blackberry just made a huge nistake
    Once again, comments like this, with no justification, reasoning or even the slightest support of the argument

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 likes this.
    02-25-14 01:36 AM
    For those that missed it, I Told You It Was Coming Back

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    tomsobon, ssbtech and jegs2 like this.
    02-25-14 01:39 AM
    You are absolutely wrong, as are others on this thread. You don't get it: to survive, Blackberry must appeal to hardcore users: for example, lawyers who need to edit lengthy emails and documents. And cutting and pasting text on a smallish screen is just slow and difficult. Blackberry cannot and should not try to be a device with mass appeal like Android and Iphone. There's just no reason to go with Blackberry if it is the same functionality. Security isn't a big enough lure for many people. But functionality is. This is a work phone. In the future, look for it to have a version of Office as well. And that makes sense. All BBRY supporters should get on board Chen's efforts to make products that work for road warriors and journalists and lawyers and so forth.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    I think that it is a good move finally. If q10 is kept in the catalog, adding a trackpad one may convinced people to upgrade without fearing a new os.

Posted via CB10
    I think that it is a good move finally. If q10 is kept in the catalog, adding a trackpad one may convinced people to upgrade without fearing a new os.

Posted via CB10
    The only problem is... They said it'll have a plastic body and I'm thinking it's more of a Q5 with a trackpad than a Q10 with one. I want the high end Q10 with a trackpad not the budget Q5 with a trackpad, although that option would be nice for those that are on a budget

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 01:43 AM
    Ok I thought about it and I think I have a change of heart. I don't like the idea but it's better for BlackBerry to add the trackpad to keep Apple from taking it. If anything we do not want Apple having the one thing that made the BlackBerry, the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 01:49 AM
    It seems like most of you don't want BlackBerry to succeed as a company, but to satisfy your personal desires.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    02-25-14 01:52 AM

Don't kid yourself. You said BBOS was coming back. The entire platform. You didn't say BB10 would have an added trackpad.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=904235

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-25-14 01:55 AM
    Here we go guys, it is now official.

The new Blackberry Q20, or Blackberry Classic, will feature the trackpad together with a functional belt!!

Now it's just a matter of waiting for pictures of this new phone, i just hope we are not going back to a smaller screen size than the Q10 to make space for the belt!!

Happy? not happy? at this stage i just cant say, let's just hope for a cool design!
    Shadowyugi and jegs2 like this.
    02-25-14 01:55 AM
    Don't kid yourself. You said BBOS was coming back. The entire platform. You didn't say BB10 would have an added trackpad.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=904235

Posted via CB10
    That was way before that thread, try to keep up with my "predictions"

Kris Simundson likes this.
    02-25-14 01:56 AM
    im guessing same screen size as Q10 just a bigger phone like the Q5 chasis.
    02-25-14 02:14 AM
    02-25-14 02:52 AM
    Once again, comments like this, with no justification, reasoning or even the slightest support of the argument

Posted via CB10
    ok if you would like...blackberry made a big mistake. imo... because...

1. With the implementation of an all touch os.. to put a physical "back button" is admitting defeat.. and also ..legacy users didn't adapt because of lack of information. not because of the track pad. and call and hang up button... waste of time... if you can't figure out how to push a call and call end button... physical keys is not your problem... i have lots of friends still using there 9900's.. not because the q doesn't have a track pad or ' tool belt' its because all the crap that has been said about bb.. and if they will still be here in a year.. and a lot have gotten used to the apps.on other os devices. and word on the street is bb doesn't have ANY...

2. they are scaring all the people who adapted because of bb10s all touch...
    all there is was chen saying we are a keyboard phone company they they are coming out with a keyboard phone... why don''t they just re release the 9900 with bb10...no promise of continued touch screen only phones..
    if you wan't the track pad they should make the space bar the track pad...simply clean and doesn't affect the interface of the os..
    3. since day one people have complained and complained about the terrible life of the z10 battery...if they were listening where is the new replacement 2500mah battery? so much for listening.. they just want to up sell a replacement and charger..

this is a ploy to get all the "legace slow coaches" to upgrade to bb10... if thats what it takes but
    call it as it is... don't say we listen.. if they listen we would have a slider by now...

what about all the people who left for ios and android... some came back for the q physical keyboard... now all i hear about is they don't like the size of the screen... i have not heard or seen one thread on crackberry about some one missing the track pad.. and that they wished they could bring it back... rant over

IMO... i love the simple design of the zed 10.. no buttons. no muss no fuss, simple and easy to use..
    canu900 and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-25-14 02:53 AM

Nope. You went and spewed that BBOS would be coming back. It was well documented. You even went on and claim that the BlackBerry Classic was to be a BBOS device. Its not like we don't know.

But then... somebody may just accidently delete all of his/her mails, with or without "belt", with or without user input. Somebody, somewhere.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-25-14 02:55 AM
    Nope. You went and spewed that BBOS would be coming back. It was well documented. You even went on and claim that the BlackBerry Classic was to be a BBOS device. Its not like we don't know.

