices fail you perhaps somewhere between numbers 6 and 12 you should have tried something else. Now don't go getting yourself all upset it was just a suggestion. Also perhaps an after market item might fix your Z30?
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-21-15 05:13 PM
    All of the physical keyboard devices suffer from double typing, that means I can't purchase any of them
    I've yet to hear a Q5 owner complain about the keyboard. Get one while you still can. Great value too.
    double_fault likes this.
    05-21-15 05:26 PM
    I really think it has something to do with moisture/dampness in the air and with relative humidity. We've been having some very dry weather, red flag, high risk of fire weather, and there's been no double typing on my Q10. The keys seem "higher," like their rate of travel is more than on damper, more humid days when they feel "lower," squishier. On more humid days I just exercise more care typing to lessen the occurrences of it.
    05-21-15 06:03 PM
    I really think it has something to do with moisture/dampness in the air and with relative humidity. We've been having some very dry weather, red flag, high risk of fire weather, and there's been no double typing on my Q10. The keys seem "higher," like their rate of travel is more than on damper, more humid days when they feel "lower," squishier. On more humid days I just exercise more care typing to lessen the occurrences of it.
    If that was the case 20% of the Smartphones in Toronto will be down June, July and August .

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 06:11 PM
    Also some people with Z30's saying their microphone doesn't work anymore. Only works on speaker phone.
    05-21-15 07:16 PM
    I have had more than a couple Blackberrys with issues. I've also had 3 iPhones, all of which have developed some fault along the way. I had a Nexus One with a power button that failed, and a Lumia 521 that I had to replace 4 times because the buttons kept failing.

Every mobile phone manufacturer makes lemons. At least nobody from BlackBerry has ever told you that you are holding it wrong.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 12:45 PM
    And with Q10, you can buy spare parts and fix it yourself. Not just a new battery. Excellent device.

Posted via CB10
    boilerkim likes this.
    05-23-15 02:00 PM
    I too am experiencing the ooccasional double-typing issue (likee just now). I had the same issue when I was on the Q10, which was temporarily resolved after I replaced the keyboard. However, the problem returned and it became worse than ever, which lead me to picking up a Classic.

Unfortunately, I think this may be the last keyboard BlackBerry I'll purchase until I know for sure that the issue has been resolved in future models.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 02:06 PM
    This Classic I'm holding right now is BlackBerry's last chance with me. I went through the double typing **** on the Q10 and won't do it again. BlackBerry needs to deal with this issue.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.2267
    05-23-15 05:04 PM
    I am not sure I have double typing. It doesn't happen when I type slower and it happens with the keys my right thumb rests on which makes me think it is me. I have also vacuumed my keyboard and noticed very little double typing afterwards. Will keep observing.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 05:13 PM
    I have sentiment similar to others on this thread. I had a Q10 and the double typing started after about three months. I was so looking forward to the Classic and a better keyboard. I get the Classic and iit lasts about 6 weeks before the double typing starts.

It is definitely positively not a software problem. It is crummy hardware. I upgraded my software from 10.2 to 10.3 and it made no difference.

BTW only because of auto spell check is most of this post legible, as the I, o, a and u are consistently double typing.

This is freaking ridiculous. Going on two years and BlackBerry let's these Classics roll off the line defective. Their quality control absolutely is a major FAIL.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 08:30 PM
    I realize that a common anecdote for us is to say "well other phones have problems too" that's true, they do. If you were to go by reports here, reddit, and a few other bb places, you would realize that for the number of users bb has, the problems seem to be rampant, and without resolve. I am completely stunned that classic users are getting double typing. This repeat of a problem that was never acknowledged from the q10 has made me seriously question what exactly is going on in waterloo. How has this not been adequately addressed? I feel at this point that these are not professional devices.
    Last edited by katiepea; 05-24-15 at 12:10 PM.
    double_fault and Taigatrommel like this.
    05-24-15 12:40 AM
    Agreed. Professional business communication devices should have keyboards that don't malfunction. It's basic.

Posted via CB10
    VanR likes this.
    05-24-15 08:49 AM
    I'm getting something similar on my Z30. Since they released the newest update on BBM (which I didn't update) I'm getting crazy keyboard typing. For instance, entering my password, I hit one key and several numbers will spring up. It will also do the same thing when I hit the backspace key. I just have to wait it out for a few seconds and it's normal again, but it's becoming a more common issue. My wife also has the z30 and has had the same problem since the update. Is this a "you better update or we'll annoy you to death" tactic by Blackberry?
    05-25-15 11:15 AM
    Mine was fine at first. But now, puts period in place as if I have double-clicked space bar, but I havent. So my sentences are fragmented with superfluous periods.

And this is my second phone. First one went back with a loose space bar, they exchanged it in very short order... less than a week. So this one is going back... oh, and my backlighting also stops working.... so there are two reasons to send back.

I will keep sending back again and again if I have to. You'd think that with BB's suffering place in the market that they would jump to the pump on this kind of stuff.
    05-25-15 12:02 PM
    Agreed.... I choose blackberry for the very reason of business communications... rapid and frequent in my day. Having to deal with keyboard issues defeats the purpose.
    05-25-15 12:03 PM
54 123