Man, its been a short trial but I think the classic is back off to Amazon for a return. I love the weight of the device and how well BB10 works on it, but in the end the one advertised strength of the device was its undoing for me -- the Keyboard. I was surprised that text correction and spell check was WORSE than on the z30. Often misspelled words were highlighted but not corrected which caused me to type slower to ensure an acceptable level of accuracy (fat thumbs!).

Well thanks for the min rant. I am still caught between devices (z30 and classic), but everytime i pick up the z30 to type and see the 5" screen im reminded that the z30 is still a bad a$$ phone and the classic may not be for me.
    12-22-14 07:58 AM
    Sorry it didn't work for you...

Spellcheck is more of a bug in the OS... as I have the same issues. But some of us can type quicker on a virtual screen than we could with a physical one... that is why having different formats is a good option.

Would just be nice if they would update the all touch to something that was REALLY and update. The RIO is going to be different... not really an update for Z10 or Z30 users.
    12-22-14 08:02 AM
    The classic is for those that love the Original BB and or are still on the 9900... Kim Kardashian/Drake.
    If you have moved on to the Z10/Z30 there is really no turning back, otherwise the Q10 would have met your needs. The Passport is the next best thing and is the future if you want PKB and screen. [+Power, +Performance].
    Otherwise it is best to stick to a Z30. A Z30 is still HW killer for BB10. Much like a PB is still better than most Android tabs to this day. Too bad the SW makes it obsolete.
    12-22-14 08:03 AM
    I might be wrong but if the Classic is truly attempting to stay true to its roots, then I would say this is by design. All keyboarded BBs have been like this. You have a physical keyboard, so you are expected to type properly and not button mash until auto correct fills in the correct word for you.

Sorry it wasn't for you.

Though, you can always create custom replacement commands so if you misspell something often you can just tell it to always correct it automatically for you. Just an option.
    Overlake, dubbsix and Lefty724 like this.
    12-22-14 08:22 AM
    Sorry it didn't work for you...

Spellcheck is more of a bug in the OS... as I have the same issues. But some of us can type quicker on a virtual screen than we could with a physical one... that is why having different formats is a good option.

Would just be nice if they would update the all touch to something that was REALLY and update. The RIO is going to be different... not really an update for Z10 or Z30 users.
    Yea i hear here you. I was never big into the physical keyboard but wanted to give it a try. If the "bug" was fixed i would probably keep it because my typos are not that drastic and I think simple spell check would fix my horrible dexterity. I think its time BB start pounding in some true hardware too. I mean when I looked at the specs of the classic to the z30 I think BB said it correctly... the phones a classic. Classic hardware.
    12-22-14 08:28 AM
    The classic is for those that love the Original BB and or are still on the 9900... Kim Kardashian/Drake.
    If you have moved on to the Z10/Z30 there is really no turning back, otherwise the Q10 would have met your needs. The Passport is the next best thing and is the future if you want PKB and screen. [+Power, +Performance].
    Otherwise it is best to stick to a Z30. A Z30 is still HW killer for BB10. Much like a PB is still better than most Android tabs to this day. Too bad the SW makes it obsolete.
    I agree. I love the z30 and the virtual keyboard is almost a mind-reader. I wanted to test out the newest device and im one of those crazy folks that will buy the latest just to test it out (thanks Amazon Prime!).
    12-22-14 08:29 AM
    It's not a bug so much as the fact that if you're typing with a physical keyboard, the tendency is to be slower, but more accurate, negating the need for the all-encompassing autocorrect that exists in all-touch devices. Most people tend to type very fast, but relatively inaccurately, on virtual keyboards, which is where the massive autocorrect comes in. These things tend to balance out where VKB diehards and PKB diehards type at about the same speed, just in different ways.

I can definitely see how that's not a transition everyone would want to make. I have tried to love a virtual keyboard, and while the BB10 one came close, it just wasn't good enough for me to give up the physical one.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    Overlake likes this.
    12-22-14 08:35 AM
    I might be wrong but if the Classic is truly attempting to stay true to its roots, then I would say this is by design. All keyboarded BBs have been like this. You have a physical keyboard, so you are expected to type properly and not button mash until auto correct fills in the correct word for you.

Sorry it wasn't for you.

Though, you can always create custom replacement commands so if you misspell something often you can just tell it to always correct it automatically for you. Just an option.
    Auto spell is definitely not working like BB7. I'm hoping its a bug as mentioned cause it is very disagreeable how it currently works forcing one to scroll back into the misspelled word.
    12-22-14 08:52 AM
    Z30 rocks!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-22-14 08:53 AM
    It's not a bug so much as the fact that if you're typing with a physical keyboard, the tendency is to be slower, but more accurate, negating the need for the all-encompassing autocorrect that exists in all-touch devices. Most people tend to type very fast, but relatively inaccurately, on virtual keyboards, which is where the massive autocorrect comes in. These things tend to balance out where VKB diehards and PKB diehards type at about the same speed, just in different ways.

