Um, it's actually the other way around. There are plenty of people who would not be interested in the Q20 that I am not at all referring to. The ones I am are the ones going to every thread in a forum for a device they don't care about to claim all of us who want it are "old timers" or that we are just "afraid" of change or whatever. I haven't been "militant" to a single person who have simply presented their own opinion regarding the issue without putting those of us who want it down.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Exactly this.

Why do those of us who like the Q20 (regardless of whether we're buying one) have to defend ourselves against the haters?

The ignorance of the haters is astounding.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-27-14 10:21 AM
    The only people I might be "trolling" are the trolls. It's pretty clear when I'm addressing my whole post to just the trolls, that if you're not a troll, this doesn't apply to you. That's why I made it clear, because I'm not directing any of this to people who simply have a different opinion. I'm all for different opinions, that's why I support BB releasing more devices with different options to cater to different people. If you read my post, what I don't understand are people who are hating on this and everyone who is interested just because it's something they are not interested in themselves. This isn't replacing anything, so the options they might like are still out there, so I honestly don't see the need to start calling people names like people are old timers, or "afraid" of change if they are interested in this device.

And it's funny that you think it makes no sense to try to attract users from legacy devices. They don't make money from people who are simply holding on to their old legacy devices. Converting them over to the new ecosystem would push app development for that ecosystem since it'll bolster the numbers, and more word-of-mouth could help convert others to non-belt devices. They are covering all bases, they are not replacing anything with this phone. So I honestly don't see the issue that you're trying so desperately find and invent...
    They make no money from users on other platforms who stay there cause they haven't given them what they're looking for either.

Your OP is pretty obvious trolling and baiting, and you're pretty unapologetic about it so I'll leave it at that.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    02-27-14 10:22 AM
    A few things to remember :
    ~The Q20 is called "Classic" for a reason. It does not mean all BlackBerry devices will have the track pad.
    ~ After customers who feared too much change in BB10, can now ease into the operating system. BlackBerry can revisit the first Q design at a later date.
    ~ Mr. Chen stressed that new devices must have a cool factor. I take it that means the Q20 also.
    ~ I'd bet anything the Q20 will not look dated at all.
    ~ BlackBerry has a chance to add more advancements to the belt.
    ~ Customers will have a choice to strictly only use gestures on the Q20 if they so desire.
    ~ if customers like touch only, they wouldn't be looking at the Q20 anyway.
    ~ This will bring back true one handed use on the fly.
    ~ The Q10 was not the hit BlackBerry hoped for. The biggest reason for this....customers either returned the Q10 in RECORD numbers after missing the belt. . or did not buy it because the belt was missing. When you really think of it, BlackBerry would seem crazy not to do this.

I use a Z10 and would never go back to a keyboard. I'd be ignorant to think others should just feel the same though.
    Change is not always a sure thing. The only sure thing.......a business realizing what their customers want.

I actually think these concept photos show the Q20 looking better with the belt. It can be done.

Attachment 251278

Posted via CB10
    If Chris is correct in his article, I think the trackpad/navigation buttons will look like they do on the TK Victory.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-27-14 10:23 AM
    They make no money from users on other platforms who stay there cause they haven't given them what they're looking for either.

Your OP is pretty obvious trolling and baiting, and you're pretty unapologetic about it so I'll leave it at that.

If you want "trolling and baiting" take a look at the other thread where the people are oh so annoyed about the Q20 and can't comprehend the fact that there are people who like the phone and classic idea.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-27-14 10:48 AM
    If you want "trolling and baiting" take a look at the other thread where the people are oh so annoyed about the Q20 and can't comprehend the fact that there are people who like the phone and classic idea.
    Pot/kettle doesn't excuse anything. Report the posts in question and move on.

Welcome to the Internet where people often disagree. Name calling and obvious baiting is not the right way to deal with it.

Not sure why this is really a point of contention.

02-27-14 10:57 AM
    Isn't this thread trolling about trolls?

