My Q10 takes 7-8 seconds to open up Pictures and Music completely !

Posted via Q10
    12-25-14 07:46 AM
    Has 10.3.1 been getting bad reviews? I'm genuinely asking. I'm on the official 10.3.1 Telus release.

Posted via CB10
    You have the only phone officially using it. Everyone else is using it as a leak. I think the reviews are decent, but I know you'll see a big upgrade in performance when something 13xx is released.
    12-25-14 07:52 AM
    If it's slowER at opening daily apps like calandar it's slowER everywhere. Booting, taking picture, android apps, multitasking etc etc. Why should anyone choose a phone tht merely "will not ruin your life".

Posted via CB10
    I am sooo confused with the last line but this thread is interesting since I am thinking of getting the Classic.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-25-14 08:47 AM
    I tried to replicate the OPS issue - no luck.

My classic is faster than my q10 in every way. The only way it's not faster is in charge time, and in one hand user ability. The classic maybe takes a little longer to charge, and is a little bit difficult as the wife puts it, to text/email in one hand.

Other than that, superior device in every way.

Posted via CB10
    The reviews on Amazon said the Classic is faster too which is why I am considering it, along with the larger LCD screen. I have been using my phone for work a lot and the tool belt with the precision will b a huge plus and time saver for me.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-25-14 08:55 AM
    Other than the Classic being on 10.3.1, unless I'm missing a spec change, I don't see how it could possibly be faster than a Q10.
    12-25-14 09:04 AM
    If it's slowER at opening daily apps like calandar it's slowER everywhere. Booting, taking picture, android apps, multitasking etc etc. Why should anyone choose a phone tht merely "will not ruin your life".

Posted via CB10
    how slow are we talking about?...On mine the calendar doesn't take 2 second to open...booting it is just like the Z 30...I don't do android
    12-25-14 09:14 AM
    ...wtf are you talking about?
    your 2 second of waist in your life
    12-25-14 09:20 AM
    This.

Why are people defending the Classic's underpowered and underperforming hardware. I've used the Classic myself. It's like doing BB10 in slow motion. Every other BB10 phone is much much snappier. Could be the 10.3.1 of course...but I really don't care. The new OS should be snappier and leaner than before.

Posted via CB10
    defending and Underperforming> > I don't thing is defending just saying the the phone work well even with same hardware as other.Could it have more power = sure, this is the first batch to test the market. If sell well, then Classic 2 will come if not then too bad BB should close his door.

Slow motion and Every other BB10 phone is much much snappier> I don't think so...just as fast as my Z 30
    12-25-14 09:33 AM
    Lol...just tried against my Z 30 to open calendar and camera..

right, there is a cold start which I never notice before.....but when warm up the Classic just open those 2 by a microsecond..
    12-25-14 09:47 AM
    Guess they really tried to recreate the familiar BBOS experience.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:54 AM
    You have the only phone officially using it. Everyone else is using it as a leak. I think the reviews are decent, but I know you'll see a big upgrade in performance when something 13xx is released.
    I'm gonna be honest. It feels a tad bit sluggish. Even in comparing it with the Z10. Particularly when opening up created folders or using the browser. It isn't detrimental to my usage though and the better battery life is keeping me more than satisfied.

Still hoping future os upgrades can smoothen the experience overall with some optimization.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:14 AM
    im thinking about getting a Passport and im also on Tmobile, how does it run and also do i need to contact them to get enterprise turned on. i was a huge Blackberry fan years ago and im ready to come back
    12-25-14 10:55 AM
    They screwed this phone up royally This was a huge opportunity for them and they missed the boat. This phone needed Passport specs and touch sensitive PKB. Instead they positioned it as only an upgrade over the Bold 9900 and nothing more. Big mistake. BBRY never seems to learn.
    unity04 likes this.
    12-25-14 11:29 AM
    They screwed this phone up royally This was a huge opportunity for them and they missed the boat. This phone needed Passport specs and touch sensitive PKB. Instead they positioned it as only an upgrade over the Bold 9900 and nothing more. Big mistake. BBRY never seems to learn.
    touch pkb> meh not for me

9900> only time will tell..
    12-25-14 12:01 PM
    I think they should have definitely packed it with the Passport's specs, but leave out the physical keyboard. The classic does have a trackpad, after all, and the Passport needs to have a distinguishing feature other than "it's wide".

But yeah,.. you really have to wonder why they insist on giving prospective consumers mathematical excuses to NOT buy their phones. Are they not able to get components? Maybe they stripped down a bunch of unsold Q10s and reused those components? Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 12:14 PM
    The things the OP is talking about is only the first time you launch the Calendar or Contacts app. If you close the apps and then re-launch them, they will open immediately and there is no delay loading. This is not exclusive to the Classic.

How can you expect to launch an app and have it load IMMEDIATELY unless it's in memory??? This doesn't even happen on my new laptop which has a Core i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and a SSD. The Classic DOES NOT NEED the specs of the Passport.
    12-25-14 12:16 PM
    I wonder how was the sell and return of the passport??????
    12-25-14 12:20 PM
    No, there's definitely a delay, when you're a busy business person, and have a calendar full of stuff. It's more OS than hardware, but the hardware doesn't help.

One has to wonder...
    Was it wise to ask the few who clung to their Bolds what they would buy, or the many who left BlackBerry behind what they wanted to come back. I don't think the Classic will satisfy either. (yes, that's a general statement, and I'm sure some will be fine with a Classic)
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    12-25-14 12:36 PM
    Guess they really tried to recreate the familiar BBOS experience.

Posted via CB10
    Hahah excellent.
    But I'm sure it's not any slower.
    12-25-14 12:37 PM
    So trying a phone at a store for 1 minute are the new reviews on crackberry ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 01:05 PM
    yep
    12-25-14 01:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much... smh

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-25-14 01:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    If someone is going to base their purchase on the "extensive" review in the first post, then damn. There are some serious shortcomings with the phone though.
    12-25-14 01:30 PM
    Seems many cannot think outside the box any more... OP tries a demo phone... finds that it is too slow.... obviously the only reason must be all Classics so the OP is not purchasing one.... hmmm...... wonder if there might be other reasons.... Improper setup... Nahhh..... faulty device .... can't be...... maybe find a second device to see if it has the same issue... not on your life.... has to be the phone no ifs and or buts.... really sad how many are stuck in neutral these days... guess problem solving is a thing of the past.....
    12-25-14 01:32 PM
    It's a demo phone, so if the carrier is interested in selling it, they should ensure its working at its best. If the consumer is really interested in the phone, they may try it again somewhere else. Most Classics I'd expect will be purchased in groups by businesses, never testing them first at all, or having IT try one out in house.
    12-25-14 01:42 PM
60 123