05-16-16 04:00 PM
48 12
tools
    SHIFT and BACKSPACE to Cut. ALT and TRACKPAD to Copy. SHIFT and TRACKPAD to Paste.
    Never tried the shift backspace thing... Never knew about that. I know alt+backspace turns it into delete...

And just tried it, doesn't work here. The alt-trackpad then x would do it. Oh well.

One thing I like about the new method is that you'll be holding shift anyway to highlight, so allowing shift+trackpad(double click) to copy actually works out better than having to then switch to alt-trackpad. But yes, it's missing the cut, you'd have to shift+trackpad->X.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-12-15 05:49 PM
    So shift+trackpad does the same thing, so hold shift and drag the trackpad to highlight, then without releasing the shift, just click the trackpad and click again and you'd copy the highlighted. The shift (or alt) + double click trackpad to paste. It's not too bad...

I agree. It's not too bad. I just wish it was better. Well, I wish it was as convenient as BBOS. Not sure that makes it better or worse. I like the customization and flexibility BBOS offered. Maybe BB10 will get there eventually. I know many on these boards believe that it will.
    05-12-15 05:50 PM
    How in the world can adding a feature that some people want, and that can be easily implemented through tweaking the software, be a bad thing? How in the world can listening to customer requests and addressing them be seen as not improving the product? I just don't get this attitude that change makes it better. I'm not saying it makes it worse, but why not give customers more options? That was the beauty of BBOS, and it could be the beauty of BB10 if they would just listen!
    Take a look at BlackBerry's past mistakes and you'll see both sides of the argument you're presenting.

So ...
    Bold 9000 (Trackball vs Scrollwheel: aaah change the sky is falling)
    * everyone loved it.
    Blackberry Flip Phone (new design; Change aaah I love it)
    * loathed and hated by majority and sales HURT
    BlackBerry Pearl (aaah change what where they thinking two keys per device)
    * loved and sold a HELL of a lot more than the flip mentioned above that it got a 2nd version with trackpad (8100+9100)
    Bold 9900 (no more trackball; Aaah Change they're copycatting Sidekick and Samsung)
    * well YOU KNOW how well that was received it changed everything for BB users!!!
    BB10 doing it all over again!
    05-12-15 09:06 PM
    Unless I'm mistaken, BBOS didn't have a separate combo for cut rather than copy either... I believe it was just one to copy, the other to paste. It's been years since I've used a BBOS device, so I could be wrong.

This is from an old manual...

Copy and Paste - To copy selected text, press the ALT key and click the Trackball. To paste the selected text, place the cursor in an editable field, and then press ALT and click the trackball. You can also use the Menu key or trackball for these functions.
    What's really missing is the menu when you press the menu key. They gave us back the toolbellt but didn't turn on all the functions... Oh, and where is the manual with all the goodies detailed inside???
    05-12-15 11:10 PM
    Copy and Paste on my passport is very nice and simple, if you ask me the 3 row capacitive keyboard is a great way to do things, and going back to outdated methods for ungrateful people will not fix things.
    Just curious, how does copy and paste work on a PP?

And what's with that big magnifying glass that pops up? I still haven't figured that thing out...
    05-12-15 11:12 PM
    Well, you see, you wouldn't have this issue if you didn't use the trackpad.

But soooooo many people asked for that archaic method of input back, that Blackberry listened to their customers. People who now complain their old phones were still better, and who refuse to learn how to use modern technology.

Nevermind that the trackpad isn't made nor well optimized for the OS.

Copy and Paste on my passport is very nice and simple, if you ask me the 3 row capacitive keyboard is a great way to do things, and going back to outdated methods for ungrateful people will not fix things.

So I'm glad you have your trackpad back. Stop complaining.

Work Wide and Prosper
    Dummy I never lost my trackpad or desired to have one, I wasn't vying a Q10 because it didn't have "outdated" trackpad and hardware etc.....

You assume to know me i'm not loyal to any brand or company i'm loyal to myself and my desires. I wanted a Classic because I wanted one,Not because RIM "finally" released a trackpad lmao

I don't like calling people stupid but I don't like lying either.My post was about the lack of a hardware shortcut that actually could/would/should apply to any device with a physical keyboard, regardless to the input method variations.
    Much like most the Internet it's full of zealots such as yourself

And your antiquated followers who jus love your missive of a retort which wasn't anything more than me a keyboard user question why I can't copy n paste with the keyboard....has nothing to do with the trackpad +_+

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Carrtman likes this.
    05-13-15 02:06 AM
    Why are you so harsh to him? The toolbelt+ trackpad implemitation on the old Bolds is the best!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    I'm not a him............

