08-15-14 01:31 PM
657 ... 252627
    Touch screens are toys. Sorry. I'm SICK of RIM trying to build a better IPhone!! I've spent the last year trying to love the Z10 and then the Q10 and just last month dusted off and re-activated my old 9930 and productivity is finally back to pre-z10 levels. The trackpad is simply more efficient and precise. I can operate the 9930 with a single thumb all day long. That frees up my right hand for writing, drinking coffee, etc... Virtually EVERYone in my office has come to the same conclusion. 3 colleagues have reverted back to the 9650!! THEY are the three most productive in our office!!

The 9930 form factor is a nearly perfect business tool. Bring it's OS, processor and memory up to 10 standards and everyone in MY office will be first in line to pay BIG money for them. RIM has WRECKED itself trying to out iPhone Apple. It's time they get back to business.
    04-05-14 09:58 PM
    I miss the trackpad and utility belt! So glad they're bringing those back on the Q20!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:41 AM
    Athena and Steve above. I agree with you two 150%. The problem were seeing here, is the lapse of time BlackBerry has from the 9900 to this new device with a toolbelt. That right there took qwerty die hard like myself right into the Devils hands, so to speak. I still am one of those people who will never be convince that typing on glass is better than a phys qwert. However, my exposure to Android and the Note 2 has made me not want to give up the screen real estate. The apps thing I couldn't care less about.
    If BlackBerry made a snap on keyboard that fits over the glass of any smartphone, they would probably dig out of their financial trouble with just that one piece of hardware. Think about all the former BlackBerry users who now have an iPhone or any all touch device. I bet lots would buy a snap on true BlackBerry keypad. Samsung has a patent on a snap on like layover keypad. Blackberry can do this easily, it's already existing tech

Sent from my former crackberry lovin fingiz
    04-07-14 10:57 AM
    Seriously guys, chill!
    Blackberry is putting the tool belt on SOME NOT ALL of its upcoming devices. For those of u wondering how and why u'd use a tool belt rather than gestures, there are several reasons. 1 , cursor placement via finger is a real *?!#. . Trackpad is still king here. 2 , physical call and end buttons make the phone experience much easier and more positive plus the end button can also exit apps. 3, having all your menu options in one place is convenient. 4, a dedicated back button is also convenient and simple. And I'm certain Blackberry is up to integrating the tool belt effectively into BB10.
    For those who think the tool belt is a step backwards that will hurt Blackberry, JC and other BlackBerry insiders have repeatedly stated that this is new and much more advanced version, nothing like BB7's iteration. Given the Passport's innovative and capacitive keyboard, I'm willing to go on a bit of faith here. Cheers!
    07-16-14 02:33 PM
    As I've said a million times, the 9900 and 9790 were simply the best....all Blackberry had to do was make incremental and solid internal updates and keep refining the exterior and everyone would be happy.
    wilber1 and DeliFresser like this.
    07-17-14 05:09 AM
    Agreed paz

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-17-14 06:13 AM
    With the new Classis coming later. Does anyone know if the track pad controls all, or does a person still need to swipe as with the Q10-annoying most times. The editing sucks.
    08-15-14 01:31 PM
657 ... 252627