12-25-14 04:10 PM
60 123
tools
    I tried the classic at bell today and damn this phone is slower than the q10. There's a two second delay where you just see a black screen when opening the gallery and calendar. Was looking forward to getting this phone. The demo wasnt running demo software BTW, was the full/consumer version.
    Last edited by unity04; 12-25-14 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Errors
    12-24-14 10:38 PM
    how 2 second will ruin your life?
    bbjdog, kitmo, mk2234 and 3 others like this.
    12-24-14 11:12 PM
    Probably just hasn't been properly set up with accounts and so the device is still in some sort of initialization mode.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:16 PM
    it is surely not as fast as the Passport...For me the Classic is good enough even faster than my Z 30 in some circumstances....So no biggie here
    kitmo likes this.
    12-24-14 11:24 PM
    People are generally not patient anymore with anything! No wonder everyone are dying quickly cause they wanna do everything in instantly. Anyway, Merry Christmas!!

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    kitmo, andy957, mk2234 and 5 others like this.
    12-24-14 11:41 PM
    how 2 second will ruin your life?
    If it's slowER at opening daily apps like calandar it's slowER everywhere. Booting, taking picture, android apps, multitasking etc etc. Why should anyone choose a phone tht merely "will not ruin your life".

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:45 PM
    I call it microwave time. It's when 3 seconds is just way to long to wait :-)

People are generally not patient anymore with anything! No wonder everyone are dying quickly cause they wanna do everything in instantly. Anyway, Merry Christmas!!

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    bbjdog and kitmo like this.
    12-24-14 11:57 PM
    If it's slowER at opening daily apps like calandar it's slowER everywhere. Booting, taking picture, android apps, multitasking etc etc. Why should anyone choose a phone tht merely "will not ruin your life".

Posted via CB10
    "how 2 second will ruin your life? "
    meaning little delay for cold start of any apps is widely accepted
    did he try to do a warm start? open any of those apps after it closed ?
    I can tell you that It's very swift.
    mk2234 and Alain_A like this.
    12-25-14 12:02 AM
    If you want a phone that takes two seconds to open a simple native app like the calendar be my guest. This is 2014, not 2008. There's absolutely no excuse for that type of performance on a modern smartphone.

I tried the phone for a good ten minutes - rebooted, loaded up apps, closed and reopened. Same blank screen and timely delay. You shouldn't have to wait to be productive because your "productive" phone can't keep up with you.
    12-25-14 12:14 AM
    Agreed with the original poster. Whilst who knows why the phone is seemingly slower than existing BlackBerry 10 phones, the sentiment is that the Classic is slower and NO-ONE should be making excuses about impatience. It's part of a wider defensive attitude that ended up getting the company into a mess in the first place. We're all here for the same reason - because we love BlackBerrys. We should be making a big deal when things need to improve so we ultimately get the best BlackBerrys we can.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 12:19 AM
    Executive Producer of the Peevishlicious Crew via my Canadian Passport
    12-25-14 12:22 AM
    I tried the phone for a good ten minutes
    If my memory serves right since bes12 q20 announced, it's been amost a full year considering designing before announced.
    10 minutes to a year equals 1/52560 = 0.00001902587
    Let's say you can make a heathly happy good old 100 years, that's 17 hours 2/3 of a day summon your whole life work.
    Hey, all is fair in comparison. =)
    Alain_A likes this.
    12-25-14 12:37 AM
    "how 2 second will ruin your life? "
    meaning little delay for cold start of any apps is widely accepted
    did he try to do a warm start? open any of those apps after it closed ?
    I can tell you that It's very swift.

Yes yes indeed I didn't take enough time to "ponder" upon a 7 words sentence that requires deeper examination. I did experience the classic for an enough period of time to conclude that the Classic speed performance is below average AT its price tag. I'm not saying due to that the Classic is worthless, it has its strength but what the OP pointed out is indeed a shortcoming of the device. And I see no problem of people inserting judgements and criticism. Judgements will serve better than unconditional defense to a technology company. So same as me, you might as well "ponder" a bit before deny criticisms.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-25-14 12:44 AM
    If my memory serves right since bes12 q20 announced, it's been amost a full year considering designing before announced.
    10 minutes to a year equals 1/52560 = 0.00001902587
    Let's say you can make a heathly happy good old 100 years, that's 17 hours 2/3 of a day summon your whole life work.
    Hey, all is fair in comparison. =)
    ...wtf are you talking about?
    eyesopen1111 and robert_in_la like this.
    12-25-14 12:46 AM
    If you want a phone that takes two seconds to open a simple native app like the calendar be my guest. This is 2014, not 2008. There's absolutely no excuse for that type of performance on a modern smartphone.

