BlackBerry 10 is so easy to use. So much easier to use than legacy BlackBerry OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 01:33 AM
    I'm finally starting to like OS10, and 10.3.1 is slowly improving over the old BOS.

But considering OS10 is new from the ground up, and putting the classic to one side, I do understand where the OP is coming from. A lot of the options and settings are all over the place and not particularly intuitive.

And even when we know where the settings are, like notifications for example, until very recently it was visually not a particularly smooth experience.

With the UI in general, the return button on the classic is very important in that it is not always obvious how to get out of a particular page or to go back - a swipe doesn't always do it.

One of the observations from many of my friends who have played around with my phone and liked like it, felt it was also a little complicated.

I'm sure things will improve though and each major OS update has substantially improved the phone.
    TinMan555 likes this.
    02-07-15 02:56 AM
    Having BB10 for a week isn't enough if you ask me. It took me a while to get used to it, but it was unfinished at the time (before it was released). Yes, there are things probably missing from BB7 (never used it), but there are things BB7 never had.
    02-07-15 05:21 AM
    As for the menus OMG. I will give you an example : click on the clock icon and you want to change the clock face. So you press the physical menu button? Nope not there. Ok press the on screen menu key? Nope not there. You actually have to swipe down from the top to find settings!? What the? 3 menu options in the native clock app? Come on, no one could convince me that is an improvement let alone convenient.
    Do we agree the clock face is a 'setting'?
    Going to settings by swyping down from the top is standard in BB10. It is very convenient to not having to scroll through menus and look for a settings icon, but rather have it in the same place, regardless of which app. What's wrong with that?
    Very clearly, this is just a matter of being willing to learn a LITTLE BIT about how BB10 works.
    02-07-15 07:30 AM
    P.S. OP your alternatives, if learning the basics of BB10 is not an option:

Android. Good luck with consistent & easy operations.
    iOS: I don't think it's THAT easy to operate as many people claim. Needs LOTS of learning and getting in and out of menus to find & remember the right options, when coming from any other platform, and wanting to dig a little deeper into its functionality. Just imho. But it might only be my own inability.
    WP8: completely different than anything else, maybe quite easy to operate, once you're familiar, but digging deeper is not really possible/not allowed.
    Stick to BBOS forever.

Good luck with making the right choice for you.
    02-07-15 07:36 AM
    Why people like you come and rant on bb10 OS in classic forum as if it just happened yesterday and the whole world has come to an end. Why don't you understand that difference between the two BlackBerry OS has been discussed in many other threads a zillion times and again you raise the subject of app world and on other issues as if it's a big mistake from BlackBerry. You have amazon store to take care of app shortcomings and as far as OS is concerned if you're unhappy with bb10 pls note that we are more than happy with bb10.

So go get a life!!! Upgrade or change to IOS or android or anything else which makes u happy rather than ranting here.

Simple!!!

Posted via CB10
    eji930 likes this.
    02-07-15 07:56 AM
    I have shazam on my Classic.

 Classic
    02-07-15 08:38 AM
    Put the sound clip of those kids counting on your Classic. It'll help make it feel like your old device .
    TinMan555 likes this.
    02-07-15 11:04 AM
    TinMan or StrawMan?
    02-07-15 11:16 AM
    One man's opinion of course.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-07-15 01:03 PM
    forgot already what i was reading bummer moving on now

Darn u little passport best damn phone on the market my opinion
    02-07-15 05:53 PM
    That's so funny. You used it barely a week and you say it's no good. well you have to use BB10 for a few weeks or more before your comfortable with it. After that it's no going back to whatever you had before. trust me! Sure there are devices with no learning curve, but they lack a lot of amazing features the BB 10 Os has.
    02-07-15 06:07 PM

So go get a life!!! Upgrade or change to IOS or android or anything else which makes u happy rather than ranting here.

Simple!!!

Posted via CB10
    Haha you're a funny little angry man. But you're alright by me sis89, no matter what anyone says about you.
    02-07-15 06:30 PM
    Why all the vitriole is directed at the OP is beyond me.

BB10 is very different from BBOS. In fact, the two are as different as iOS is from Android or Windows phone. Simply because they're made by the same company doesn't mean you should automatically like them both, or that you will ultimately come to like them both.

