This is a no brainer. As long as they release a few other options this year, nobody should be complaining.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-26-14 02:24 PM
    Lol..... as Rush said once upon a time... "you can twist perception....reality won't budge".... so the fact that several people had no problem seeing the point of the thread goes to show that there is no interpret issue... simply that others choose to twist it around in a way that suits their argument.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    02-26-14 03:25 PM
    Slagman, I wouldn't bother trying to explain the concept of the Q20 to the haters. They've made up their minds and will continue to moan until the cows come home.

Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on a Q20.
    hazarder, Carjackd and Anilu7 like this.
    02-26-14 03:29 PM
    There will be 4 ranges (Affordable, Classic, High-End, Presitge) for people with different needs and budgets.

Buy the one you need and don't bash the people who buy a different BlackBerry to you.
    Anilu7, slagman5 and wincyUt like this.
    02-26-14 03:35 PM
    And what makes it even more bizarre is that most of these people have no vested interest in the company. I have 3,000 shares in BlackBerry and you don't hear me moaning and whining about this.

I think it's great that there are options available. There have always been options with BlackBerry...unlike Apple.

I may actually try the q20 out myself, since I sometimes miss the keyboard of my q10. I don't necessarily miss the track pad of my 9900, but I really miss the phone keys. It will be interesting to see how this format integrates with bb10.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    Pete The Penguin and Anilu7 like this.
    02-26-14 03:40 PM
    I'm all for it, anything that's gonna add to #TeamBlackberry10 user base is good. You all complained when the track pad was removed and now your complaining because it's back. This forum is starting to take things wayyy to serious instead of looking at the big picture. Gestures are not for everyone. Telling ppl to learn the gestures or get lost is the reason the market share for devices is the way it is now. Ppl just need to relax lol there's the Z10 Z30 Q10 if your not satisfied. Ppl say there not trolling but they really are lol

BBM: 2B1F4D96
    Channels: C00121E43

BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channels: C00121E43
    02-26-14 03:51 PM
    I'm all for it, anything that's gonna add to #TeamBlackberry10 user base is good. You all complained when the track pad was removed and now your complaining because it's back. This forum is starting to take things wayyy to serious instead of looking at the big picture. Gestures are not for everyone. Telling ppl to learn the gestures or get lost is the reason the market share for devices is the way it is now. Ppl just need to relax lol there's the Z10 Z30 Q10 if your not satisfied. Ppl say there not trolling but they really are lol

BBM: 2B1F4D96
    Channels: C00121E43

BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channels: C00121E43
    It's the people who complained the trackpad disappeared that are the majority moaning it's coming back.

People on CrackBerry have short memories.
    Anilu7 and JAS0NB0URNE like this.
    02-26-14 04:42 PM
    The people that keep reiterating "it doesn't make someone a troll if it's his/hers opinion", how bout you read through the thread before posting another useless post like that.

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    slagman5 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    02-26-14 07:32 PM
    It's the people who complained the trackpad disappeared that are the majority moaning it's coming back.

People on CrackBerry have short memories.
    Maybe not as high a percentage as you'd think, but it is what it is. I happen to think it will sell and help get those BBOS holdovers onto BB10. Time will tell

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    hazarder likes this.
    02-26-14 07:58 PM
    Maybe not as high a percentage as you'd think, but it is what it is. I happen to think it will sell and help get those BBOS holdovers onto BB10. Time will tell

I hope it sells. Had the Q10 not launched in May last year, I would have replaced my 9700 with a 9900.

I'm looking forward to BB10 with the navigation buttons.
    One thing I'm wondering, now we'll have send/end buttons, will the android-type call screen be gone on the BlackBerry Classic?
    02-26-14 08:24 PM
    If it is, I wouldn't expect the return of the Swipe up or down as a touch option.

02-26-14 08:45 PM
    I won't buy one but hey!! A LOT of people are gonna be happy!! And BlackBerry will make money! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And THIS ^^^^ is what Ambassadors are made of. What's good for BlackBerry is good for us ALL. :-)
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-26-14 08:54 PM
    If it is, I wouldn't expect the return of the Swipe up or down as a touch option.

You make an interesting point...

I like the original call screen, though any call screen on the Classic would be superfluous?
    Unless you had the option of turning it off...
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-26-14 09:28 PM
    The people that keep reiterating "it doesn't make someone a troll if it's his/hers opinion", how bout you read through the thread before posting another useless post like that.