I can definitely see how that's not a transition everyone would want to make. I have tried to love a virtual keyboard, and while the BB10 one came close, it just wasn't good enough for me to give up the physical one.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    Good point.
    12-22-14 08:59 AM
    Z30 rocks!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    Yes it does and in my opinion the best 10 os device blackberry made

From My Sexy Z30...
    12-22-14 09:05 AM
    Man, its been a short trial but I think the classic is back off to Amazon for a return.
    Well that was fast. But in all fairness its about as much as I gave the Q10. I was seriously holding out for another keyboarded BlackBerry. Everything about the Q10 was right, size weight etc., but something wasn't right. Z30 now for me, not looking back.
    12-22-14 09:23 AM
    Auto spell is definitely not working like BB7. I'm hoping its a bug as mentioned cause it is very disagreeable how it currently works forcing one to scroll back into the misspelled word.
    those were my thoughts exactly! Knowing its not supposed to work the way its working makes me want to hang on to the BB Classic a little longer to see if it gets fixed!
    12-22-14 09:30 AM
    Well that was fast. But in all fairness its about as much as I gave the Q10. I was seriously holding out for another keyboarded BlackBerry. Everything about the Q10 was right, size weight etc., but something wasn't right. Z30 now for me, not looking back.
    Super quick right lol. Im super conflicted on the return really. I just didnt understand why the phone would refuse to correct words that it knew were typos! it drove me nuts and really slowed down my typing.
    12-22-14 09:34 AM
    I'm with these guys. I love my Q10 because I can type the word and not rely on spell check to type for me.

I hate typing on my Galaxy S5 and Iphone for this reason alone. I love the BlackBerry pkb and it's what keeps me loyal fan/consumer.

Hopefully the bug is in the OS and will be fixed with the next update.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 09:37 AM
    have you look at those video at the top of the page??? one of them is talking about the correction
    12-22-14 09:44 AM
    Yea i hear here you. I was never big into the physical keyboard but wanted to give it a try. If the "bug" was fixed i would probably keep it because my typos are not that drastic and I think simple spell check would fix my horrible dexterity. I think its time BB start pounding in some true hardware too. I mean when I looked at the specs of the classic to the z30 I think BB said it correctly... the phones a classic. Classic hardware.
    what you have to remember is that the z30 was the high end device but the classic I think im right in saying is mid range ,the passport is the high end device at the mo
    12-22-14 10:39 AM
    have you look at those video at the top of the page??? one of them is talking about the correction
    can you send link? I didnt see it.
    12-22-14 11:12 AM
    can you send link? I didnt see it.
    it is in the sticky at the top of the page...one of those video on How to...
    BlackBerry Classic Official Help and How-To's - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    12-22-14 11:15 AM
    over 10 video to look at
    12-22-14 11:18 AM
    I'll stick to this edict until pigs fly. Go Blackberry 9900/Q5/Q10/Classic IF you really like the feel of a physical keyboard. I turn off auto-correct on such a device. If spelling is a challenge, then you have bigger problems.

IF touchscreen, I see absolutely ZERO reason to go Blackberry. iOS/Android all day, everyday. Probably why to this day I have yet to see a BB touch screen device in real life. Who would want to limit themselves to such a niche device that does, really, nothing well?

The upside to the Classic over the better designed Q10 is the nano sim which I can switch back and forth w/ iPhone 6. I don't see the Classic doing anything better than the Q10 in any other area. Q10 was the perfect size and design for me except for the random reboot issues due to a poorly designed battery cover and the keyboard button thing that I myself didn't encounter.

I'm still in the kicking tires phase with my Classic. If I didn't have to write in a foreign language, I'd probably make it work lack of apps and all. The Blackberry Hub + phys keyboard combo is money.
    12-22-14 11:37 AM
    it is in the sticky at the top of the page...one of those video on How to...
    BlackBerry Classic Official Help and How-To's - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Oh I have seen the promotional video, but there is a flaw in the keyboard software because it does not auto correct even the most basic of typos. Im sure its an easy fix, just not sure if im willing to wait it out or just go back to the virtual world of my z30. :0
    12-22-14 11:37 AM
    Oh I have seen the promotional video, but there is a flaw in the keyboard software because it does not auto correct even the most basic of typos. Im sure its an easy fix, just not sure if im willing to wait it out or just go back to the virtual world of my z30. :0
    isn't like the Z series that the auto correct need to learn you?
    12-22-14 11:53 AM
    Man, its been a short trial but I think the classic is back off to Amazon for a return. I love the weight of the device and how well BB10 works on it, but in the end the one advertised strength of the device was its undoing for me -- the Keyboard. I was surprised that text correction and spell check was WORSE than on the z30. Often misspelled words were highlighted but not corrected which caused me to type slower to ensure an acceptable level of accuracy (fat thumbs!).

Well thanks for the min rant. I am still caught between devices (z30 and classic), but everytime i pick up the z30 to type and see the 5" screen im reminded that the z30 is still a bad a$$ phone and the classic may not be for me.
    At the same time with a keyboard the autocorrect doesn't correct what you don't want it to correct. That part is wonderful for me.
    Vintage123 likes this.
    12-22-14 11:53 AM
    At the same time with a keyboard the autocorrect doesn't correct what you don't want it to correct. That part is wonderful for me.
    I disable any and all features that I can when it comes to auto correct, spell check, word prediction & so forth. I can't stand ANY of those features. When I want something checked I will find a command for it.

Posted via CB10
    Overlake, Mr4aces and Lefty724 like this.
    12-22-14 11:57 AM