And he's an ***** i'm not complaining nor am I some peon who gets bent out of shape or "on a team" lmao he feels like he belongs because he has a non proportionate 3 row on the heavy side carpel tunnel niche device lmao when I just wanted a phone........again I'm not pressed! I just wondered why we can't get that option in one of these frivolous updates they stay sending out and what an oversight it was not having it at launch, I realized it didn't work when I actually tried to use it and it failed lol argh RIM

He sounds like an iFone user bashin compartamentalizin n bein pretentious @ anything lol a sign of the times...
    Sooooooooo because you feel like you elevated because you wield a passport lmao.........oh jus be quiet

05-13-15 02:11 AM
    Um, because:
    Alt+v = ?
    Alt+x = 8
    Alt+c = 9

Well if you read to completion you'd see how dumb your post is....

Listen you idiots who spend all this time arguing and defending with strangers lmao get a life, I wish I had your time

I seldom post because the dummies are in abundance

Do you know how many threads I pass over and not post o_O because I don't care and if I truly was taken aback as I often am, I don't make my presence known

My post are neutral and should only attract those with similar perspectives. I don't post to feel important, I don't need your validation, and I don't care to reply to someone's post if I'm not feelin it I just keep it moving. It's your type of thinking why we need police and site moderators

But your lame attempt at sarcasm has plagued my segum. Yawwwwn

I KNOW YOU CARE !

05-13-15 02:17 AM
    SOooooooooooooo

What's the point of this great keyboard if there isn't a hardware shortcut to copy/paste text

I.E alt+v
    alt+x
    alt+c
    (Held down of course) to paste/cut/copy

This would be a great feature on Classic!

Posted via  the smooth BlackBerry Classic 
    eji930 likes this.
    05-13-15 03:44 AM
    I simply dont get why alt+c would be better than double tapping the blackberry key next to the trackpad!? Or holding shift to mark and then pressing trackpad twice for copy or x for cut...

Same for paste. Double tap blackberry key for paste or double tap trackpad... some people will never stop le complain...

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 05:41 AM
    LMAO! Wow, this has turned hilarious...

05-13-15 11:45 AM
    OP & kirson - the shortcut was mentioned in post #2 by korpulenteskind.

First, select a word then press the menu button twice (as quick as you want) for copy. Then move to where you want to paste, and press menu button twice again.

It's very easy, and efficient.
    05-13-15 12:41 PM
    Yah, absolutely no reason... except the fact that those combinations are already used to type things. And no, they shouldn't make it so while something is highlighted that those things are replaced with those functions because sometimes you highlight to replace the text with something else. Highlighting text isn't exclusively for copying and cutting you know...

Very true. Perhaps a menu drawer that can emerge from the right of the screen would work better.

Highlighting phone numbers could use a menu drawer fuction as well. Something not so small and always in the same spoot.

As it stands, it's kind of inconsistent. Highlight actions could use a change.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 01:17 PM
    Well, you see, you wouldn't have this issue if you didn't use the trackpad.

But soooooo many people asked for that archaic method of input back, that Blackberry listened to their customers. People who now complain their old phones were still better, and who refuse to learn how to use modern technology.

Nevermind that the trackpad isn't made nor well optimized for the OS.

So I'm glad you have your trackpad back. Stop complaining.

Work Wide and Prosper
    Oh please, give me a break. If you are a company that makes keyboard phones (the only keyboard phones in the market right now), then you should probably be on your A game about it. If BlackBerry wanted us to not use an "archaic" phone then they shouldn't have ever released a keyboard phone in the first place. Except that they did and it was the Q10, which many felt had problems because the OS didn't really require physical keys. The BlackBerry Classic was the answer to that issue, except a lot of useful features (like copy/paste) still are below expectations.

For the price, the specs were underwhelming and people just wanted a keyboard phone that was better optimized for OS than the Q10. In my opinion, the BlackBerry Classic is better than the Q10, but it's still not where it should be. I don't know how that's the consumers fault. If BlackBerry really wanted to be "modern" then they could have abandoned the keyboard phones altogether (which they didn't). Since they didn't, BlackBerry owners expect excellence.

*****, if you don't have high standards (reasonable ones) then something is wrong with you. I doubt people are into BlackBerry and expect "eh" standards.

Posted via CB10
    kirson, Soapm, eji930 and 1 others like this.
    05-13-15 01:36 PM
    Oh please, give me a break. If you are a company that makes keyboard phones (the only keyboard phones in the market right now), then you should probably be on your A game about it. If BlackBerry wanted us to not use an "archaic" phone then they shouldn't have ever released a keyboard phone in the first place. Except that they did and it was the Q10, which many felt had problems because the OS didn't really require physical keys. The BlackBerry Classic was the answer to that issue, except a lot of useful features (like copy/paste) still are below expectations.

For the price, the specs were underwhelming and people just wanted a keyboard phone that was better optimized for OS than the Q10. In my opinion, the BlackBerry Classic is better than the Q10, but it's still not where it should be. I don't know how that's the consumers fault. If BlackBerry really wanted to be "modern" then they could have abandoned the keyboard phones altogether (which they didn't). Since they didn't, BlackBerry owners expect excellence.

