To this day, if I see the brand names of 8-Track players on anything, I throw up a little
    My dad had an 8-track recorder. I kid not. He would make them from albums for the car. I believe it had inputs for the L/R channel, but I could never hear stereo from those things.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-08-15 01:30 PM
    I never saw a recorder... wow. That's taking bad tech one step too far!

I forgot about the guaranteed-to-garble-your-tape-fast-forward and lack of rewind (just fast forward through the endless loop!). Nevermind how you were supposed to get the tape back in if the machine ate it....

It's good that it died when it did, else we might have been forced to bear what no one should ever even contemplate: the 8-track walkman.

I plead guilty to going off-topic.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 02-08-15 at 10:42 PM.
    MGDania likes this.
    02-08-15 01:49 PM
    I can never get used to iPhone, had one & was swapping it between my 9900 & after a while I threw the iPhone away.

Now I'm having an iPad & a Z10. I just prefer to do everything with my Z10 & if I can't I'll go to my PC... don't know why I still charge my iPad once a month or two... coz I've not touched it in a while.

Posted via CB10
    I am currently using Bold 9900, iPhone 6 and iPad Air2. I have been using 9900 for many years but believe that iPhone is easier to use. I will keep 9900 because it complements Apple products nicely but I do not believe that any current Blackberry product can efficiently replace iPhone-Bold 9900 combo.
    02-08-15 05:10 PM
    I am currently using Bold 9900, iPhone 6 and iPad Air2. I have been using 9900 for many years but believe that iPhone is easier to use. I will keep 9900 because it complements Apple products nicely but I do not believe that any current Blackberry product can efficiently replace iPhone-Bold 9900 combo.
    Honestly if the iPhone is easier to use than your Bold 9900 I fail to see how BB10 becomes more difficult. It's a modern OS and if you figure out one, you can figure them all.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    02-08-15 08:57 PM
    It's all about consistency and efficiency - something BlackBerry needs to master if it is to compete with the other giants.

At the moment there are three locations for settings, two of which appear interchangeable (a good example: hub settings and BlackBerry Messenger settings are in different locations - yet these are baked into the OS. Why the confusion?

There are inconsistent issues with the hard End Call button.

The back button in the browser works perfectly and steps back as it should. Back button in the Hub always stops short of the hub hamburger menu. Why?

These maybe minor things to those of us who are excited about BlackBerry trying to make a comeback. But for those who are not brand loyal, it is a real irritation and it will damage BlackBerry.
    02-09-15 03:28 AM
    At the moment there are three locations for settings, two of which appear interchangeable (a good example: hub settings and BlackBerry Messenger settings are in different locations - yet these are baked into the OS. Why the confusion?
    Agreed. There is no need to show quick settings instead of hub settings when swiping down from the top in the hub. In particular, since quick settings can now be opened by two finger swipe from within any app.

There are inconsistent issues with the hard End Call button.
    This is the biggest issue that needs instant resolution. The end call always has to end a call, on the first push.
    02-09-15 05:58 AM
    What may not have come across in my original post is that I love BB..... that's why I'm so disappointed with bb10.
    The simpletons out there saying 'you just need to get used to it', yeah I'm sure I could get used to public transport to, but having a car is much more convenient. My point is, ok I've only had the phone for nearly 2 weeks, but the OS is a mess. They tried to do too much, which hurt the OS by over complicating (almost) everything. Customising the phone is very important for my needs, so the device can be a quick and efficient tool. Honestly you can't even set separate icons on the home screen for different email accounts, what the? Please don't point at the hub to deal with my emails, it is NOT easier than having separate icons when you have multiple email accounts. At least give us the option.
    As I said before, and I still feel the same way, the menus and settings are absurd, they made simple navigation a hot mess. Some a switch icons, some you have to tick, some options you have to save, others you don't, some settings are swipe right, swipe down, press menu, press icon blah blah. Yeah yeah I will get used to them but let me tell you die hards, there is more at stake than hearing me 'whinge', its the company that's going to suffer, they've got your business, yes, but that is not nearly enough. If anyone has any idea about business, you need customers and to get them, you have to satisfy there needs and wants. Sadly 'this ain't gonna cut it'.
    Last edited by TinMan555; 02-09-15 at 06:57 AM. Reason: grammar
    mfurman likes this.
    02-09-15 06:38 AM
    With the classic I feel the same way I did with the Q10 on 10.1. Things arent very polished right now and it will take some time until the toolbelt is properly implemented into BB10.