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    What a concept right?
    hazarder and Pete The Penguin like this.
    02-26-14 10:23 PM
    Lol!! OP, I agree totally agree with everything you said. I know sometimes its very hard to ignore all the shenanigan that is spewed is some of these threads. But hey, its freedom of speech.
    02-26-14 10:55 PM
    This is a no brainer. As long as they release a few other options this year, nobody should be complaining.
    Do you honestly think people will stop complaining?
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-26-14 11:01 PM
    What a concept right?
    I'm sayin...

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    02-26-14 11:14 PM
    A few things to remember :
    ~The Q20 is called "Classic" for a reason. It does not mean all BlackBerry devices will have the track pad.
    ~ After customers who feared too much change in BB10, can now ease into the operating system. BlackBerry can revisit the first Q design at a later date.
    ~ Mr. Chen stressed that new devices must have a cool factor. I take it that means the Q20 also.
    ~ I'd bet anything the Q20 will not look dated at all.
    ~ BlackBerry has a chance to add more advancements to the belt.
    ~ Customers will have a choice to strictly only use gestures on the Q20 if they so desire.
    ~ if customers like touch only, they wouldn't be looking at the Q20 anyway.
    ~ This will bring back true one handed use on the fly.
    ~ The Q10 was not the hit BlackBerry hoped for. The biggest reason for this....customers either returned the Q10 in RECORD numbers after missing the belt. . or did not buy it because the belt was missing. When you really think of it, BlackBerry would seem crazy not to do this.

I use a Z10 and would never go back to a keyboard. I'd be ignorant to think others should just feel the same though.
    Change is not always a sure thing. The only sure thing.......a business realizing what their customers want.

I actually think these concept photos show the Q20 looking better with the belt. It can be done.

Trackpad is optional, why the trolling?-classic-q2011.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-26-14 at 11:58 PM.
    hazarder, RJB55, Anilu7 and 1 others like this.
    02-26-14 11:41 PM
    LOL, I'm sure you use every other internet meme and "cool" sayings because that makes you feel like you really belong to the flock. :-P Congrats dude. Apparently I'm too dull to change my vocabulary based on the whim of the internet community...
    I just think it is funny that there's a handful of "belt" advocates that are quite militant and condescending to everyone with a differing opinion.
    02-27-14 12:06 AM
    I just think it is funny that there's a handful of "belt" advocates that are quite militant and condescending to everyone with a differing opinion.
    Um, it's actually the other way around. There are plenty of people who would not be interested in the Q20 that I am not at all referring to. The ones I am are the ones going to every thread in a forum for a device they don't care about to claim all of us who want it are "old timers" or that we are just "afraid" of change or whatever. I haven't been "militant" to a single person who have simply presented their own opinion regarding the issue without putting those of us who want it down.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-27-14 12:15 AM
    A few things to remember :
    ~The Q20 is called "Classic" for a reason. It does not mean all BlackBerry devices will have the track pad.
    ~ After customers who feared too much change in BB10, can now ease into the operating system. BlackBerry can revisit the first Q design at a later date.
    ~ Mr. Chen stressed that new devices must have a cool factor. I take it that means the Q20 also.
    ~ I'd bet anything the Q20 will not look dated at all.
    ~ BlackBerry has a chance to add more advancements to the belt.
    ~ Customers will have a choice to strictly only use gestures on the Q20 if they so desire.
    ~ if customers like touch only, they wouldn't be looking at the Q20 anyway.
    ~ This will bring back true one handed use on the fly.
    ~ The Q10 was not the hit BlackBerry hoped for. The biggest reason for this....customers either returned the Q10 in RECORD numbers after missing the belt. . or did not buy it because the belt was missing. When you really think of it, BlackBerry would seem crazy not to do this.

I use a Z10 and would never go back to a keyboard. I'd be ignorant to think others should just feel the same though.
    Change is not always a sure thing. The only sure thing.......a business realizing what their customers want.

I actually think these concept photos show the Q20 looking better with the belt. It can be done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classic-q2011.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	251278

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, in my opinion that 3 row keyboard idea is pure stupidity. Requiring an extra step to see the symbols that used to be printed on the keys is going against the point of having physical keys. If getting to the symbols is the same process as a virtual keyboard, then why make the screen sacrifice in the first place? Might as well just go full screen and use a virtual keyboard. Imagine if you need to make multiple symbols in a row. Instead of simply holding alt and typing away, what, you swipe, type, swipe, type, swipe, type?? Extremely inefficient...

Sorry, I really hope when they call it the "classic" that the "classic" keyboard be present. If that's the new keyboard I'll just get a full touchscreen Android. So I hope not. That's just my opinion. If others like it because it seems "cool" and "new" then good job BB. Just not my preference personally.

