Dude, they've been adding back BBOS features and shortcuts since the launch, have you missed it?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums

They haven't been adding BBOS features per s�, they just added functionality than an OS should have, and it happened that BBOS had them! :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 10:21 AM
    The real reason Blackberry are bringing back the belt is simple:

They finally realised there are more "belfastdispatchers" out there in the real world then users that want BB to be an iphone or android clone, these users seem to make up most of CB right now hence the big disconnect between predominately BBOS users that make up BB user base and BB10 users that practically took over CB.

BitPusher2600 likes this.
    02-26-14 10:22 AM
    They haven't been adding BBOS features per s�, they just added functionality than an OS should have, and it happened that BBOS had them! :-)

Posted via CB10
    That's an insult to all those BB engineers that perfected the BlackBerry UX . Sadly they got rid of those engineers and had to learn everything again, the hard way.

xanadome and tomsobon like this.
    02-26-14 10:24 AM
    The real reason Blackberry are bringing back the belt is simple:

They finally realised there are more "belfastdispatchers" out there in the real world then users that want BB to be an iphone or android clone, these users seem to make up most of CB right now hence the big disconnect between predominately BBOS users that make up BB user base and BB10 users that practically took over CB.

Since you're so good with prediction how many sales the first quarter?
    02-26-14 11:01 AM
    Since you're so good with prediction how many sales the first quarter?
    It will outsell any other BB10 device.

02-26-14 11:04 AM
    Imo the best way would be implement an optional virtual trackpad in 10.3 (for Q10 and Q5) instead of the word suggestions and the hardware trackpad with the Q20 and voil� everyone is satisfied!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    02-26-14 11:35 AM

I agree until BES users are done upgrading old phones then I predict they will sell less after that.
    02-26-14 11:36 AM

Z3 doesn't have the belt, will be released in their homes to market soon. Will be interesting times.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:02 PM
    Z3 doesn't have the belt, will be released in their homes to market soon. Will be interesting times.

Posted via CB10
    It was probably far too late to change the design. The Z3 seems really bland me too device, I can't see it selling at all. That's not what people want from a blackberry

02-26-14 12:05 PM
    It was probably far too late to change the design. The Z3 seems really bland me too device, I can't see it selling at all. That's not what people want from a blackberry

Well I was a die hard PKB user, Treo 600 through Bold 9900, till I got the Z10, and now that I'm proficient with BB10 I don't want a trackpad or belt cluttering up an all touch device. So has BlackBerry made me no longer a BlackBerry person?

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-26-14 12:10 PM
    Well I was a die hard PKB user, Treo 600 through Bold 9900, till I got the Z10, and now that I'm proficient with BB10 I don't want a trackpad or belt cluttering up an all touch device. So has BlackBerry made me no longer a BlackBerry person?

Posted via CB10
    Not enough people like you I'm afraid. Clearly BB10 the way it is now it's not selling.

02-26-14 12:12 PM
    The Z3 does look cheap and bland, but that's the intent of the low-cost design. Heck, the Galaxy S5 has a metal ring around it that looks like it came off a 1950's kitchen appliance.

Hopefully it sells well in the markets it's intended to sell in. I wouldn't see it selling well at all in North America, but that's not where it's headed.
    02-26-14 12:12 PM

So why are bothering with it at all? Or did they just now figure out what their people want?
    02-26-14 12:14 PM
    So why are bothering with it at all? Or did they just now figure out what their people want?
    Good question, I think they should've canceled it, "I want a big very pointy rectangular BlackBerry" said nobody that ever bought a small Curve.

02-26-14 12:17 PM
    Not enough people like you I'm afraid. Clearly BB10 the way it is now it's not selling.

So if the buttons are so important in Indonesia, then why did cheap Android devices decimate BlackBerry there? You think a sub $200 Q20 device would sell better there than sub $200 Android device?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-26-14 12:19 PM
    So if the buttons are so important in Indonesia, then why did cheap Android devices decimate BlackBerry there? You think a sub $200 Q20 device would sell better there than sub $200 Android device?

Posted via CB10
    1 the legacy lineup is very old in the tooth.

2 android has value added services plus apps.

What does the Z3 have?

The Q20 is not aimed at regular consumers.

02-26-14 12:22 PM
    1 the legacy lineup is very old in the tooth.

2 android has value added services plus apps.

What does the Z3 have?

The Q20 is not aimed at regular consumers.

So neither phone will sell because I think it's mostly consumers there that were buying curves etc.
    02-26-14 12:25 PM
    So neither phone will sell because I think it's mostly consumers there that were buying curves etc.
    The Q20 is very clearly aimed at the Legacy BES users, there is absolutely no doubt about it in my mind.

RyanGermann likes this.
    02-26-14 12:28 PM
    The Q20 is very clearly aimed at the Legacy BES users, there is absolutely no doubt about it in my mind.

All the legacy BES users I see on the internal boards are asking why they aren't being switched to iPhones and Android, and complain about small screens.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:42 PM
    All the legacy BES users I see on the internal boards are asking why they aren't being switched to iPhones and Android, and complain about small screens.

Posted via CB10
    They're the end user, not actually the BES bill payer. The answer is simple, security.

I highly doubt they would like a locked down with no apps iphone or android anyway, they'd ask for their BlackBerrys back.

02-26-14 12:44 PM
    They should put the blackberry logo under the keyboard at the corner to gain the extra screen space without actually making the phone too big
    02-26-14 02:15 PM
    I think it will sell decent. A lot of people still on legacy devices are off contract now. The timing should be good.
    02-26-14 02:18 PM
    I think blackberry got their user data via BES so they exactly know which devices their customers have.
    I think they see a lot of BB7 devices with their customers so they think the hard trackpad will commit them to change to BB10!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    02-26-14 02:23 PM
    They're the end user, not actually the BES bill payer. The answer is simple, security.

I highly doubt they would like a locked down with no apps iphone or android anyway, they'd ask for their BlackBerrys back.

I know the answer is security, but why does the BES bill payer GAF about the belt? They don't they care about security. The belt didn't stop adoption of BB10 for BES customers, it is the extra servers, lack of stability at RIM, and the fact BES still isn't ready as 12 will have a lot of features needed too.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:54 PM
    Blackberry is clearly confused and is changing direction all of the time. The signs of a desperate company fighting to survive.
    and your point is that right now BlackBerry's reputation is good enough that it is in some way at risk of being disparaged because, and only because, of this decision... that their reputation will be harmed in a manner that will have a significant negative impact on their viability as a business if they do this.

Here's a life lesson for you and other's worried about BlackBerry's reputation: when i'm working on something with a friend or family member and something falls on the floor, I can see the stress on their face if I don't stop what i'm doing to pick it up... when they go to reach for it (because i'm aware of it but not immediately picking it up) I tell them "what's the hurry, it can't fall any farther".

Only good can come out of this because BlackBerry can't fall any farther.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 03:03 PM
657 ... 2021222324 ...