Ah yeah backups and transfer are never great. backup device. Wipe. Use and see if there is a difference. Then restore if there isn't I would wager as the previous person said that something was brought over from the dead Classic. Especially if it is different os version.

Or use the classic again bring it to the same os as the passport se.
    Backup then restore. Backup from say 10.1 doesn't translate well to like 10.3 for example.
    12-23-16 07:21 PM
    I'd rather not have to do a clean install...and then add app after app. There's a reason I do back-ups! Those also include wifi passwords, settings, app permissions etc. Never had issues with restoring before.

I fear I might even have a physical problem. Here's a pick of my battery health:

if 46% is indeed true that sucks.

CB10 on my Passport SE
    Battery health at 46%? For a new device, anything under 90% is a problem.
    Any chance of making a Warranty claim? What you've been sold doesn't seem to be of 'Acceptable quality'.

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    12-23-16 08:46 PM
    Battery health at 46%? For a new device, anything under 90% is a problem.
    Any chance of making a Warranty claim? What you've been sold doesn't seem to be of 'Acceptable quality'.

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    I got it used...device is less than a year old as I have the original papers.

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-24-16 04:26 AM
    I got it used...device is less than a year old as I have the original papers.

CB10 on my Passport SE
    Less then 12months, then it would still be under manufactures (via it's retailer intermediary) warranty. There's a reason for 12 month manufactures warranty, inevitably something slips past Quality Control and manifests itself later down the track.

If you've got the original proof of purchase, do you think you could pass yourself off as the original owner? Retailers generally accept proof of purchase as proof of ownership without ID checks, at least in my country. You could even say the Original Owner is your friend who gave this Passport to you as a gift 8 or so months ago.

If I was in your position I'd say to the retailer: here's my proof of purchase, the device you sold to me less then 12 months ago is not fit for it's purpose, is not of acceptable quality, has a major fault and while I'm not looking for a refund, I would just like a repair (new battery) or exchange of like for like.

Good luck! And Merry Christmas!!

12-24-16 07:33 AM
    Less then 12months, then it would still be under manufactures (via it's retailer intermediary) warranty. There's a reason for 12 month manufactures warranty, inevitably something slips past Quality Control and manifests itself later down the track.

If you've got the original proof of purchase, do you think you could pass yourself off as the original owner? Retailers generally accept proof of purchase as proof of ownership without ID checks, at least in my country. You could even say the Original Owner is your friend who gave this Passport to you as a gift 8 or so months ago.

If I was in your position I'd say to the retailer: here's my proof of purchase, the device you sold to me less then 12 months ago is not fit for it's purpose, is not of acceptable quality, has a major fault and while I'm not looking for a refund, I would just like a repair (new battery) or exchange of like for like.

Good luck! And Merry Christmas!!

I too want to see if the battery falls under the warranty...as you said there's a reason for that.

Merry Christmas to you too.

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-24-16 07:47 AM
    Definitely something askew with your Passport and the backup. As unsavory as a wipe is I would recommend it with a fresh reload. Best of luck and Merry Christmas-

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    12-24-16 11:21 AM
31 12