Hi

I have had several Bold 9780s and backup using Desktop manager.

Planning to get a Blackberry Classic.

Can i use the Blackberry Desktop Manager function to restore my Bold backup file onto my new Classic.

Is it possible ?

thx
    12-09-18 03:41 AM
    Sorry but I don't think LINK can open you old backups and restore them.... give it a try.

LINK can do a transfer from an active BBOS phone to a BB10 phone... or that's what I did long ago.
    12-10-18 11:43 AM
    I don't know about the desktop software. But download the Device Switch app from BlackBerry World and it should be able to load the backup file.
    12-12-18 02:57 PM
    Hi

Can i use the Blackberry Desktop Manager function to restore my Bold backup file onto my new Classic.

Is it possible ?

thx
    Thanks for the answers--tried the LiNK software and it doesnt recognise the Bold 9780.

If i download Device switch to my new Classic where/how will it locate my old Bold Backup folder ?

I have folder on my PC and also have the old phone but how does the Classic obtain the file ?

Thanks again
    12-14-18 01:14 PM
    If i download Device switch to my new Classic where/how will it locate my old Bold Backup folder ?

I have folder on my PC and also have the old phone but how does the Classic obtain the file ?

Thanks again
    It put my backup files on the media card in a folder named DeviceSwitch-Backup. If it recognizes the files it should prompt you upon startup.

If I am wrong, you can always install the app on your old BlackBerry and redo the backup with that. I transferred everything from my 9930 that way.
    12-15-18 10:50 AM
    Hi

Is it possible ?

thx
    Hey callum,

As has been suggested the easiest way to do this will be to transfer data from an active (powered on and working, not necessarily connected) 9780 (rather than a backup file). Is this possible for you or no?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 10:55 AM
    Thanks

But device switch app doesn’t work on the bold

Would be great if I could Bluetooth the files across-it’s only the calendar and the contacts that I need really

Thanks for help
    Hey callum,

As has been suggested the easiest way to do this will be to transfer data from an active (powered on and working, not necessarily connected) 9780 (rather than a backup file). Is this possible for you or no?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 04:22 PM
    Thanks

But device switch app doesn’t work on the bold

Would be great if I could Bluetooth the files across-it’s only the calendar and the contacts that I need really

Thanks for help
    I notice you said earlier Link doesn't recognize the Bold--did you mean that you couldn't select Transfer Device Data per this link from Blackberry Limited?

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2014/...ackberry-link/

If so, can you let us know what computer/OS you're using to run Link? It occasionally requires some finessing these days...

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 05:16 PM
    Did you try BlackBerry Protect on your Classic... it "use to" allow for the restoring of some basic data from BBOS to BB10.....
    12-17-18 08:00 AM