*****, if you don't have high standards (reasonable ones) then something is wrong with you. I doubt people are into BlackBerry and expect "eh" standards.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you see, the issue is that the classic isn't really better than the Q10, it's at best the same, not better. I would daresay worse because of the trackpad.

Blackberry was going to make only touch phones, then sooooo many people asked for keyboards, that they brought them back.

That's ok, people really wanted them, they got them.

However one thing is keyboards, the other is a trackpad. Keyboards, expecially the nice capacitive ones are good, they are useful.

The trackpad is a pos.

Work Wide and Prosper
    05-13-15 02:25 PM
    Well, you see, the issue is that the classic isn't really better than the Q10, it's at best the same, not better. I would daresay worse because of the trackpad.

Blackberry was going to make only touch phones, then sooooo many people asked for keyboards, that they brought them back.

That's ok, people really wanted them, they got them.

However one thing is keyboards, the other is a trackpad. Keyboards, expecially the nice capacitive ones are good, they are useful.

The trackpad is a pos.

Work Wide and Prosper
    What bbos devices have you ever used?

I don't have a clue how you brag out the capacitive kb.. it doesn't do anything the differently than the screen .. doesn't allow fine tuned controls like the trackpad. The "touch" kb, is just a gimmick and I have a hard time finding anything useful about it.

You say especially the capacitive ones are good... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure most people prefer the classic keyboard to the 3 row letter only, no alt keyboard

Don't comeback saying scrolling in landscape, cuz you can't type in landscape lol.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 05-13-15 at 10:03 PM.
    eji930 likes this.
    05-13-15 09:52 PM

I don't have a clue how you brag out the capacitive kb.. it doesn't do anything the differently than the screen .. doesn't allow fine tuned controls like the trackpad. The "touch" kb, is just a gimmick and I have a hard time finding anything useful about it.

You say especially the capacitive ones are good... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure most people prefer the classic keyboard to the 3 row letter only, no alt keyboard

Don't comeback saying scrolling in landscape, cuz you can't type in landscape lol.

Everything about it is better. Use it and learn.

If people prefer the 4 row over the 3, then they don't understand it.

It provides more than enough fine control, it's getting more features, and it's a superior input method.

Have fun with something "classic". We'll enjoy our modern things.

Work Wide and Prosper
    05-13-15 10:35 PM

Yah, I don't know how some of these people think. I went from 2 BBOS phones, Q10, and now Classic and the return of the trackpad is awesome. I guess if he doesn't know how to best make use of it in addition to the features and interface of BB10 then I guess he could feel that way... But that's not the fault of the phone...

Soapm likes this.
    05-13-15 10:40 PM

It provides more than enough fine control, it's getting more features, and it's a superior input method.

Work Wide and Prosper
    Traslation: none?

05-15-15 09:53 AM

Work Wide and Prosper
    If you took lessons on how to be condescending, let me tell you that you are doing great work! The rampage against a fellow BlackBerry device like the Classic also earned you a first place award in the lack of respect category. Winner - Gagnant!
    kirson likes this.
    05-15-15 10:58 AM
    Yeah, sucks the shortcuts are absent. Hope they are put back in soon with an OS update.
    05-26-15 09:57 PM
    Just press shift and hold it down while highlighting with the track pad. Then tap copy. To paste, click in the area you want and tap paste. Seems pretty simple to me. And the track pad makes it a lot easier to get the text you want.

Posted via CB10
    Soapm likes this.
    05-26-15 10:53 PM
    yeah! UGHHH Copy/Paste!!!
    Dedicated shortcut like old bb is the best and consistent.
    Than the bb classic menu button or double click that keep changing between copy / paste.
    it's just unreliable, because keep changing. Shame.

For example, you copy the wrong text,
    and then you want to repeat to copy the new highlight, it can't be done with the doubleclick.
    Because you can't copy and copy again with the doubleclick (already changed to paste).

It was the fun idea of having back muscle memory with the physical keyboard that beats the touchscreen keyboard.
    You can types while walking. You can even type without looking. One thing you can't do with touchscreen keyboard.

The same idea with the dedicated shortcut on OLD bb:
    alt+trackpad = copy
    shift+trackpad = paste.
    It's always there, no matter what, you can count on it.
    Not with something that keep changing back/forth between copy/paste.
    And worsen for the 'extra one step click', for one is too many for everyhour/day.

Just because of this copy paste 'small thing', that's why after tried so many new models of bb, i keep coming back to old bb os7.
    I think I could be the most loyal old bb user in the world, for i have used 4 bold, 6 dakota, 4 onyxs, 2 curve, and currently amstrong (i even stocked 2 brandnew amstrong because of bb os7 rarity and extinction). Most of my phones died because i'm a sea lover. which the phone hates saltwater. LOL
    Its been a joke among my friends, that i always brings one newest expensive gadget, and one oldest cheapest bb. I dont care.
    Because not one single gadget out there no matter $1000 or $2000 that can beats my old bb7 typing friendly.
    #DontKillOs7
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-16-16 04:00 PM
48 12