just because a phone doesn't appeal to you, doesn't mean there's not a faction of people who want it...the ignorance of some people in these forums is stunning.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    Some people have low self esteem, so to bolster that they convince themselves that their opinion must be the opinions of the mass majority, or at the very least, the majority of "smart" people. So they will feel like they "belong." It's also simpler for simple minds to think in a sense that everyone else must be like them. That's why dishonest people are generally very distrusting of others... Simple psychology.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-26-14 01:55 AM
    We're pissed because it's a brand new year for blackberry and that's what they came up with.. nothing. Ya it gives you am OPTION but what is the other option? A Q10? Well they sure need to release another one because it's been a year already. What about the people that don't want the belt? Have they forgotten about why BB10 Was designed in the first place?

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    So... you need a new device every year?? Do we have technology ADD or something? I am actually kind of pissed that there might be a device I might be interested in a year after I got my Q10. I was hoping to keep using the Q10 for 2 years until my contract is up so I can use my upgrade option to get another device then for cheaper. Now I might be tempted to fork over money for another device much sooner than I normally would have wanted...

Anyway, nobody said there will not be another device this year anyway, so stop jumping the gun.
    Pete The Penguin and Anilu7 like this.
    02-26-14 01:58 AM
    I hate BB for giving us toooo many options.(sorry JC)
    Those bastards... *clenches fist in anger*
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-26-14 01:58 AM
    I don't get how expressing your personal opinion makes you a troll, not everyone will like the belt thingy, I personally don't see the point like others do, but by no means a deal breaker for me. People have their preferences and are free to express their opinion, if that makes them a troll, then there are an awful lot of trolls in this world then......
    02-26-14 02:00 AM
    Trolls?

so now stating a preference is trolling? Dude as much as we have the choice not to use the belt, you have the choice not to read our comments

and yes, after Kevin's comments (see below) now we do have a real choice.

Classic - With a physical keyboard and the "tool belt" making its return, this is where the new Q20 fits in. This is the iconic BlackBerry experience that so many longtime BlackBerry users still love. It may not be a huge growth opportunity, but this is giving those loyal BlackBerry users what they want. Note, don't take the re-introduction of the toolbelt on the Q20 to mean they won't make another Q10-like device without it.

you know, there's a lot of people who love the belt, there a lot of people like me that dont need the belt, the least button the better, when i saw the concept Q30 a few days ago, i got super excited, a 3 rows keyboard, smallest possible, and a rectangular screen!! omg i loved that concept!! i like button, but to write only, not to navigate the OS, the least space the keyboard takes, the better, but hey this is just my opinion!
    "I never said that everyone with a different opinion is a troll. Quite the opposite. I'm talking about the people, as proven by some responses here, that insult everyone who wants this new device since it doesn't fit with their own opinion. I'm all for differences in opinion, and that's the exact reason for me asking this. People who have absolutely no interest in the device are coming into this forum just to bash and make fun of the people who do. That is the very definition of trolling. I am a keyboard person myself, I find typing on a physical keyboard to be more accurate and more convenient (typing without looking, homescreen shortcuts and universal search, etc.) but do you see me going into the Z10 and Z30 forums to make fun of everyone's typos? No, because I'm not a troll... "

Sorry, I hate repeating myself, so I just copied and pasted this reply to someone else where I've already addressed everything you just tried to state. Thanks for reading before replying...
    02-26-14 02:00 AM
    A preference? clearly you feel like this was directed at you for some reason. If you are not a troll then you also had the choice to not comment on this thread . If one states a preference I imagine that's fine, but if one continually bashes BlackBerry "what are they doing, this is the dumbest idea ever"; and "oh that's so horrible BlackBerry is traveling to the past" I'm sorry but that's far beyond preference. People that have no optimism, no hope, open thy eyes and see that John Chen is opening doors. But hey this is just my opinion!

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    Yah, not only did I already clarify my position on it, I CLEARLY am directing this only at the people who are coming onto these forums to troll. So if you don't feel like you're doing that, then this wasn't directed at you. SIMPLE.
    02-26-14 02:01 AM
    I don't get how expressing your personal opinion makes you a troll, not everyone will like the belt thingy, I personally don't see the point like others do, but by no means a deal breaker for me. People have their preferences and are free to express their opinion, if that makes them a troll, then there are an awful lot of trolls in this world then......
    Again, here's a copy and paste of a previous comment of mine that already addressed this:

"I never said that everyone with a different opinion is a troll. Quite the opposite. I'm talking about the people, as proven by some responses here, that insult everyone who wants this new device since it doesn't fit with their own opinion. I'm all for differences in opinion, and that's the exact reason for me asking this. People who have absolutely no interest in the device are coming into this forum just to bash and make fun of the people who do. That is the very definition of trolling. I am a keyboard person myself, I find typing on a physical keyboard to be more accurate and more convenient (typing without looking, homescreen shortcuts and universal search, etc.) but do you see me going into the Z10 and Z30 forums to make fun of everyone's typos? No, because I'm not a troll... "
    02-26-14 02:03 AM
    OP, you have saved me having to start the exact same thread.