I think this is a winner tho. So happy to have the toolbelt back. Looking forward to further iterations and refinements that better utilize the toolbelt and keyboard.

Like others have said, menus need fixing. Holding the "BB" key should bring down quick settings from anywhere in the OS. And the swipe down from the top to bring down the in app settings should be removed. Anything in that top menu should be moved to the overflow button which would be accessible from a single click of the "BB" button.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 06:41 AM
    What may not have come across in my original post is that I love BB..... that's why I'm so disappointed with bb10.
    The simpletons out there saying 'you just need to get used to it', yeah I'm sure I could get used to public transport to, but having a car is much more convenient. My point is, ok I've only had the phone for nearly 2 weeks, but the OS is a mess. They tried to do too much, which hurt the OS by over complicating (almost) everything. Customising the phone is very important for my needs, so the device can be a quick and efficient tool. Honestly you can't even set separate icons on the home screen for different email accounts, what the? Please don't point at the hub to deal with my emails, it is NOT easier than having separate icons when you have multiple email accounts. At least give us the option.
    As I said before, and I still feel the same way, the menus and settings are absurd, they made simple navigation a hot mess. Some a switch icons, some you have to tick, some options you have to save, others you don't, some settings are swipe right, swipe down, press menu, press icon blah blah. Yeah yeah I will get used to them but let me tell you die hards, there is more at stake than hearing me 'whinge', its the company that's going to suffer, they've got your business, yes, but that is not nearly enough. If anyone has any idea about business, you need customers and to get them, you have to satisfy there needs and wants. Sadly 'this ain't gonna cut it'.
    There is not a lot more to say than this:

BB10 is not for you. Or, you are not for BB10.
    And, if BB10 was such a mess and absurd (your words), then I would have stopped using it some time ago already. Because I am one of the simpletons out there, and I have never been too keen on digging into over complicated matters.
    02-09-15 07:48 AM
    Honestly you can't even set separate icons on the home screen for different email accounts, what the? Please don't point at the hub to deal with my emails, it is NOT easier than having separate icons when you have multiple email accounts. At least give us the option.
    I wasn't happy with the hub either. I didn't want the information from all of my accounts jumbled together. So this is what I did:

1. Move the hub icon into a folder (just so you don't have it out in view anymore -- you're about to kill it for all practical purposes).
    2. Go into the hub > settings > hub management -- and change each account to "Show in Separate Account Only"
    3. Go to BlackBerry World and purchase "Shortcut Creator" -- it's $2.99 -- but it does what you need it to do.
    4. Create "Account" shortcuts to each of your email accounts.

Now you'll have separate account icons for each email account, which you can place on your home screen. I have the text message icon on my home screen too. Just tap the icons to go to the respective accounts, as usual.

Then make a mental shift: think of the sideways swipe not as "this takes me to the hub" but "this takes me back to the last account I had open." Once you've side-swiped, of course, you can also change between accounts using the icon in the bottom left of the 'taskbar'.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 02-09-15 at 10:20 AM.
    02-09-15 09:25 AM
    Agreed. There is no need to show quick settings instead of hub settings when swiping down from the top in the hub. In particular, since quick settings can now be opened by two finger swipe from within any app.

