Ok, it's one thing if they announced that the buttons and track pad will replace the gestures of BB10, but they are not. So you could completely ignore it if you like. Also, the fact that they are calling it BB Classic proves that it's not like all future devices will be like this. So not only is it optional to use it, but it's optional to purchase this device with it. So, what I wonder is, why are people who do not like the feature, coming into a forum specifically about a device with this feature, only to talk about how the world revolves around them so if they don't like a feature that means nobody should have access to that feature??

The solution is simple if you don't like it. Buy one of the million all-touch devices out there. Buy the next BB10 qwerty device that doesn't have the trackpad and buttons. Or buy the Q20 and don't ever use the trackpad and buttons. SIMPLE, and you will never be called out as the trolls that you currently are. Please stick to the forums about the devices you are actually interested in. Are you guys THAT bored?

Thanks.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-25-14 05:09 PM
    LOL. Which guys are you referring to? Don't take it so hard. Ignore the comments. You didn't announce it. If people wanna hate the trackpad (YUCK!) so what of it? I won't buy one but hey!! A LOT of people are gonna be happy!! And BlackBerry will make money! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-25-14 05:11 PM
    LOL. Which guys are you referring to? Don't take it so hard. Ignore the comments. You didn't announce it. If people wanna hate the trackpad (YUCK!) so what of it? I won't buy one but hey!! A LOT of people are gonna be happy!! And BlackBerry will make money! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not taking anything hard. I simply don't understand trolls and wanted to hear what their excuse is for wasting their time on a forum about a device they are not interested in.

02-25-14 05:20 PM
    I agree with OP, people are jumping the gun way to quick. "This will be BlackBerrys downfall", blah blah blah. Just wait and see, this device I imagine is meant to help legacy users transition onto BlackBerry 10 OS. Plus, I for one think this is a good idea, why not? I loved the track pad when it was available. Easily scroll through text without having to zoom in or touch the wrong letter.
    Fight on OP, fight on!

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    02-25-14 06:13 PM
    I hope I wasn't considered a troll...

I think the Q20 isn't for current BB10 users and that it will be the only trackpad + "belt" equipped phone, with touch sensitive keys (or just the space bar) replacing the trackpad for future qwerty models.

That said if people want the Q20 by all means fill your boots, I'm going to try and wait for the next qwerty device, but I doubt I'll last that long so I'll end up with one anyways

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:29 PM
    I'm all honesty, releasing a device in 2014 (or late 2014 to be more specific) with physical buttons and a trackpad when they were publicly denounced over 3 years is bad. To think of what the press will say over this when it is released is a nightmare.

I get why this is being released- to push the BBos folks forward, but it would have been better done through a virtual implementation without eating up so much real estate. Those people that want this should see the benefits of more real estate on screen, and have the legacy option to toggle this.

Apart from every thighs already cited, this fragments the OS into variants with hardware keys and those without. Developers already have pains between the Q, Z Lines and this will only add another layer.

Public perception of this will and probably is already Bad. The belt is iconic blackberry, more specific - iconic Java BlackBerry. Hourglass, low memory, horrible camera and app support. You want the stigma of all that back? Bb10 is fresh, is gesture based and arguably you don't need the those buttons. To take another step back like this will only cause more people to lose confidence in direction of the company.

Tell me OP, we're you happy when Thor announced a new OS7 device a few months ago? Just curious. Look up what people said on that one. This has potential go be much much worse.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:30 PM
    The fact that they ditched it years ago and are bringing it back hoping for nostalgia buys. Its just so pointless with swiping...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:49 PM
    I'm all honesty, releasing a device in 2014 (or late 2014 to be more specific) with physical buttons and a trackpad when they were publicly denounced over 3 years is bad. To think of what the press will say over this when it is released is a nightmare.

I get why this is being released- to push the BBos folks forward, but it would have been better done through a virtual implementation without eating up so much real estate. Those people that want this should see the benefits of more real estate on screen, and have the legacy option to toggle this.