The OP is correct. The OSes work in very different ways. A lot of us have made the switch. I still like OS 7.1, and I still use my Bold 9900 as my kik device (ironic, no?) and throw my SIM in it every once in a while too. I'm not sure what other people did to get the spinning wheel all the time, but I've never had that problem. The browser is slower, and fails to render some pages, but if you don't care much about that (I use a real browser on a laptop for anything serious), and if your emphasis is on text, email, phone calls, and the odd app (like Tapatalk), there's no real reason to change. If you need a fast browser, Netflix, Instagram, etc., then you have to make a decision from among the updated alternatives -- and you might not like any of them, because BBOS's way of doing things is very well-thought-out.

I'd say, if you like your Torch, grab a screwdriver and a new housing from eBay, and make it new all over again....
    02-07-15 07:12 PM
    I'm one that loves learning new things and moving from BBOS to BB10 was a learning experience. It was one that I enjoyed. Having said that I understand some folks feeling frustrated with learning a new system and having a hard time.

Here's my advice. Use the help menus and tutorials to help you get accustomed to the new system. I know a TON of people who never use the tools that have been developed to help people. The help and tutorial apps are there for a reason. And use the Assistant if you have a question. It's fun.

I've got a Passport so my last suggestion to folks having trouble with the learning curve - think WIDE and enjoy the ride.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 08:04 PM
    Why all the vitriole is directed at the OP is beyond me.

BB10 is very different from BBOS. In fact, the two are as different as iOS is from Android or Windows phone. Simply because they're made by the same company doesn't mean you should automatically like them both, or that you will ultimately come to like them both.

The OP is correct. The OSes work in very different ways. A lot of us have made the switch. I still like OS 7.1, and I still use my Bold 9900 as my kik device (ironic, no?) and throw my SIM in it every once in a while too. I'm not sure what other people did to get the spinning wheel all the time, but I've never had that problem. The browser is slower, and fails to render some pages, but if you don't care much about that (I use a real browser on a laptop for anything serious), and if your emphasis is on text, email, phone calls, and the odd app (like Tapatalk), there's no real reason to change. If you need a fast browser, Netflix, Instagram, etc., then you have to make a decision from among the updated alternatives -- and you might not like any of them, because BBOS's way of doing things is very well-thought-out.

I'd say, if you like your Torch, grab a screwdriver and a new housing from eBay, and make it new all over again....
    The negative tone of the posts in this thread will make it easier for the OP to move away from BB to another platform, I know it would me. As others have pointed out there is a learning curve with all the mobile platforms but the question is is there enough value in BB10 to invest the time, over investing the time learning one of the other platforms? IMO if I have to invest time in learning the OS I would rather invest in learning Android or iOS. BB10 now seems to be moving more and more to being this strange Android hybrid, and the Classic is even more of a hybrid using a touch UI with the old style tool belt it was never designed to work with.
    TinMan555 and flyingsolid like this.
    02-07-15 09:26 PM
    P.S. OP your alternatives, if learning the basics of BB10 is not an option:

Android. Good luck with consistent & easy operations.
    iOS: I don't think it's THAT easy to operate as many people claim. Needs LOTS of learning and getting in and out of menus to find & remember the right options, when coming from any other platform, and wanting to dig a little deeper into its functionality. Just imho. But it might only be my own inability.
    WP8: completely different than anything else, maybe quite easy to operate, once you're familiar, but digging deeper is not really possible/not allowed.
    Stick to BBOS forever.

Good luck with making the right choice for you.
    I truly believe that IOS is much easier then any other smartphone OS.. this is why... I work for a rather large organization 30,000 or more people I have to support.. I have to support almost any phone out there. These users very from all different levels of computer knowledge. Over the time I have been doing this it is much much easier to walk people through things on iPhone/ipad over any other os on a mobile device. BB is one of the hardest people always tend to get lost in it. the same thing often happens in android - I am not posting this to discount the fact that bb or android is a bad os because its not. Most of these devices can get most of the same things accomplished just in different ways. But teaching IPHONE is way way easier especially to new users. Its nice to have a one push button to get back to the main screen etc.. people just get less confused.

That being said I have owned many smartphones from all different manufacturers and don't really claim one of them as my favorite. I like learning the new stuff and messing with any os.

The one huge downside to iPhone though is not being able to dig as deep into the os.