This is the biggest issue that needs instant resolution. The end call always has to end a call, on the first push.
    It does end the call on the first press if you are within the phone app. The software we use has evolved not the physical buttons... this isn't a issue more so a complaint from a few people. Logically it makes sense. It would be a waste of functionality to limit the end call button to only ending a call.....and seriously two quick presses and wham the call is ended if for whatever reason you leave the phone app, and again just one press if you stay in the phone app..........i think it's great the software recognizes you are on a call and brings you back to the app once you press the end call button

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    L o r d R a j likes this.
    02-09-15 10:04 PM
    Soundhound is a good alternative to shazam, actually I like it much better

Posted via CB10
    TinMan555 likes this.
    02-09-15 10:52 PM
    I wasn't happy with the hub either. I didn't want the information from all of my accounts jumbled together. So this is what I did:

1. Move the hub icon into a folder (just so you don't have it out in view anymore -- you're about to kill it for all practical purposes).
    2. Go into the hub > settings > hub management -- and change each account to "Show in Separate Account Only"
    3. Go to BlackBerry World and purchase "Shortcut Creator" -- it's $2.99 -- but it does what you need it to do.

Now you'll have separate account icons for each email account, which you can place on your home screen. I have the text message icon on my home screen too. Just tap the icons to go to the respective accounts, as usual.

Then make a mental shift: think of the sideways swipe not as "this takes me to the hub" but "this takes me back to the last account I had open." Once you've side-swiped, of course, you can also change between accounts using the icon in the bottom left of the 'taskbar'.

Err...

So, you remove the hub icon and pay 3 USD just for individual shortcuts to the respective email accounts?
    Perhaps it works for some. Does seem like an overkill (to me) given that you MAY have to use the selector in the hub anyway.

I honestly don't see what's so confusing / mind-wrecking about selecting the respective account from the hub. Guess that's just some of us. Different strokes...

BTW, you can always set a colour for each email account in the hub (Hub > Settings > Hub Management), so the messages can be easily identified (as to the email account they were received in). That does help. Also, you can set different tones and LED settings for the notification for each email account.

Not trying to be a jerk... just saying that I don't see how a unified hub becomes such a huge issue that it merits buying a Third-Party app to partially 'rectify'.
    Loc22 likes this.
    02-10-15 04:03 AM
    It does end the call on the first press if you are within the phone app. The software we use has evolved not the physical buttons... this isn't a issue more so a complaint from a few people. Logically it makes sense. It would be a waste of functionality to limit the end call button to only ending a call.....and seriously two quick presses and wham the call is ended if for whatever reason you leave the phone app, and again just one press if you stay in the phone app..........i think it's great the software recognizes you are on a call and brings you back to the app once you press the end call button

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    No No strong disagreement here. I was the first one to raise a flag on this issue and the first one who started a thread on this topic - therefore I followed more or less everything that was written on it here. The vast majority of users (not a few only) expects and wants the end call button to end a call regardless of what else. This is a mainly a question of productivity (Do I need to look at the phone to be sure the call is over? Is now one press only sufficient, or are 2 or additional swiping needed? etc.), and something that's in the genes of almost every phone user (yes there are still people who consider a phone a tool to making phone calls).
    Swiping and multitasking might be OK for touch screen only phones to end a call, but not for the CLassic. The whole point of bringing the end call key back was to end calls.
    Last edited by gnirkatto; 02-10-15 at 06:49 AM.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-10-15 05:37 AM
    adventure??? its more like struggling!

learning curve? i have had Q10 for a year and still made plenty of mistakes with swiping, what a disaster!
    TinMan555 likes this.
    02-10-15 06:42 AM
    Not trying to be a jerk... just saying that I don't see how a unified hub becomes such a huge issue that it merits buying a Third-Party app to partially 'rectify'.
    I never saw this as a negative. I saw it as a positive. This is one aspect of BB10 that you can customize to suit your preferences. With the shortcuts on your home screen, it takes one touch to get to your destination, and you see only the messages you want to see -- if you want to see your messages from one account at a time. I do.

If you, on the other hand, want to see all of your messages mixed together (colour-coded or not), or to use multiple gestures to get to the messages for one account, then the system is set up perfectly for you, and no change is necessary.