But then... somebody may just accidently delete all of his/her mails, with or without "belt", with or without user input. Somebody, somewhere.
    Different thread different prediction, keep up.

02-25-14 02:57 AM
    Quit arguing or I'll toss the lot of ya for a day or two.

And for the love of all things BlackBerry, stop trying to evade the bad word filter. I cuss like a sailor but there's no need to cuss when typing words really, come on now.
    02-25-14 03:12 AM
    Tch. Fine. You call the shots. But there are us who knew what happened exactly and how it turned out, twisted or not, revised or not.
    02-25-14 03:23 AM
    Tch. Fine. You call the shots. But there are us who knew what happened exactly and how it turned out, twisted or not, revised or not.
    Can you PM me? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

02-25-14 03:24 AM
    Can you PM me? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

done, and done.
    02-25-14 03:33 AM
    Astonished at some of these comments. Finally Blackberry acknowledge and address what many view as their worst mistake with BB10 - removal of the trackpad - and people act as if its the end of the world.

This isn't moving back, this IS moving forward. Failure to acknowledge mistakes means you are doomed to repeat them. Many view the removal of the trackpad as of serious detriment to the text editing experience. 10.2.1 addressed much of this, but a proper trackpad is far superior for text editing in a lot of peoples eyes still. Certainly I'm of that school of thought, and If I'm wrong I must have missed the roaring success Blackberry 10 became in a market where even MS have overtaken them, and worse assorted tech Journo's only laughed as if it were a joke.

There is nobody who has yet persuaded me that the trackpad is slower to edit text than Blackberry 10, but that's just my view. The polarising 'ring', and all its inconsistent behaviour problems will finally be a subject of choice - buy whichever phone you wish, theres a blackberry for all comers now. But why act as if this is bad news?

Everyone who says this is a bad thing - how about we all see where blackberry is when this hits the market? Its not going to end them, as there is a choice - trackpad phones or non trackpad. Lets see which ones sell best and not pretend anyone has a crystal ball. After all, I remember many said 'the trackpad is gone and it isn't coming back - get over it'. No one seems to have 20 20 foresight round these parts suprisingly.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    02-25-14 03:51 AM
    I have my q10 and my 9900 and the few times i had to switch back i was just like this track pad and keys getting in my way. Why go back to that when people are used to the gestures?!!!

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-25-14 03:52 AM
    Astonished at some of these comments. Finally Blackberry acknowledge and address what many view as their worst mistake with BB10 - removal of the trackpad - and people act as if its the end of the world.

This isn't moving back, this IS moving forward. Failure to acknowledge mistakes means you are doomed to repeat them. Many view the removal of the trackpad as of serious detriment to the text editing experience. 10.2.1 addressed much of this, but a proper trackpad is far superior for text editing in a lot of peoples eyes still. Certainly I'm of that school of thought, and If I'm wrong I must have missed the roaring success Blackberry 10 became in a market where even MS have overtaken them, and worse assorted tech Journo's only laughed as if it were a joke.

There is nobody who has yet persuaded me that the trackpad is slower to edit text than Blackberry 10, but that's just my view. The polarising 'ring', and all its inconsistent behaviour problems will finally be a subject of choice - buy whichever phone you wish, theres a blackberry for all comers now. But why act as if this is bad news?

Everyone who says this is a bad thing - how about we all see where blackberry is when this hits the market? Its not going to end them, as there is a choice - trackpad phones or non trackpad. Lets see which ones sell best and not pretend anyone has a crystal ball. After all, I remember many said 'the trackpad is gone and it isn't coming back - get over it'. No one seems to have 20 20 foresight round these parts suprisingly.
    I think it'll be polarizing when future touchscreens also may possibly come in a single flavour: the belt attached.
    02-25-14 03:55 AM
    I am actually not happy about this movement.

Hardcore BlackBerry users who want the trackpad won't keep the company afloat.

The millions of BBOS users are probably still on the legacy devices because they haven't finished their contracts yet.

The problem with BB10 has always been the availability of consumer and business apps that everybody want and love. That has been the crux of the issue, coupled with the fact that the marketing team are appalling at the job that has been given to them.

Suddenly re-introducing the trackpad to the BB10 qwerty devices does not automatically mean that the BBOS users start to upgrade. If the apps are not there, they are not coming.

And for those who will say that Chen is trying to cater to the business and enterprise side of things, fair enough.
    But where does that leave them?
    where does that leave us?

I am not dissing the advantages of a trackpad but what is progress and change if we are only going to eventually go back to the past that we are trying to move away from?
    02-25-14 04:01 AM
    As far as I'm concerned, marketing BB10 phones with the trackpad is going to be a tough nut to crack. The gestures that were supposed to be new and innovative goes out the window.

Why? Because the trackpad can now do that.
    02-25-14 04:02 AM

The millions of BBOS users are probably still on the legacy devices because they haven't finished their contracts
    I don't think so, BB7 came out 3 years ago, most are already out of contract, plus BBOS still outsells BB10 3:1

02-25-14 04:04 AM
657 ... 910111213 ...