Started with my space bar n now moved to my M button. Ugh whyyyyy how haven't they figured this out yet??
    05-19-15 09:09 PM
    Started with my space bar n now moved to my M button. Ugh whyyyyy how haven't they figured this out yet??
    Looks like your 'y' button is trouble too.

Posted using my physical keyboard on my BlackBerry Classic.
    05-19-15 09:56 PM
    Welcome to the few annd growing stronger day by day unntil blackberry acknowledges the problem and find a quick fix, the numbers of complaints will continue to increase. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    velkod and Paul86 like this.
    05-19-15 10:12 PM
    They have figured it out but they just do not care
    05-19-15 10:13 PM
    Looks like your 'y' button is trouble too.

Posted using my physical keyboard on my BlackBerry Classic.
    As annoyed as I am, that made me laugh hahaha
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-20-15 01:46 AM
    I already sent mine back, partly due to double-typing issues. I am wondering how long it will take this time, last year my Q10 was eight weeks gone.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 04:21 AM
    I don't know what to do. I don't want a refurbished phone, I got this one brand new and that's what I should be getting swapped for.
    05-20-15 11:38 AM
    Welcome to our prestigious club. You are not a true BlackBerry user until you experience double-typing. Once again, welcome.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    velkod likes this.
    05-20-15 01:38 PM
    I have some double i's and e's from time to time....hope it will stay this way.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 02:24 PM
    I I I I I think I am getting it also on my Classic after 6 months mainly the n key started today been reading on the posts about everybody's problem with this an here we go ,Like my Classic but cannot buy a new one every 6 months .Wonder why I liked my 9900 so much ?? Maybe Chenny can get the keyboards fixed by Classic 3 or 4 .
    05-20-15 04:10 PM
    No issues here...

 Instant Classic!
    05-20-15 04:23 PM
    I I I I I think I am getting it also on my Classic after 6 months mainly the n key started today been reading on the posts about everybody's problem with this an here we go ,Like my Classic but cannot buy a new one every 6 months .Wonder why I liked my 9900 so much ?? Maybe Chenny can get the keyboards fixed by Classic 3 or 4 .
    Every BlackBerry comes with a 1 year warranty.
    05-20-15 04:44 PM
    Every BlackBerry comes with a 1 year warranty.
    Will look into this if it gets worse .
    05-20-15 04:59 PM
    I got a Classic last friday, and today exchanged it for one because the space bar was "sticking."

This replacement device has the double typing problem on the A and Q.

This is so irritating. Now I have to go to another T-Mobile store because I don't want to bother the people at the other store who sort of felt like I was overreacting. Sorry, but the spacebar sticking to whatever is behind it every time I press it is really annoying. And she had the nerve to tell me "Maybe you shouldn't press it so hard." It reminded me of something Steve Jobs would say.

UPDATE: So I went back to the original store I bought my first Classic at, with the device that has the double typing issue. Of course, since the "a" doesn't double type all the time, the guy didn't believe me and refused to exchange my Classic. So I call that number on the "30 Day Complimentary Support" paper inside my Classic box, and it's BlackBerry's software help people. The lady was nice, but transferred me to T-Mobile who presented me with the following options: Wait 15 days from Friday, May 15 when I bought the Classic, and they will charge me $20 to do a warranty replacement, or try to go to another T-Mobile store and hope the rep will exchange it.

I'm mad at BlackBerry for letting this double typing issue persist for about two years now (beginning with Q10, because I don't remember it on any device prior), and also at T-Mobile the one girl saying to press my space bar more gently, and for how the one guy just basically thought I was lying. I mean, the device was still in plastic wrapping and has the plastic film over the camera glass plate...it's not like it's all beat up and I'm trying to get weasel my way in to get it switched for a new one, and it's not like this process of going to different stores is fun.

UPDATE 2: Just for kicks, I called 1-877-255-2377, whichever number of BlackBerry's that is, to see if they could help me, and since the Classic was bought through T-Mobile, BlackBerry said they are not responsible for replacing or repairing the Classic, and referred me to T-Mobile.
    Last edited by SK122387; 05-21-15 at 12:35 AM.
    05-20-15 07:10 PM
    I had to disable adding a period after hitting the space bar two times because the double-typing issue added a period every sentence. I was hitting the delete key so much I was afraid it'd become flimsy and then give me the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 07:15 PM
    Sorry this is happening to you folks. I suffered through and survived the Q10 double typing debacle.

If you really want and need a reliable keyboard BlackBerry..... Q5.