Having a difference of opinion is not the problem here....some will like this new device, others won't. What ruins the experience of coming to this site at times is all the negative, fatalistic, and know-it-all attitudes of members who want to appear like they know what's good for us and what isn't.

Hey, share your thoughts.....your opinions....as others share theirs....but adamantly stating the new device will fail, or features are not needed, or you know best, is simply an ignorant and trolling tactic.

Clearly, many of these folks don't have a life outside of the Internet, and need to feel important and validated.

Fill your boots.

But just know that the rest of us are laughing at you...since you lack the common sense or ability to actually participate in an adult, and civil debate.

YOU are why CB loses members...this is your lot in life.

Personally, I like the fact the BlackBerry is attempting to cater to the various supporters...this says to me they are listening.

It's sad that CB doesn't do more to stop the negativity.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    02-26-14 02:09 AM
    OP, you have saved me having to start the exact same thread.

Having a difference of opinion is not the problem here....some will like this new device, others won't. What ruins the experience of coming to this site at times is all the negative, fatalistic, and know-it-all attitudes of members who want to appear like they know what's good for us and what isn't.

Hey, share your thoughts.....your opinions....as others share theirs....but adamantly stating the new device will fail, or features are not needed, or you know best, is simply an ignorant and trolling tactic.

Clearly, many of these folks don't have a life outside of the Internet, and need to feel important and validated.

Fill your boots.

But just know that the rest of us are laughing at you...since you lack the common sense or ability to actually participate in an adult, and civil debate.

YOU are why CB loses members...this is your lot in life.

Personally, I like the fact the BlackBerry is attempting to cater to the various supporters...this says to me they are listening.

It's sad that CB doesn't do more to stop the negativity.

Reason and logic has no place here. Be gone! lol.

They have made it so clear that they are not replacing the Q10-like devices with Q20-like devices with the belt. Yet we have these people who feel like just because they don't like it, that means nobody else should have the OPTION to have it either... It's like a person going into a clothing store and demanding that they only stock clothes that fit him/her perfectly...
    02-26-14 02:16 AM
    Reason and logic has no place here. Be gone! lol.

They have made it so clear that they are not replacing the Q10-like devices with Q20-like devices with the belt. Yet we have these people who feel like just because they don't like it, that means nobody else should have the OPTION to have it either... It's like a person going into a clothing store and demanding that they only stock clothes that fit him/her perfectly...
    I could not agree more..."you're either with us or against us"...sad sense of logic, but true.

02-26-14 02:22 AM
    I can only speak for myself, but I believe the frustration with this news is the unknown of where BlackBerry is going with their products. Where is the successor to the very popular Z10, where is the successor to the Q10....etc. Instead they announce another new product, a product catered to a very niche market. I believe the issue here is the priority of the new products, I would prefer to hear about the high end Q30.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    02-26-14 07:56 AM
    Ok, it's one thing if they announced that the buttons and track pad will replace the gestures of BB10, but they are not. So you could completely ignore it if you like. Also, the fact that they are calling it BB Classic proves that it's not like all future devices will be like this. So not only is it optional to use it, but it's optional to purchase this device with it. So, what I wonder is, why are people who do not like the feature, coming into a forum specifically about a device with this feature, only to talk about how the world revolves around them so if they don't like a feature that means nobody should have access to that feature??

The solution is simple if you don't like it. Buy one of the million all-touch devices out there. Buy the next BB10 qwerty device that doesn't have the trackpad and buttons. Or buy the Q20 and don't ever use the trackpad and buttons. SIMPLE, and you will never be called out as the trolls that you currently are. Please stick to the forums about the devices you are actually interested in. Are you guys THAT bored?

Thanks.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    So if someone doesn't like something and expresses their opinion of thought on a public forum designed for purposes of varying discussion they are now a troll?

This is the most delusional post I have ever read.

The world revolves around people who think a new QWERTY phone without a toolbelt should have been formalised prior to this phone does it?

Actually laughing out loud...

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    02-26-14 08:06 AM
    I can only speak for myself, but I believe the frustration with this news is the unknown of where BlackBerry is going with their products. Where is the successor to the very popular Z10, where is the successor to the Q10....etc. Instead they announce another new product, a product catered to a very niche market. I believe the issue here is the priority of the new products, I would prefer to hear about the high end Q30.