Anyway I could go on and on comparing the good and the bad but just thought this may help
    02-07-15 10:00 PM
    I truly believe that IOS is much easier then any other smartphone OS.. this is why... I work for a rather large organization 30,000 or more people I have to support.. I have to support almost any phone out there. These users very from all different levels of computer knowledge. Over the time I have been doing this it is much much easier to walk people through things on iPhone/ipad over any other os on a mobile device. BB is one of the hardest people always tend to get lost in it. the same thing often happens in android - I am not posting this to discount the fact that bb or android is a bad os because its not. Most of these devices can get most of the same things accomplished just in different ways. But teaching IPHONE is way way easier especially to new users. Its nice to have a one push button to get back to the main screen etc.. people just get less confused.

That being said I have owned many smartphones from all different manufacturers and don't really claim one of them as my favorite. I like learning the new stuff and messing with any os.

The one huge downside to iPhone though is not being able to dig as deep into the os.

Anyway I could go on and on comparing the good and the bad but just thought this may help
    This is a very accurate observation and mirrors my experience although I don't work in a firm of 30,000.

However, I do think with a little work on the Classic toolbelt, it could become one of the most intuitive phones to use. Whilst it it surprisingly easy to occasionally get lost in the touch OS (let's be honest we all get caught out) the classic now has the equivalent of the apple home button in the form of the End Call key and it is so easy to use.

The back key pretty much explains itself (it just needs to work properly in the hub and go all the way back to the hamburger menu before jumping prematurely to the home screen).

The menu button should be a short press for app settings, and a long press for system settings.

The phone button does what it says on the tin.

It could be so simple...
    02-08-15 03:11 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^this. If you want simple, go iphone. If you want an adventure, stay BB.
    I can never get used to iPhone, had one & was swapping it between my 9900 & after a while I threw the iPhone away.

Now I'm having an iPad & a Z10. I just prefer to do everything with my Z10 & if I can't I'll go to my PC... don't know why I still charge my iPad once a month or two... coz I've not touched it in a while.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 03:30 AM
    As for the menus OMG. I will give you an example : click on the clock icon and you want to change the clock face. So you press the physical menu button? Nope not there.

Posted via CB10
    You have to press the physical menu button a little longer to access the app settings.

A classic post via CB10 app
    02-08-15 07:09 AM

Yup I would agree iPhone is the easiest smartphone right now. I would say Windows Phone is easy too, but iPhone has the advantage of a massive user base and all the advantages that brings. iPhone also has a cool factor so people are far more willing to put up with any problems it may have. With BB you have an almost non existent user base and native app catalogue so at least 80+ percent of apps you run are Android, you don't have access to all the Android apps just the ones that don't use Google Play Services, and to top it all the Android runtime is at least two versions behind Google. Assuming you know all that but still decide to get a BB only to be frustrated by the UI I think it would be enough to send anyone running for the door, even a longtime loyal BB user.
    02-08-15 10:13 AM
    I would agree that Windows Phone is easy, but there's no helping in some cases. My father always forgets all the apps and settings are a swipe to the right, so you have to pin everything to the home screen for him. I got tired of the calls and bought him a flip phone on Boxing Day. He's happy. I'm happy.
    02-08-15 10:20 AM
    So where's the asinine comments about switching to iOS, Windows, or Android?

Or will you be staying with OS7?

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    02-08-15 11:10 AM
    Anyone know where I can buy the Hozier Album on 8 track? I don't know why the music industry keeps trying to get me to accept cassettes, wait I meant CDs, hold on they moved to mp3 right? Next thing you know they will set up something like streaming and charge a subscription fee. Fools! 8 tracks are here to stay!

Posted via CB10
    I fired up the graphophone last night, my needle broke, tried to go to Radio Shack...
    02-08-15 12:14 PM
    Anyone know where I can buy the Hozier Album on 8 track? I don't know why the music industry keeps trying to get me to accept cassettes, wait I meant CDs, hold on they moved to mp3 right? Next thing you know they will set up something like streaming and charge a subscription fee. Fools! 8 tracks are here to stay!

Posted via CB10
    .... but seriously, folks, no one mourned the lowly 8-Track. No one. Ask anyone whose favourite song was interrupted mid-song by the cha-chunk of the machine changing tracks (Really? who DOES that? Those recording engineers were partaking in the counter-culture, I think...) or who had to stick a matchbook in beside SOME tapes, but not others, so they wouldn't drag and play slow.... or who invented a complicated sequence of track shifting so they could hear only their favourite songs....

To this day, if I see the brand names of 8-Track players on anything, I throw up a little
    02-08-15 12:35 PM
76 1234