I got my Classic right after it hit the German market. It was close to the end of Dezember of 2014...

I think it was the 19.12 when I entered a German tech shop (saturn) here in Frankfurt. I had followed the arrival of the Classic closely here on CB. The joy of playing with it for the first time...so nice.

Although I already had bought lots of presents, and was due to flight to England the next day i thought: what the heck...ill buy it any how...so I can do it now and have it over Xmas. Right decision. For me it is the best phone I have ever had, and was looking forward to 'celebrate' the two year anniversary .... But the it happened.

Yesterday I dropped my Classic...in a very bad way. Here are the results:

Attachment 414129
    Still OK...?

Two years...so close-16402.jpg
    But the I noticed...no sound. It had landed directly on the right speaker.

....so now I am thinking about getting one again. Have ordered a passport se, which will arrive tomorrow. But I wonder if I will get used to it. Classic is such a nice device.
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    12-12-16 03:38 PM
    So sorry to hear (see) that! That's why I always put my phones in a sturdy case even before I update them. Make sure to get a case for your Passport.
    12-12-16 05:18 PM
    So sorry to hear (see) that! That's why I always put my phones in a sturdy case even before I update them. Make sure to get a case for your Passport.
    Cases are practical yes. But the passport looks so good without one ;-)

BTW: I have a backup of my classic data. I want to have the same apps, background, ringtone etc. on the passport. Anybody know - or can give a link - how one can easily get this done/transfered?
    12-12-16 05:33 PM
    LOL but it won't look so good when it smashes from you dropping it again.
    12-12-16 05:46 PM
    Priorities..had my Classic free and nice for nearly two years ;-)
    12-12-16 05:48 PM
    LOL that makes no sense but ok. Lol.
    12-12-16 05:50 PM
    LOL that makes no sense but ok. Lol.
    Makes no sense to you because you don't understand it.

Accidents happens.. phones after all are daily usage devices, not (at least to most) collectors items.

So you can enjoy the beauty of your devices on a daily basis...or pack it up, and never appreciate it really.
    Ecm and bh7171 like this.
    12-12-16 05:57 PM
    No, I totally got it but that's the point - accidents do happen and to prevent something from happening to the SE, it would be good to cover it with a case so you don't repeat the damage. Anyway I hope you enjoy the new phone. Much faster and much nicer than the Classic, IMHO.
    12-12-16 06:45 PM
    That's quite the damage from a drop. Was it also stepped on or run over somehow? It would take more than a drop to bend that frame that much I would think.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 09:25 PM
    I didn't think you could break the Classic
    Lord know I couldn't
    12-15-16 12:06 PM
    Cases are practical yes. But the passport looks so good without one ;-)

BTW: I have a backup of my classic data. I want to have the same apps, background, ringtone etc. on the passport. Anybody know - or can give a link - how one can easily get this done/transfered?
    Backup through Link? Device switch through Link, taking the Classic backup and 'restoring' it to the new Passport, would be the best way in my opinion. That being said, it won't do all the things you require, not all settings will transfer.
    For my switch from Q10 to Classic, I went through the settings menu and other apps with both phones open side my side and making the input fields match.

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    12-19-16 05:45 AM
    Had my Classic since Jan 2015, uncased and naked the whole time.
    I admire the designers of this phone, they've resisted the pointless modern trend of making phones so stylishly thin that their users need to hide that 'beauty' in a third party case just to stop it from bending in their pockets.

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    12-19-16 05:57 AM
    Backup through Link? Device switch through Link, taking the Classic backup and 'restoring' it to the new Passport, would be the best way in my opinion. That being said, it won't do all the things you require, not all settings will transfer.
    For my switch from Q10 to Classic, I went through the settings menu and other apps with both phones open side my side and making the input fields match.

Did it with link...took my Classic backup. As you said not all settings etc were as before, but in my case only minor changes necessary. So all in all very smooth....

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-19-16 02:08 PM
    Had my Classic since Jan 2015, uncased and naked the whole time.
    I admire the designers of this phone, they've resisted the pointless modern trend of making phones so stylishly thin that their users need to hide that 'beauty' in a third party case just to stop it from bending in their pockets.

true true....got a mint condition used Classic yesterday. Could not help myself ;-)

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-19-16 02:09 PM
    Wouldn't be a difficult repair..

You would need a new rear housing, the one under the battery door.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=BeNM7qM3

You could get a new metal frame if you wanted but that one should still work.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 02:31 PM
    Makes no sense to you because you don't understand it.

Accidents happens.. phones after all are daily usage devices, not (at least to most) collectors items.

