Got my classic this am. Love it but my text messages will not transfer over. This is from a BB 9930. Ive tried using Link and SD card transfers. Neither works. Contacts and Memo transferred just fine.

Tried it on Verizon's 10.3.1.1448 to no avail. Then i tried it on the leaked 10.3.1.2267. Neither is working.

Any ideas?
    03-02-15 11:43 PM
    Search for an app that will do it?

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    03-03-15 05:41 AM
    Search for an app that will do it?

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    i tried... couldnt find squat.
    03-03-15 09:49 AM
    Have you searched for the app "device switch"?

Zoom Zoom Z30
    03-03-15 09:51 AM
    This may work (on Classic):

Settings -- Blackberry Protect -- Restore
    03-03-15 10:03 AM
    This may work (on Classic):

Settings -- Blackberry Protect -- Restore
    Tried that already..
    03-03-15 03:13 PM
    Have you searched for the app "device switch"?

Zoom Zoom Z30
    tried that too...
    03-03-15 03:14 PM
    My phones not activated.. would that matter..

I mean everything else transfered just fine (address book, all my pics vids, memos). Everything except my SMS. i wonder if the SIM has to be activated first..
    03-03-15 03:18 PM
    Deviceswitch.com app maybe
    Edit nvm

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-03-15 03:32 PM
    OFFICIAL WORD from blackberry support... TEXTS WILL NOT TRANSFER! I have had a ticket open with them since the day I got my classic. Blackberry has fallen all over their face... they can transfer texts from IOS and Android, but cannot get texts to transfer from OS7 to OS10. Ridiculous!
    03-16-15 11:30 PM
    OFFICIAL WORD from blackberry support... TEXTS WILL NOT TRANSFER! I have had a ticket open with them since the day I got my classic. Blackberry has fallen all over their face... they can transfer texts from IOS and Android, but cannot get texts to transfer from OS7 to OS10. Ridiculous!
    Interesting. You can transfer text from one BlackBerry 10 Device to another with Link as long as the device you are switching to doesn't have an earlier OS. Example is when I got my Classic, I couldn't transfer anything from my Passport. Used device switch and it literally moved everything from the Passport to the Classic in 5 minutes.

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-17-15 12:28 AM
    Mine transfered via device transfer capabilities

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 12:36 AM
    theyre dumb. i transfered all of mine just fine. just the dates on the received texts are wrong. But that dont matter and i cant help it... Incoming messages all of wrong dates too.. but they appear correctly in the hub. The wrong dates only show when you highlight the older texts to see the time stamp.
    03-17-15 01:33 AM
    All my SMS transferred just fine. I used Blackberry Desktop Manager to back up my BBOS phone and then Blackberry Link to restore it on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 02:18 AM
    All my SMS transferred just fine. I used Blackberry Desktop Manager to back up my BBOS phone and then Blackberry Link to restore it on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I did as well. Xfer'd absolutely everything.

Posted from my Classic
    03-17-15 08:03 AM
    I know the lady at BB support was an *****. Transferring texts etc is basic database info transfer. Nothing complex. Obviously others have got their sms/mms and media to come across. The problem is that blackberry has someone on their support line telling people its impossible and bb obviously has an inferior software product that just doesn't work smoothly. I used desktop manager to go between 5-6 different former blackberries and Zero, nada, none, nothing for issues. Totally solid. Just to be clear...I have tried backup and restores through BB protect, media card, device transfer within Link (which does clearly promise to xfer texts contrary to BB support statement). I did a clean wipe and restored the OS to the Classic and then again tried multiple ways to get the data to come over. I have been a staunch supporter of blackberry forever, but the whole experience of os10 not being as efficient, a lack of response, knowledge or any effort from blackberry support, and problems with basic data transfer within their own software, etc. Bottom line... reading the forums there are lots of common issues and blackberry has failed to release a solid product . Some people will like the classic, but after being a power user and having a solid, efficient, productive, secure platform for all these years...Tough to remain loyal to bb when waiting for almost 4 years for an improvement over the 9900.
    03-18-15 12:14 AM
    Called blackberry support again today because I had some hope maybe blackberry would restore my confidence. Andre told me to use the device switch app from media mushroom. He 100% assured me it would transfer the sms/mms I need. Right on media mushrooms support page it says it will not transfer texts. Sure enough, I tried the app anyway believing bb support wouldn't steer me wrong. Yep, didn't work. Blackberry doesn't deserve nor has it earned the right to stay in business.
    03-18-15 12:31 PM
    I back-up my text messages with the app smsbackup. if that is on your older phone, then I would suggest using that app to save all your text messages. You can save the file and upload the text messages to your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:32 PM
    Called blackberry support again today because I had some hope maybe blackberry would restore my confidence. Andre told me to use the device switch app from media mushroom. He 100% assured me it would transfer the sms/mms I need. Right on media mushrooms support page it says it will not transfer texts. Sure enough, I tried the app anyway believing bb support wouldn't steer me wrong. Yep, didn't work. Blackberry doesn't deserve nor has it earned the right to stay in business.

Here's a clip showing a Bold transferring all data including messages to a Z10 using BlackBerry Link. Requires the Bold to be running OS5 or later. Annoying voice by the guy, but unless something changed, BlackBerry Link should first say it doesn't recognize your device, but then you can click it and then click next and will still work. I went from 9930 to a Z10 and did it two years ago. Since then I've used device switch to go from Z10 to Q10 to Z30 to Passport to Classic and keep my devices synced all the time that way as I switch a lot. Device switch even swapped texts from an iPhone 6 I took a test drive on. Good luck. I know it's frustrating but it can be done.
    transfering SMS/MMS/Text Message from BB7 to BB10 -- NOT WORKING-img_20150317_164622_edit.jpg

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-19-15 12:31 AM
    Hi bro, i had the same issue but then i re-read some instructions provided on blackberry link. first connect the BB OS7 Phone. it will say that the phone is not compatible, select device switch and it will back up things for you. the connect BB OS 10 device and get it restored. now i did the same but text messages were not restored UNTIL I INSERTED SIMCARD in my BB OS 10 device and then they all started to appear. One more thing, give it 15-20 mins till it will show every text message with proper time and date also. i hope it helps you.
    04-11-15 12:50 AM