So in a world where new phones are constantly evolving and offering new innovations (3D Touch on Iphone and continued Screen customization and integration for android for ex.) what do you do to get the most from your Classic and to keep it feeling fresh?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 08:40 AM
    Every time I type on it it feels fresh!!

OK aside from that, I've got every Google trick working overtime on it. I get a real kick of of getting Google Maps, Hangouts etc working on my Classic so that it pretty much stays up to date with most of the latest apps hehe

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 09:22 AM
    Hey, can you share the Google HO apk you are using on your classic?

SQC100-1 BlackBerry Classic
    03-07-16 11:48 AM
    My Classic is as fresh as the day it came out the box, and I trust it will continue to remain so.

Why?

1. I like my physical keyboard, and this keyboard and form factor goes hand in hand.

2. I am not into apps (so what's stock, and maybe a few others (CB, FastTube..)) , I'm not too bothered by the "latest" and "greatest".

3. I love the blinking light! I'm yet to see any other device (aside from BlackBerry) that offers this type of message / event notification!

4. The screen protector and BlackBerry pouch keeps it nice and fresh.

All in all.. well solid device. And I'm happy.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    glwerry, will308 and jas1978 like this.
    03-07-16 12:04 PM
    I try to do everything either off the keyboard, or with the trackpad. I was slow to realize that a long press on the trackpad works well with some Android apps. For example, I use a list app that does not allow you to check things directly with the trackpad (you can on the touch screen). However, a long press on the item will open up a submenu that allows you to check that item. In the end it works and is just as fast.

As a side note, when I launch an app through a keyboard shortcut, it mystifies non-Blackberry users. I also think a lot of Priv users don't get keyboard shortcuts.

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    03-07-16 02:02 PM
    I really think that having a mouse/pointer icon on the Browser, together with the trackpad, make browsing/selecting text/clicking on links etc UNBEATABLE

No other phone out there can offer that level of precision than this can

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 03:52 PM
    I really think that having a mouse/pointer icon on the Browser, together with the trackpad, make browsing/selecting text/clicking on links etc UNBEATABLE

No other phone out there can offer that level of precision than this can

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 08:18 PM
    One week with my Classic and very impressed with the tool belt and the track pad. Using the phone with one hand and not touching the screen is great. Having an undo/back key is also great. Coming from a beloved Passport I think the Classic can holds its own in many situations. The keyboard is excellent, very precise typing and also soft.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 06:02 AM