So you can enjoy the beauty of your devices on a daily basis...or pack it up, and never appreciate it really.
    I have to agree. I have a few cases I have tried and I always end up with a naked phone. My Classic just feels excellent in hand. I would be bummed if it suffered a similar fate but would be accepting for how I like to use my mobile device.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    12-21-16 10:53 AM
    I got my Classic right after it hit the German market. It was close to the end of Dezember of 2014...

I think it was the 19.12 when I entered a German tech shop (saturn) here in Frankfurt. I had followed the arrival of the Classic closely here on CB. The joy of playing with it for the first time...so nice.

Although I already had bought lots of presents, and was due to flight to England the next day i thought: what the heck...ill buy it any how...so I can do it now and have it over Xmas. Right decision. For me it is the best phone I have ever had, and was looking forward to 'celebrate' the two year anniversary .... But the it happened.

Yesterday I dropped my Classic...in a very bad way. Here are the results:

Attachment 414129
    Still OK...?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16402.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	414130
    But the I noticed...no sound. It had landed directly on the right speaker.

....so now I am thinking about getting one again. Have ordered a passport se, which will arrive tomorrow. But I wonder if I will get used to it. Classic is such a nice device.
    How is the SE? I have a white OG and love it for reading and such. Just never could get used too the size day in and day out.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    12-23-16 03:15 PM
    How is the SE? I have a white OG and love it for reading and such. Just never could get used too the size day in and day out.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    until now a very mixed experience. My PP has a very bad battery performance, it never last a day. Today it died on me after 5 hours...without heavy usage. I don't see speciall apps, android runtime to suck the battery.

right now I am still in the phase were I WANT to like the PP. I will give it time until after Xmas. Got a used Classic, and oh boy does this phone just feel right when I use it. So let's see if I will stay with the PP. I don't see myself selling it...at worst I will use it similar like you.

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-23-16 04:14 PM
    5 hrs? hmm there is something wrong. I can have it play video for 5 hr with screen on constantly and i can probably get more than 5 hrs.
    12-23-16 04:25 PM
    until now a very mixed experience. My PP has a very bad battery performance, it never last a day. Today it died on me after 5 hours...without heavy usage. I don't see speciall apps, android runtime to suck the battery.

right now I am still in the phase were I WANT to like the PP. I will give it time until after Xmas. Got a used Classic, and oh boy does this phone just feel right when I use it. So let's see if I will stay with the PP. I don't see myself selling it...at worst I will use it similar like you.

CB10 on my Passport SE
    Open device manager and see what app is using more than usual..

Two years...so close-img_20161223_142834.png

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 04:28 PM
    5 hrs? hmm there is something wrong. I can have it play video for 5 hr with screen on constantly and i can probably get more than 5 hrs.
    I do believe you...and you are not alone. Many PP users seem to get 2 days+ out of the devise. It's just I am not one of them, and it also seem I am not alone. The key question is: What is wrong?

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-23-16 04:29 PM
    Open device manager and see what app is using more than usual..

Posted via CB10

Did this several times, don't see things that seem -at least to me - out of the ordinary, like some app draining the battery. Here is the usage after my last charge:

Two years...so close-img_20161223_234138.png

So it's display, system, standby...

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-23-16 04:46 PM
    factory wipe it. update what you are able to on the OS front. load one email and let it sync then watch. next day load another email/app etc...
    12-23-16 06:20 PM
    Did this several times, don't see things that seem -at least to me - out of the ordinary, like some app draining the battery. Here is the usage after my last charge:

So it's display, system, standby...

CB10 on my Passport SE
    Two options. Try and wait for the OS to 'settle' while it synchronises. Or it could've been a bug brought across from the device switch backup. Hard to tell.
    If you have the time and patience, maybe try using the 10.3.3 autoloader. It'll get you onto the latest OS version, it'll be a clean install so no bugs will carry over. Then setup the device manually, no backups, no switching.
    My advice, try and wait out the week and hope the background processes settle down.

12-23-16 06:54 PM
    Two options. Try and wait for the OS to 'settle' while it synchronises. Or it could've been a bug brought across from the device switch backup. Hard to tell.
    If you have the time and patience, maybe try using the 10.3.3 autoloader. It'll get you onto the latest OS version, it'll be a clean install so no bugs will carry over. Then setup the device manually, no backups, no switching.
    My advice, try and wait out the week and hope the background processes settle down.

I'd rather not have to do a clean install...and then add app after app. There's a reason I do back-ups! Those also include wifi passwords, settings, app permissions etc. Never had issues with restoring before.

I fear I might even have a physical problem. Here's a pick of my battery health:

Two years...so close-img_20161224_014349_edit.png

if 46% is indeed true that sucks.

CB10 on my Passport SE
    Attached Thumbnails Two years...so close-img_20161224_014349.png  
    12-23-16 07:04 PM
31 12