So this thread is a follow up to my one month thread, located here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eview-1033097/

I won't post the full review again but you can reference that one for my updates.

All my positives stay the same, however I am a bit less impressed by the battery than I was at first. For the first month or so, as dumb as this sounds, I kinda shy'd away from using the phone a lot, because I was almost "scared" of it in a way hah, I guess new phone syndrome, scared to drop it or damage it or something. Now that I've started using it for a lot more, I notice that battery drains amazingly fast when just doing basic stuff on the phone. Leaving the phone idle, the battery seems to last forever. But you start doing anything, from texting, all the way up to using the GPS or web browsing, and that battery drops easily 10 times faster. The phone also gets pretty warm to the touch, particularly the back where the BB icon is during use. Obviously this is expected when using the phone, but the rate at which it drops is astounding while in use. Once I stop using it, and the phone cools off, the battery goes back to draining very slowly.

For the browser I gotta say it is a lot better than I realized at first. Especially once I discovered the private browser and after the user @paulwallace1234 here was kind enough to make a shortcut straight to it for me. I have now hidden the primary browser icon and use private browsing only. I recently had to go on travel for work, and had some terrible flight delays/cancellations, and I'll tell you, using that browser to check United flights, check in, fill out change forms etc. online was made about 150 billion times easier than it would have been on the Bold 9930. That browser was guaranteed headache induced misery. The Classic browser basically puts you on par with a PC, or at the very least a tablet browser...in my pocket.

My negatives are mostly the same as the above mentioned thread, however I would move the HUB into the "neutral" category. I only have 2 email accounts (one of which is for work and only used when I connect VPN, which is about...never since it murders the battery) so the HUB basically only exists for that one email account. Everything else I do from the dedicated apps and basically ignore the hub, including composing new messages. Doing it this way makes me hate the hub a lot less since I am basically able to ignore it entirely.

The big change from my one month review is that I popped my Android/SNAP app cherry. This has come with varying results.

One the one hand, having access to these apps like Netflix, Playstation, AmEx, Nest, Dropcam, Skype, and more is awesome. There are some quirks to them, such as getting an annoying google play prompt when opening some of them, but they all work very well. I couldn't believe when the Netflix app started playing a show without any trouble. Figured there was no way it would actually work hah.

On the other hand, the Android apps seem to have an issue where they don't like to quit running when closed, even if they don't have permissions to run while minimized or in the background. Having this happens basically puts the phone into a state where its always in use, and the battery drains accordingly. I saw my average of 48 hour battery with light use drop to 12 hours one day where I hardly touched it.

Restarting the phone fixes it, but one thing I did NOT miss from my Bold 9930 was the multiple times a day battery pulls. This is much easier than that, but is still a nuisance.

All in all though, I am very happy with the Classic and happy I made the switch. The beautiful blue chassis, along with the awesome grated feel of the back, and the gorgeous screen alone make it worth dealing with some of the oddities and cruddy points of the device. Not quite ready to say its better than the Bold 9930, but for the modern age, it's a must have over the 9930 IMO.

P.S. two months in and I still have the clear plastic film on the screen, as well as the ones on the back "classic" part where the camera is, and on the trackpad lol. Just can't break the new phone feeling and bring myself to remove the plastic!
    Last edited by CobaltClassic007; 09-21-15 at 12:58 PM.
    TheBirdDog and marcin.warmuz like this.
    09-21-15 12:46 PM
    Once the Android app is minimized, long press on the X (lower right on window) and that will kill the app. Hope this helps.

 Classic
    CobaltClassic007 likes this.
    09-21-15 01:25 PM
    Once the Android app is minimized, long press on the X (lower right on window) and that will kill the app. Hope this helps.

 Classic
    Interesting, never knew that was a thing. Just tried it and it seemed to close the app a bit differently. Will give it a shot.

Thanks!
    09-21-15 02:00 PM
    Two months with my Blue Classic... Boxed since original unboxing with the exception of upgrading to .2474... Blue just isn't my color... Never hurts to have an extra Berry or 2 on standby though...
    Two Month with Blue Classic Review-img_20150921_182718.jpg
    Two Month with Blue Classic Review-img_20150921_182650.jpg
    Two Month with Blue Classic Review-img_20150921_182644.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 05:35 PM
    Two months with my Blue Classic... Boxed since original unboxing with the exception of upgrading to .2474... Blue just isn't my color... Never hurts to have an extra Berry or 2 on standby though...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150921_182718.jpg 
Views:	1040 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	372428

Name:	IMG_20150921_182650.jpg 
Views:	1031 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	372429

Name:	IMG_20150921_182644.jpg 
Views:	1030 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	372430

Posted via CB10
    The cobalt looks rather sleek!

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    09-22-15 10:15 AM
    How did you get the private browsing shortcut?

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-22-15 07:40 PM
    How did you get the private browsing shortcut?

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    A forum member here, @PaulWallace1234 created one.

http://www.allstarsoftware.co.uk/Pri...er-1_0_0_1.bar
    09-23-15 07:27 AM