Apart from every thighs already cited, this fragments the OS into variants with hardware keys and those without. Developers already have pains between the Q, Z Lines and this will only add another layer.

Public perception of this will and probably is already Bad. The belt is iconic blackberry, more specific - iconic Java BlackBerry. Hourglass, low memory, horrible camera and app support. You want the stigma of all that back? Bb10 is fresh, is gesture based and arguably you don't need the those buttons. To take another step back like this will only cause more people to lose confidence in direction of the company.

Tell me OP, we're you happy when Thor announced a new OS7 device a few months ago? Just curious. Look up what people said on that one. This has potential go be much much worse.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the touch screen world has taken over, but why can't BlackBerry test the waters? This might just go better than everyone's initial reactions. A Lot of what you said is very opinionated, it makes sense but it's in no way fact. Only time will be the teller of this tale, not speculation.

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    acovey, damien kupuku and Anilu7 like this.
    02-25-14 06:57 PM
    If it has the option to disable the bar on the bottom of the screen to make more screen space which can be replaced with the buttons then it will be great. I do lots of copy/paste and selecting text and I hate it so much on the screen. Also having to hold your finger down on screen for a second to get save option for pics or other things is annoying. Those functions are instantaneous with the buttons. I will use both the swipe and buttons on it. They both are useful for me. I am still waiting for the application shortcuts I was promised so I can just press a single button to open my favorite app. I am a power user who would utilize both the old with the new together. I like the option to chose touch or buttons depending on what I'm doing. I'll buy this as soon as its release and keep my Q10 as a backup.
    02-25-14 07:16 PM
    If it has the option to disable the bar on the bottom of the screen to make more screen space which can be replaced with the buttons then it will be great. I do lots of copy/paste and selecting text and I hate it so much on the screen. Also having to hold your finger down on screen for a second to get save option for pics or other things is annoying. Those functions are instantaneous with the buttons. I will use both the swipe and buttons on it. They both are useful for me. I am still waiting for the application shortcuts I was promised so I can just press a single button to open my favorite app. I am a power user who would utilize both the old with the new together. I like the option to chose touch or buttons depending on what I'm doing. I'll buy this as soon as its release and keep my Q10 as a backup.
    Optimal thinking, awesome.

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-25-14 07:20 PM
    I'll be happy when they keep this abomination on the down low and just mail it to the luddites who have been whining about the need for belt. They will be crucified in the media for this backwards phone.

And I'm not a troll. I like BlackBerry more than 80% of the people here. But this is suicide.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:31 PM
    Trackpad is optional, why the trolling?-dma-1611.jpg

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    02-25-14 07:35 PM
    You mad, bro?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-14 07:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Poor comparison. A BB OS 7 IS old technology. This is merely adding an old PROVEN feature back into the NEW platform. It's still BB10, it still has a touchscreen, it still has all of the same gestures. Adding familiar features does not mean the device is magically "old" now despite what you want to think. And if it successfully brings a bunch of legacy BB hold-outs onto BB10, is that a bad thing? The press is already bad on BB, you think they will say anything positive had they not announced this? Come on, get real. The media will always bad-mouth BB no matter what. This isn't going to change or add to it...
    02-25-14 07:54 PM
    The fact that they ditched it years ago and are bringing it back hoping for nostalgia buys. Its just so pointless with swiping...

Posted via CB10
    Then don't get it, wait for the next qwerty without it, or buy an all-touch...
    02-25-14 07:55 PM
    I personally don't like the track pad idea, a redundant feature in my opinion, and having a difference of opinion doesn't make someone a troll.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    02-25-14 07:55 PM
    I'll be happy when they keep this abomination on the down low and just mail it to the luddites who have been whining about the need for belt. They will be crucified in the media for this backwards phone.

And I'm not a troll. I like BlackBerry more than 80% of the people here. But this is suicide.