I don't get this whole Trolls thing these days. There has always been know it all people, people who dislike most things and people with strong opinions on things but as long as we have things like disability payments, EI, welfare and so on (PS nothing wrong with Disability payments!) we will have people with time on their hands and internet connections and therefore, opinions to share.

Since we can skim over what they post, as we should and as we can doesn't that make complaining and whining about people posting things you don't like trolling itself? I mean truly speaking this is a blackberry forum and here we are in a thread about trolls.

IF people would only just stop responding to trolls and I mean really stop, not one post in response, it will die off some.

I think here at crackberry, as i have been reading through the forums, people have become very defensive about trolls since blackberry marketshare and mindshare has dropped. Maybe its time to relax. even sites like BGR are posting articles that are positive about blackberry, so maybe we all should too.
    02-27-14 11:14 AM
    LOL Nice signature.

I agree with you: to each his own. If you like typing on glass go for a Z-serie. If you like physical keys and the tool belt go for Q(20). This flame/troll/BS about this-is-better-than-that... First between different device-fans and now within the BB-community as well? Geez! Get a life. ;-)

Posted on the awesome Blackberry Q5
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-27-14 11:17 AM
    My point was that this is a bridge to the legacy users. To impose a hardware bridge is expensive, and does not fully do the new platform justice which was designed to operate without it. Again, doing a software built that can be disabled once a user gains familiarity with the platform would have been better.

If the press is already Bad on BlackBerry what makes you think will make it better? This is fuel for the fire. To think this will have no impact shows you are out of touch with how bad their image is, particularly in the US.
    It's not just a bridge to the legacy users. I'm not a legacy user, but I would buy it.
    02-27-14 11:59 AM
    Will do, cheers.
    Wow what a great contribution. You really can't let this go without having the last word in?

Kudos to Slagman5 for not replying.

Anilu7 likes this.
    02-27-14 12:21 PM
    Sorry, in my opinion that 3 row keyboard idea is pure stupidity.
    I also dislike the 3 row keyboard, but I am worried that that's what we're going to get, based on the leaked pictures of the prototype.

Square 3.5" screen + full keyboard + belt = large.

I think they will try to cut down on the height of the phone by reducing the height of the keyboard.

I hope I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:39 PM
    this!!!!!!!!
    I dont know whats happening with us guys, we are not sheep we are not dumb, BB its giving us CHOICE, theres a phone for each one of our needs, and for all the type of costumers, I know we all want a new flagship to show to people BB its still one or if not the best mobile company, but if people are going to be let down because they are giving us choice, we are the ones who should give support and constructive feedback to our company because if we dont do it no one will.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-27-14 01:02 PM
    Gotta agree with OP here too... I even saw one guy comment "THATS IT, im done with BB now"

Seriously?

I love the Porsche 918 Spyder regardless of the fact that the company makes hideous SUVs now too. Why? Because I realize (as does Porsche) that they need the SUVs to make money. They use the money from sales of the cayenne to fund R&D and production on the cars they are actually passionate about. Its business.

As a Porsche customer, I would realize that im not being forced to buy the SUV, and the existence of it actually makes the sports cars I like, better.

Same deal with BB's classic line of phones imo.
    JDJMC, Pete The Penguin and Anilu7 like this.
    02-27-14 01:50 PM

And again, since this doesn't REPLACE any future devices without the belt, this is a non-issue. This device is to try to convert legacy users, the all-touch devices like the Z30 and even the regular keyboard devices without the belt will be trying to convert users from other platforms. They will still exist so this ridiculous argument about how this will not attract outside users mean BB should ignore the legacy device hold-outs is just that: ridiculous.

02-27-14 02:24 PM
    LOL Nice signature.

I agree with you: to each his own. If you like typing on glass go for a Z-serie. If you like physical keys and the tool belt go for Q(20). This flame/troll/BS about this-is-better-than-that... First between different device-fans and now within the BB-community as well? Geez! Get a life. ;-)

Exactly, if you don't like it, there are plenty of other options now. I don't even see the argument, here is a quick summary that pretty much shuts down all arguments I've heard so far:

I don't like it! I want a keyboard device without the belt!
    A: Buy a Q10 or the successor to the Q10 (not the Q20, there will be another qwerty flagship without the belt, Q30 maybe?)