It's out there for low cost, if you are open minded. Think about giving it a try.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 08:23 PM
    I do not understand how BlackBerry let the Classic out with this issue. It was so widespread with the Q10 they had to have known and taken steps to fix it.

I hope for everyone suffering with this that this time they don't stay silent and actually give everyone affected some form of restitution.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and Paul86 like this.
    05-20-15 09:13 PM
    The few times I've seen a double letter was due on my part
    05-20-15 09:33 PM
    I started noticing my k,o and h keys double typing. So I contacted ShopBlackberry and they had me upload logs of when it happens. Then he wanted me to keep track of time and date. Mind you that I work, have a family and have a visitor for a month staying in my home.

I sent him the logs for a day. Then he sent it to the escalation department and this is the recommendation I got:
    1. Create a backup for your device using BlackBerry Link. (using a computer with internet connection)
    2. Reload device software.
    3. Observe device without restoring device backup.

They want me to go 24 hours on my Classic without any backup, which will render my device useless since I rely on the Remember app, banking app, etc for work and home activities and communication.

I am not even going to continue with his other suggestions. So, I think I am going to just keep the Classic, unless it worsens. The double typing are occasional and usually when I rush. Which might be user error. I just know I am SOL with ShopBlackberry. Sorry to vent, just wish I had bought my phone from Amazon instead.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 11:05 PM
    The double-typing can be so inconsistent. I haven't had any for about a week. The week before it was occurring every other sentences.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    velkod likes this.
    05-21-15 12:07 AM
    I started noticing my k,o and h keys double typing. So I contacted ShopBlackberry and they had me upload logs of when it happens. Then he wanted me to keep track of time and date. Mind you that I work, have a family and have a visitor for a month staying in my home.

I sent him the logs for a day. Then he sent it to the escalation department and this is the recommendation I got:
    1. Create a backup for your device using BlackBerry Link. (using a computer with internet connection)
    2. Reload device software.
    3. Observe device without restoring device backup.

They want me to go 24 hours on my Classic without any backup, which will render my device useless since I rely on the Remember app, banking app, etc for work and home activities and communication.

I am not even going to continue with his other suggestions. So, I think I am going to just keep the Classic, unless it worsens. The double typing are occasional and usually when I rush. Which might be user error. I just know I am SOL with ShopBlackberry. Sorry to vent, just wish I had bought my phone from Amazon instead.

Posted via CB10
    Four months ago I was contacted by a BlackBerry rep via PM around here. The reason? There already was a double-typing thread back in early January, where I also stated my device showed double-typing once or twice. In any case, I replied to him/her via the provided e-mail adress, although quite some weeks later, and gave them some details and a report what is happening when. I also said I am happy to provide them with more info like serial numbers, date of build, software used, etc. Never got a reply ever since.

Sorry to say it, but after the (IMHO) pretty big Q10 double-typing problems and the fact some of those so called "BB Insiders" more or less promised that double-typing is fixed with Passport and Classic, it is hard to believe BlackBerry does care at all about the problem. The devices are sold, getting warranty seems to be difficult (especially in some countries) and due to the very special fact double-typing occours often just on a random basis, it is hard to prove your claim. So there is no need at all for them to worry....
    If there would still be other makers of physical keyboard devices out there, I'd already left BB after the Q10. Waiting two months to get the phone back - just glad I always have a back-up phone around. I'd even buy an overpriced Apple phone if it would come with a well integrated keyboard.
    05-21-15 02:18 AM
    This is so annoying for me when I switch to my classic. Very saddened over all.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 02:36 AM
    I just do not know this "issue" seems farfetched and perhaps it is your typing style lol. But I don't know hey try blowing air into the keyboard. I'm grateful my typing issues are solely due to my fast WPM typing

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-21-15 03:06 AM
    On my classic the problem seems more like software related whereas on the Q10 the S key is completely broken. Sent it to repairs, came back with the space key broken (seller's warranty, not BlackBerry which isn't available in our country).

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 03:11 AM
    I just do not know this "issue" seems farfetched and perhaps it is your typing style lol. But I don't know hey try blowing air into the keyboard. I'm grateful my typing issues are solely due to my fast WPM typing

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Yes I notice that my double typing occurs when I am rushing. I am going to pay more attention to my typing speed when it happens. I love my BlackBerry, owned many including the 9900 and 8320 with no problems at all. And since we have Androids and a work iPhone, I am able to use other platforms. OS10 works best for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 07:20 AM
54 123