Is there any way to transfer settings or files (such as auto correction, remember, etc...) without using BlackBerry Link?

I cannot get Blackberry Link to recognize any (I have lots of them) of the BlackBerry Classic devices I have and I manually redoing all of my settings is taking a lot longer than I expected.
    11-04-19 11:30 AM
    Is there any way to transfer settings or files (such as auto correction, remember, etc...) without using BlackBerry Link?

I cannot get Blackberry Link to recognize any (I have lots of them) of the BlackBerry Classic devices I have and I manually redoing all of my settings is taking a lot longer than I expected.
    Only Link will restore settings.

If you are on Windows 10, you will have to re-enable SMB v1 to get Link to function. But turn it off as soon as you're done, as it's a MAJOR security risk.
    11-04-19 11:47 AM

If you are on Windows 10, you will have to re-enable SMB v1 to get Link to function. But turn it off as soon as you're done, as it's a MAJOR security risk.
    Would you mind explaining how to do that?

I've read about uninstalling Link, chanign iTunes file extensions, etc... but none of that works. This is the first SMB v1 reference I've seen. Hopefully it will work.
    11-04-19 12:35 PM
    Would you mind explaining how to do that?

I've read about uninstalling Link, chanign iTunes file extensions, etc... but none of that works. This is the first SMB v1 reference I've seen. Hopefully it will work.
    A simple google search gets plenty of hits but here you go: https://winaero.com/blog/enable-smb1...ol-windows-10/
    11-04-19 12:46 PM
    Here are the instructions posted on this forum a while back.

/blackberry-10-os-f269/solution-usb-conection-problems-between-bb10-windows-10-a-1161054/
    11-04-19 04:07 PM

I re-enabled the SMB v1 (thanks Brookie229 for that), but it still isn't working. When I connect my phone it keeps dropping the connection before I can do anything with it.

I now restarted and when I connect it to switch devices I am getting an error that says "An error occurred mounting volumes. Please reconnect device." I get it for both both I am currently trying.
    11-06-19 01:01 PM
    I re-enabled the SMB v1 (thanks Brookie229 for that), but it still isn't working. When I connect my phone it keeps dropping the connection before I can do anything with it.

I now restarted and when I connect it to switch devices I am getting an error that says "An error occurred mounting volumes. Please reconnect device." I get it for both both I am currently trying.
    The drive mounting error sounds like SMB isn't really enabled. That's the error you get without SMB v1.

Actually, Link only needs SMB v1 to make the network connections to internal memory to mount them as drives in Windows. Running backups and restores actually does not use SMB v1. You need the USB drivers installed, though.

Without SMB v1, Link can still see the device, can initiate backups and restores - even selective backups, and restores. It just can't show internal memory usage on the device screen, or show documents and pictures for file transfers.

I did backup/restores on my Z10 for almost a year without the ability to mount the drives, before I found out about the SMB v1 thing. The only way to access my SD card was to switch the USB to mass storage mode, then it would show up as a removable USB drive. Of course, you don't see the internal memory at all in that situation. But, if I had to copy something from internal memory, I'd have to copy it over to the "Media card" first, then hook up to the computer, then copy to PC, and back the other way to get something on internal memory.

Link seems to have two ways to access the device. For OS reloads, backups and restores, it must access the memory directly (the reason it needs the BBID). The SMB v1 protocol is only for file operations outside of the system, even while using Link.

If SMB v1 is for sure enabled, might need to try another USB port (if there is one), or another cable (if you have one).
    11-06-19 02:14 PM