The Classic really is a great phone. It will never be resurrected but I still find myself drawn to using it from time to time. Today I took it back out of my desk and loaded mobdro, terrarium TV, face 10, igrann, apple music and it's performing well considering its age is showing. I am realistic on its capabilities and was very angry to find bbm not working. I do use facebook messenger a lot and that will have to suffice. Sad because I really wanted to be a part of the Classic BBM group but just can't get it going.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 04:30 PM
    Well there are problems reported with BBM currently. Don't know if it effects BB10 though.

https://crackberry.com/bbm-android-a...ssed-right-now

If you have your BBID on another phone then BBM won't work on you Classic.

I use a K1 as my primary now, but still get plenty of use from my Passport. Audio streaming for example because it has great speakers.
    10-13-17 05:00 PM
    I had it on my note 5 and 7 plus. No bbm now for me

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 05:17 PM
    Your classic should prompt you to switch the BBID back to it when you start BBM if you want it there again. Incidentally, I never understood why BBM isn't cross platform. Security reasons maybe?
    10-13-17 05:27 PM
    I love my classic!
    But has to change my bbid since BBM isnt working using that. But its ok i am fine

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 11:35 PM
    I had it on my note 5 and 7 plus. No bbm now for me

Posted via CB10
    Lol it's hardwired (inbuilt) into your classic. Just go to your bbid settings and make it retrieve details. Thereafter launch BBM & it should hopefully work.
    10-14-17 01:38 AM
    I tried that. It gives me "unknown error" and quits

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 03:45 AM
    It gives me the temporary server error and quits

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 03:45 AM
    It gives me the temporary server error and quits

Posted via CB10
    Once you log in to BBM on Android or iOS, you can never log in again using the same credentials on BB10. That's just the way it is.

The only way to use BBM on BB10 is to disable BlackBerry Protect, wipe your phone, and use a new BBID - which will also cause you to lose all of your BlackBerry World purchases.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    10-14-17 08:48 AM
    Is this for reals? I haven't logged in to my BBM in about 6-8 months (last time was in my Priv). Would I be able to log in to my BBM via Classic? Or am I out of luck?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 10:58 AM
    Out of luck apparently. Darn shame

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 11:02 AM
    10-14-17 11:22 AM
    People are reporting that this no longer works. Maybe it just works for some and not others.
    10-14-17 11:24 AM
    It no longer works. I've tried everything. Ironically, it won't even let me put in a new bbid without wiping the phone and I finally got it set the way I want. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 11:29 AM
    It no longer works. I've tried everything. Ironically, it won't even let me put in a new bbid without wiping the phone and I finally got it set the way I want. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    Of course, because BBM on BB10 is tied to the device BBID.
    10-14-17 11:39 AM
    The Classic really is a great phone. It will never be resurrected but I still find myself drawn to using it from time to time. Today I took it back out of my desk and loaded mobdro, terrarium TV, face 10, igrann, apple music and it's performing well considering its age is showing. I am realistic on its capabilities and was very angry to find bbm not working. I do use facebook messenger a lot and that will have to suffice. Sad because I really wanted to be a part of the Classic BBM group but just can't get it going.

Posted via CB10
    Odd my BBM is working fine on my passport se..although I only have one contact left lol

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 02:39 PM
    Odd my BBM is working fine on my passport se..although I only have one contact left lol

Posted via CB10
    You're missing the fact that the OP was trying to port his BBM back to BB10 from another platform.
    10-14-17 02:47 PM
    You're missing the fact that the OP was trying to port his BBM back to BB10 from another platform.
    Ah gotcha

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 02:48 PM
    Wouldn't let me log in with a new one either. Ended up getting a different classic and logging in with new I'd and having to repay for my apps

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 07:13 AM
    Wouldn't let me log in with a new one either. Ended up getting a different classic and logging in with new I'd and having to repay for my apps

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear that.
    10-15-17 12:45 PM
    Once you log in to BBM on Android or iOS, you can never log in again using the same credentials on BB10. That's just the way it is.

The only way to use BBM on BB10 is to disable BlackBerry Protect, wipe your phone, and use a new BBID - which will also cause you to lose all of your BlackBerry World purchases.
    "That's just the way it is"
    Wow, you say it like it's not a big deal, like it's something that it's OK, even normal.
    It's just a pretty ****ty move by bb, bbmobile, whoever it is now. Do they even want the brand to be taken seriously? With moves like this? Tell it like it is: a lack of respect to the few of us left

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    10-18-17 07:43 AM
    Wow, you say it like it's not a big deal, like it's something that it's OK, even normal.
    It's just a pretty ****ty move by bb, bbmobile, whoever it is now. Do they even want the brand to be taken seriously? With moves like this? Tell it like it is: a lack of respect to the few of us left

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    The writing was on the wall a long time ago. BlackBerry has made their intentions very clear for a while now.

It literally is "just the way it is". We may not like it, but we either choose to accept it and deal with the limitations, or we find another phone and OS. It sucks.

I really don't use BBM that much, but I could see how it would suck if you do.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    10-20-17 07:08 AM

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    Emtek (an Indonesian company) licences the consumer BBM app on Android and iOS. They continue to develop the platform, and it is diverging from the old one on BB10 still run by BlackBerry. This situation was inevitable.

There are so few people still using consumer BBM on BB10 that it's not worth keeping up.

Over 90% of BBM users are in Indonesian, and they pretty much all use Android.
    10-20-17 07:19 AM

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    Think of it like BB went under and other companies bought pieces of BB for different uses. Where do you get BB has lack of respect? Why exactly should they care about BBM? It had very few users outside the country of Indonesia. What money did BBM generate for BB lately? They got needed revenue by licensing to Emtek? Were you and the few of you left ready to write a bigger check? It's just business. Use whatsapp, telegram, signal or some other competitor if that makes you feel better......
    10-20-17 07:33 AM
    That is really crappy. I'm glad I don't use BBM.
    10-22-17 06:35 AM