This device will not win over Android and iPhone users!
    A: That's what the Z10, Z30, and the successor to those are for.

This is a step backward in technology!
    A: How? They are adding a feature, it will still have modern internals, modern OS, modern touchscreen, everything you expect to see in a modern phone.

This will only satisfy legacy hold-outs!
    A: And that's the point. Should BB ignore these people?

BB10 gestures are so awesome!
    A: Since this will have BB10 loaded on it, the gestures are still there.

Seriously, how does the ADDITION of this class of device to the existing categories negatively affect anyone??? *baffled*

02-27-14 02:33 PM
    Same old....move on or go under.

Blackberry is giving a choice....what's so terribly bad about that? The gamers have still got their bigger touch screens....the messagers have still got their spaced out Q5 qwerty keys.....the semi pros have their Q10s and top dog business will have the belt back on the Q20. The not so well off will afford a cheaper model and the ones with money to burn will be catered for.

And the rest of us can drop anywhere inbetween with a device of our choice.
    02-27-14 02:40 PM
    I'll be happy when they keep this abomination on the down low and just mail it to the luddites who have been whining about the need for belt. They will be crucified in the media for this backwards phone.

And I'm not a troll. I like BlackBerry more than 80% of the people here. But this is suicide.

Posted via CB10

I cannot believe how many people are so negative, and nasty, about the Q20 announcement and the announced return of the "tool belt" hard buttons.

It is NOT going to be the only qwerty option available, so if you don't want it, don't buy it!! There are many of us that would love having the track pad, call and call end buttons as well as the home button.

I'm sure that many of the bashers have used a 99xx series in the past and, at the time, thought that it was the greatest device in the world...I know that is how I viewed it.

If the Q20 is released with the tool belt, I will be buying it outright. The 99xx was the best device, BB10 is the best OS out there, the best of both worlds!

Saying that, I know that not everyone will get and use one, but come on, there are enough choices to satisfy everyone...full touch, touch with qwerty and now the announced touch/tool belt/qwerty Q20.
    slagman5 and Anilu7 like this.
    02-27-14 06:06 PM
    Who are you calling "condescending"?
    Several of us as asking that everyone respects the views of everyone.
    Although there a MANY more examples, just in this thread alone, I'll just toss out a few quick ones for examples of condescension. As for militant, I would call the need to reply and verbally beat down every detractor "militant". If this isn't you, then don't assume it was aimed at you...

Wow, I guess that's what I get for trying to reason with children...
    Some people have low self esteem, so to bolster that they convince themselves that their opinion must be the opinions of the mass majority, or at the very least, the majority of "smart" people. So they will feel like they "belong." It's also simpler for simple minds to think in a sense that everyone else must be like them. That's why dishonest people are generally very distrusting of others... Simple psychology.
    02-27-14 08:20 PM
    Although there a MANY more examples, just in this thread alone, I'll just toss out a few quick ones for examples of condescension. As for militant, I would call the need to reply and verbally beat down every detractor "militant". If this isn't you, then don't assume it was aimed at you...
    I never suggested it was aimed at me, though I did (and do) feel the need to question your attitude toward those who want a Q20.

What about those who are posting vile comments just because they don't like/don't want a Q20?
    What have you to say to them? In my book, they're equally 'militant'.
    As for condescending, re-read some of your posts...
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-27-14 09:15 PM
    Here's a good idea. Quote the people I was referring to. Actually, don't worry, I know you're a busy man, I'll do it for you. Just wait one. :-)

Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-27-14 09:16 PM
    You guys have gone off the rails with this, so ya. You're arguing and belittling each other over buttons.

Think about that for a second.

You. Are. Arguing. Over. Buttons.

Buttons.
    On a phone.
    That you don't have to buy.
    02-27-14 09:20 PM
120 ... 345