First I wouldn't call the Z10 very popular...but isn't the Z30 (which you appear to be using, based on your signature) the Z10's successor?

02-26-14 08:19 AM
    First I wouldn't call the Z10 very popular...but isn't the Z30 (which you appear to be using, based on your signature) the Z10's successor?

I don't feel the Z30 is the successor to the Z10, different form factor, many prefer the 4.2" over the 5", and I believe the Z10 is the most popular BB10 device.

02-26-14 09:26 AM

Yet, they have made it clear that this is merely a separate category of devices. They still will have all-touch devices and qwerty devices without the belt. Again, I HATE repeating myself, but it seems I need to for some odd reason, this is IN ADDITION to what they have, not in place of. So what is the issue? Why is it bad that other people will have an option they would prefer just because you don't prefer it?

02-26-14 10:22 AM
    So if someone doesn't like something and expresses their opinion of thought on a public forum designed for purposes of varying discussion they are now a troll?

This is the most delusional post I have ever read.

The world revolves around people who think a new QWERTY phone without a toolbelt should have been formalised prior to this phone does it?

Actually laughing out loud...

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    OMFG. Here it is again...

Is this the 3rd or 4th time I had to copy and paste this? Is someone keeping count?

Anilu7 and hazarder like this.
    02-26-14 10:24 AM
    just because a phone doesn't appeal to you, doesn't mean there's not a faction of people who want it...the ignorance of some people in these forums is stunning.

It's not stunning, it's expected.
    02-26-14 10:33 AM
    OMFG. Here it is again...

Is this the 3rd or 4th time I had to copy and paste this? Is someone keeping count?

If it's happening more than once that your post is being misinterpreted perhaps you have failed in the presentation of your opinion causing people to read it in a different way... just saying.
    deptech likes this.
    02-26-14 10:40 AM
    Because it is a step back in principles, the Z10 was the first phone to say no buttons and now we are going backwards

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    02-26-14 10:46 AM
    If it's happening more than once that your post is being misinterpreted perhaps you have failed in the presentation of your opinion causing people to read it in a different way... just saying.
    Yet there are plenty of people who understood it correctly. I guess they must be psychic...

02-26-14 10:53 AM
    Because it is a step back in principles, the Z10 was the first phone to say no buttons and now we are going backwards

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    It's not a step backwards to create a new Classic category. They're listening to the costumers who find the tool belt useful.

Since when is listening to costumers a bad thing?

You still have the non trackpad qwerty and non trackpad all touch devices. But now people also have a choice of trackpad qwerty devices.

Oh no, too much choice?
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-26-14 10:58 AM
    It's not a step backwards to create a new Classic category. They're listening to the costumers who find the tool belt useful.

Since when is listening to costumers a bad thing?

You still have the non trackpad qwerty and non trackpad all touch devices. But now people also have a choice of trackpad qwerty devices.

Oh no, too much choice?
    Duh, choices are not good unless he agrees with all of them. Screw everyone else...

02-26-14 11:02 AM
    Yet there are plenty of people who understood it correctly. I guess they must be psychic...

Regardless the post is open to interpretation as evidenced by the 3 or 4 times you've had to copy and paste the same explanation. As opposed to you making a clear statement which shows a definitive stance.Therefore, people feel like if they disagree with you or have contrasting views on the reinstatement of the toolbelt on the Q20 they are a troll.

In fact someone in one of the earlier posts actually wasn't sure if you considered them a troll... pretty sure trolls know they're trolling but your inability to explain yourself clearly in your OP has caused this confusion.
    02-26-14 11:13 AM
    Regardless the post is open to interpretation as evidenced by the 3 or 4 times you've had to copy and paste the same explanation. As opposed to you making a clear statement which shows a definitive stance.Therefore, people feel like if they disagree with you or have contrasting views on the reinstatement of the toolbelt on the Q20 they are a troll.

In fact someone in one of the earlier posts actually wasn't sure if you considered them a troll... pretty sure trolls know they're trolling but your inability to explain yourself clearly in your OP has caused this confusion.
    So you say I didn't explain it well as evidenced by a few individuals who didn't understand it while I say it is the few individuals who simply didn't understand what I wrote as evidenced by the many people who understood it fine. So, is it more likely for people to get something wrong or people to "coincidentally" get it right by accident? Hm... This is up for interpretation, so interpret it any way you see fit.

02-26-14 11:21 AM
    So you say I didn't explain it well as evidenced by a few individuals who didn't understand it while I say it is the few individuals who simply didn't understand what I wrote as evidenced by the many people who understood it fine. So, is it more likely for people to get something wrong or people to "coincidentally" get it right by accident? Hm... This is up for interpretation, so interpret it any way you see fit.

Will do, cheers.
    02-26-14 11:22 AM
120 12345