Everyone thinks and organizes information differently. That's why customization is positive, and at this point, the customizable attributes of BB10 are still a long way behind other platforms. So to me, when options DO exist, we should be sharing them.
    02-10-15 09:45 AM
    I've used the Bold 9930 and then the Q10, I managed it well. It is what you make of it...

I use Q10, Z10, and Z30 and they are all great!

Posted via Zelda the Z10
    02-10-15 10:42 AM
    No No strong disagreement here. I was the first one to raise a flag on this issue and the first one who started a thread on this topic - therefore I followed more or less everything that was written on it here. The vast majority of users (not a few only) expects and wants the end call button to end a call regardless of what else. This is a mainly a question of productivity (Do I need to look at the phone to be sure the call is over? Is now one press only sufficient, or are 2 or additional swiping needed? etc.), and something that's in the genes of almost every phone user (yes there are still people who consider a phone a tool to making phone calls).
    Swiping and multitasking might be OK for touch screen only phones to end a call, but not for the CLassic. The whole point of bringing the end call key back was to end calls.
    My experience with my BlackBerry & all other phones I use is to press the end call button whether it is a physical or soft button. I'm not sure if I'm understanding you guys correctly, is it that you just want to press the phone to end call?

Well even on an iPhone or Android phone you still need to press the end call button. Otherwise it will definitely perform the task that is assigned to the button you press. I think that is pretty standard.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:38 PM
    My experience with my BlackBerry & all other phones I use is to press the end call button whether it is a physical or soft button. I'm not sure if I'm understanding you guys correctly, is it that you just want to press the phone to end call?

Well even on an iPhone or Android phone you still need to press the end call button. Otherwise it will definitely perform the task that is assigned to the button you press. I think that is pretty standard.

Posted via CB10
    On the Classic, there are certain scenarios when you have to press the physical end call button more than once in order to end a call. In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others that exchanged opinions here in this forum, this is not correct. Pressing end call should always end the call, on the first press.
    02-11-15 04:05 AM
    I think this phone hits the mark. I'm one of the people who loved their Bolds. I've had an iphone and galaxy and really didn't like the touch screens, went back to a bold and was happier. I thought the Q was the answer, but after 6 months I went back to my beloved bold once again. When I bought my classic I set things up in minutes because I was already familiar with BB10 and I feel right at home. The internet speed is way faster. The browsing is an improvement, which I couldn't say about the Q and the phone reception is excellent as I expect from a premium blackberry device. I have all the things I loved about my Bold and all the newer features I wanted that caused me to try other devices in the past. My only complaint is the non-removeable battery as I fear getting the phone wet. If I got my bold wet I pulled the battery until it dried out to prevent frying it. In short They hit almost all the marks as far as I'm concerned. Thank you mr.Chen. I have my Blackberry back without giving up a thing
    02-12-15 12:22 AM

What? You now need to buy an app to make shortcuts on screen? Seriously?
    02-13-15 03:13 AM
    BB10 is newer, Belfast! So not being able to make shortcuts MUST be progress! Sit down, be quiet, or Big Brother will send the progress police after you...
    mfurman likes this.
    02-13-15 08:54 AM
    BB10 is newer, Belfast! So not being able to make shortcuts MUST be progress! Sit down, be quiet, or Big Brother will send the progress police after you...
    also don't worry about installing 3rd party OS level apps that require all access application permissions.

Or do you or your business has to hide anything?

Main thing netflix works.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-13-15 09:28 AM
    Also gave up on Classic after a week. BB user for many yrs, last phone a 9790 which was fab, have had to get cheap nasty 9720 for to get back to OS 7, it's simple and it works well. Just need to be able to get it back in a quality chassis again.
    TinMan555 likes this.
    02-13-15 01:37 PM
    I don't find a need to fill my screens with icons that I can easily get access to by touching one icon. But whatever, if you need it to be exactly like the old devices, then it sucks you have to get an app for it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-13-15 03:33 PM
76 1234