Posted via CB10
    Who is doing the "whining?" You are the one going to a forum for a device you obviously don't care to have or even have any interest in, given you seem to have jumped on the all-touchscreen bandwagon anyway, you probably don't even care for the Q10 without the belt. Yet you are going to a forum for a device with TWO features you don't care for, just to whine, errr, I'm sorry, I mean, "express" how you don't like this feature and how everyone who doesn't think exactly as you do are "luddites" even though this will still have all of the latest technology in it... Sorry you don't like it, but sorry the company will not taylor their products to only exactly what you would be interested in. I'm sure they will pay for such a terrible mistake and think later "man, we should have listened to Kecstra." ;-)
    Anilu7, hazarder and acovey like this.
    02-25-14 07:58 PM
    Adding the trackpad to an already amazing os like BlackBerry 10 is a dream come true!
    02-25-14 07:59 PM
    You mad, bro?
    LOL, I'm sure you use every other internet meme and "cool" sayings because that makes you feel like you really belong to the flock. :-P Congrats dude. Apparently I'm too dull to change my vocabulary based on the whim of the internet community...
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-25-14 08:00 PM
    I never said that everyone with a different opinion is a troll. Quite the opposite. I'm talking about the people, as proven by some responses here, that insult everyone who wants this new device since it doesn't fit with their own opinion. I'm all for differences in opinion, and that's the exact reason for me asking this. People who have absolutely no interest in the device are coming into this forum just to bash and make fun of the people who do. That is the very definition of trolling. I am a keyboard person myself, I find typing on a physical keyboard to be more accurate and more convenient (typing without looking, homescreen shortcuts and universal search, etc.) but do you see me going into the Z10 and Z30 forums to make fun of everyone's typos? No, because I'm not a troll...
    Last edited by slagman5; 02-26-14 at 02:05 AM.
    02-25-14 08:03 PM
    Not all against the Q20 design are trolling, but plenty are.

This phone will not be a step back, but will provide Legacy device owners a chance to step forward.

Legacy devices still outsell BB10 devices, maybe this can convert those customers.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    02-25-14 08:03 PM
    Adding the trackpad to an already amazing os like BlackBerry 10 is a dream come true!
    Apparently some people think it is replacing BB10 for some odd reason... Glad I'm not the only person who understands that this is in addition to what we have, no in place of anything...
    02-25-14 08:04 PM
    Ok, it's one thing if they announced that the buttons and track pad will replace the gestures of BB10, but they are not. So you could completely ignore it if you like. Also, the fact that they are calling it BB Classic proves that it's not like all future devices will be like this. So not only is it optional to use it, but it's optional to purchase this device with it. So, what I wonder is, why are people who do not like the feature, coming into a forum specifically about a device with this feature, only to talk about how the world revolves around them so if they don't like a feature that means nobody should have access to that feature??

The solution is simple if you don't like it. Buy one of the million all-touch devices out there. Buy the next BB10 qwerty device that doesn't have the trackpad and buttons. Or buy the Q20 and don't ever use the trackpad and buttons. SIMPLE, and you will never be called out as the trolls that you currently are. Please stick to the forums about the devices you are actually interested in. Are you guys THAT bored?

Thanks.

I totally agree with your sentiments.

I guess people will always find something to complain about. Like you, I don't understand the trolling.
    acovey, Anilu7 and hazarder like this.
    02-25-14 08:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can still purchase a brand new Bold 9900 and a brand new 9320 - both have trackpad's.

As the OP said, you don't have to buy the new Q20.
    acovey, damien kupuku and Anilu7 like this.
    02-25-14 08:10 PM
    A company called Steinhart makes great Rolex homage vintage military watches. People love them. It's not always evidence of some mistake to go classic. People love first loves, and people appreciate things with history. Not to mention when it works as intended and does so really really well. This phone exited me and reminds me of the Bold that introduced me to BlackBerry.

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    02-25-14 08:12 PM
120 123 ...