02-27-14 12:21 AM
    Sorry, in my opinion that 3 row keyboard idea is pure stupidity. Requiring an extra step to see the symbols that used to be printed on the keys is going against the point of having physical keys. If getting to the symbols is the same process as a virtual keyboard, then why make the screen sacrifice in the first place? Might as well just go full screen and use a virtual keyboard. Imagine if you need to make multiple symbols in a row. Instead of simply holding alt and typing away, what, you swipe, type, swipe, type, swipe, type?? Extremely inefficient...

Sorry, I really hope when they call it the "classic" that the "classic" keyboard be present. If that's the new keyboard I'll just get a full touchscreen Android. So I hope not. That's just my opinion. If others like it because it seems "cool" and "new" then good job BB. Just not my preference personally.

I agree, but I was only looking at the belt on this concept design. It shows how it can be incorporated in a way that does not look dated or out of place. Lol, I didn't even look at the keyboard design. I'm sure the real design wouldn't have what you dislike.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:48 AM
    Yeah the touch screen world has taken over, but why can't BlackBerry test the waters? This might just go better than everyone's initial reactions. A Lot of what you said is very opinionated, it makes sense but it's in no way fact. Only time will be the teller of this tale, not speculation.

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    How much testing does the water need.

If all those people who didn't buy a Q10 didn't buy it, I doubt adding more buttons to it is going to give them any incentive to do so.

IMO, they should have spent their R&D on simply upping the specs in the current Q10 and improving their software.

That being said, there are probably other things they haven't announced to I don't want to speak too soon. They may have the most amazing software update ever waiting to blow everyone away.

But the reason why a lot of people aren't fawning over the Q20 is because the changes are largely unnecessary (button-wise) and at this point most people don't care about them.

One of the big reasons a friend of mine got the Droid Maxx over the Z30 was because the OS was confusing for him to navigate, and adding things to completely circumvent that, which fragments the core user experience of the software across products from the same company, makes little to no sense from a usability perspective - especially when you consider side-grading is common in other ecosystems (L920 -> 1020, GS -> GNote, etc.). Being able to be up and running instantly is important, especially for those users who are not enthusiasts (people like us don't care about this, but those people do).

Does the OP realize the OP and Thread Title is the very definition of trolling? The irony in this thread is blowing me away.
    02-27-14 08:29 AM
    Who are you calling "condescending"?
    Several of us as asking that everyone respects the views of everyone.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-27-14 10:16 AM
    How much testing does the water need.

If all those people who didn't buy a Q10 didn't buy it, I doubt adding more buttons to it is going to give them any incentive to do so.

IMO, they should have spent their R&D on simply upping the specs in the current Q10 and improving their software.

That being said, there are probably other things they haven't announced to I don't want to speak too soon. They may have the most amazing software update ever waiting to blow everyone away.

But the reason why a lot of people aren't fawning over the Q20 is because the changes are largely unnecessary (button-wise) and at this point most people don't care about them.

One of the big reasons a friend of mine got the Droid Maxx over the Z30 was because the OS was confusing for him to navigate, and adding things to completely circumvent that, which fragments the core user experience of the software across products from the same company, makes little to no sense from a usability perspective - especially when you consider side-grading is common in other ecosystems (L920 -> 1020, GS -> GNote, etc.). Being able to be up and running instantly is important, especially for those users who are not enthusiasts (people like us don't care about this, but those people do).

Does the OP realize the OP and Thread Title is the very definition of trolling? The irony in this thread is blowing me away.
    The only people I might be "trolling" are the trolls. It's pretty clear when I'm addressing my whole post to just the trolls, that if you're not a troll, this doesn't apply to you. That's why I made it clear, because I'm not directing any of this to people who simply have a different opinion. I'm all for different opinions, that's why I support BB releasing more devices with different options to cater to different people. If you read my post, what I don't understand are people who are hating on this and everyone who is interested just because it's something they are not interested in themselves. This isn't replacing anything, so the options they might like are still out there, so I honestly don't see the need to start calling people names like people are old timers, or "afraid" of change if they are interested in this device.

And it's funny that you think it makes no sense to try to attract users from legacy devices. They don't make money from people who are simply holding on to their old legacy devices. Converting them over to the new ecosystem would push app development for that ecosystem since it'll bolster the numbers, and more word-of-mouth could help convert others to non-belt devices. They are covering all bases, they are not replacing anything with this phone. So I honestly don't see the issue that you're trying so desperately find and invent...
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-27-14 10:17 AM
120 ... 2345