I tried the phone for a good ten minutes - rebooted, loaded up apps, closed and reopened. Same blank screen and timely delay. You shouldn't have to wait to be productive because your "productive" phone can't keep up with you.
    This.

Why are people defending the Classic's underpowered and underperforming hardware. I've used the Classic myself. It's like doing BB10 in slow motion. Every other BB10 phone is much much snappier. Could be the 10.3.1 of course...but I really don't care. The new OS should be snappier and leaner than before.

Posted via CB10
    unity04 likes this.
    12-25-14 01:25 AM
    Why are these mindless fanboys can't accept any criticisms. If it's slowER at opening daily apps like calandar it's slowER everywhere. Booting, taking picture, android apps, multitasking etc etc. Why should anyone choose a phone tht merely "will not ruin your life".

Posted via CB10
    Um, you have obviously not used the device if you think it does all of those things slower. Yes, OP found the two things that load slightly slower, of course he forgot those apps also do a bit more than before. The calendar definitely is a lot more interactive and even the picture viewer actually automatically shows slideshows of some groups of photos. And it seems to only do that the first time. I've tried closing them and then opening them again and they seem to open quickly the second time around. Either way, most of everything else works better and I didn't even notice that until OP mentioned it.

Everything else is much faster. The new Android runtime is definitely miles ahead of the one in 10.2.1. They ALMOST feel native in how responsive Android apps run now... Almost...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-25-14 01:28 AM
    I tried to replicate the OPS issue - no luck.

My classic is faster than my q10 in every way. The only way it's not faster is in charge time, and in one hand user ability. The classic maybe takes a little longer to charge, and is a little bit difficult as the wife puts it, to text/email in one hand.

Other than that, superior device in every way.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and wilber1 like this.
    12-25-14 04:25 AM
    Demo products in store are always slower than real ones.

Posted via CB10
    robert_in_la likes this.
    12-25-14 06:20 AM
    It happens on my q10... doesn't affect me so much

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 06:36 AM
    I know a couple of folks who bought the Classic and are business folks who are using the device with enterprise and so far they love the Classic. I also brought up some of the issues of the device being slow and their response was the same, they use the device for emails, messaging and the calendar function and to them, the Classic fits the bill perfectly.

The last time I checked, that was the market that the Classic was targeted for wasn't it? Not some consumer looking for the latest high tech smartphone.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    12-25-14 06:46 AM
    I bought the classic to try out and use as my spare phone, the phone is very useful with the track pad and the only "slow" part about it seems to be the camera for me

There is a big difference between the Classic and my Passport, still torn between what my daily driver will be... but its looking more and more like the classic at the moment

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 06:55 AM
    I tried the classic at bell today and damn this phone is slower than the q10. There's a two second delay where you just see a black screen when opening the gallery and calendar. Was looking forward to getting this phone. The demo wasnt running demo software BTW, was the full/consumer version.
    If I lose 2 seconds opening the gallery, but gain 30 seconds not having to fiddle with the silly touch screen text selector or having to go back and forth in the browser because I miss the tiny little link... than I think that is an acceptable trade off

Also, this classic keyboard is AMAZING! Reminds me of the bold 9900 days again, which is never a bad thing

Posted via CB10
    kawblue749 likes this.
    12-25-14 07:03 AM
    It's slow because it needs a decent OS. Plain and simple. Next release should make a huge difference.

I do think the should have at least tossed the Z30 processor in it though.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-25-14 07:28 AM
    It's slow because it needs a decent OS. Plain and simple. Next release should make a huge difference.

I do think the should have at least tossed the Z30 processor in it though.
    Has 10.3.1 been getting bad reviews? I'm genuinely asking. I'm on the official 10.3.1 Telus release.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 07:34 AM
    I call it microwave time. It's when 3 seconds is just way to long to wait :-)
    That's a Joan Rivers joke about Liz Taylor.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 07:43 AM
60 123