True...but Blackberry's touchscreens haven't exactly set the world on fire, have they?

Keyboard users are at least consistent and BB has a shot at keeping them. I don't see BB surviving by chasing touchscreen iPhone's and Androids.

I am just happy they are announcing new devices. That means there is still life in the company.
    klhman475 and Barbareren like this.
    03-02-14 04:11 PM
    I am just happy they are announcing new devices. That means there is still life in the company.

I agree on that point for sure.
    klhman475 likes this.
    03-02-14 06:02 PM
    I love the freedom to choose. Thanks BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    klhman475 likes this.
    03-02-14 06:35 PM
    They'll be lucky if they sell 1 million of them. After 365 days it will not even be for sale anymore, similar to the Z10.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Bold statement, dude
    In the latest news, even after 365 days Z10 still rocks in India.
    tomsobon likes this.
    03-03-14 08:28 AM
    Bold statement, dude
    Can't be. They were waiting for the belt, not realistic pricing!

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-03-14 09:37 AM
    Bold statement, dude
    Yeah, like we haven't heard that before, wait until the the next quarter report for a reality check.

03-03-14 10:08 AM
    The only reality is that the market has changed in what most people want in a smartphone. It's not the first time it has happened. Comparing mass consumer numbers for BB isn't practical on any device. Hopefully, they will improve in their niche.
    Yeah, like we haven't heard that before, wait until the the next quarter report for a reality check.

03-03-14 10:28 AM
    The only problem is... They said it'll have a plastic body and I'm thinking it's more of a Q5 with a trackpad than a Q10 with one. I want the high end Q10 with a trackpad not the budget Q5 with a trackpad, although that option would be nice for those that are on a budget

Posted via CB10
    Chen said it would have the sculpted keys and frets. Look for it to be more (like a Q10. Also, if it's a phone geared to professionals it will NOT look cheap.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 11:06 AM
    im guessing same screen size as Q10 just a bigger phone like the Q5 chasis.
    Chen said a 3.5" screen so bigger than Q10's 3.1".

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 11:08 AM

After resellers dropped the price in India to ~$300 USD last month (there are no carrier device subsidies in India), the sell-rate went up to 500/day and stocks were out all over the country and resellers were re-ordering like crazy.

Not exactly global gangbusters level, but they are selling consistently there.
    03-03-14 03:52 PM
    Here's Why You May Be Buying BlackBerry Again - Forbes

q20 is already gaining traction besides crackberry.
    03-04-14 02:20 PM
    Here's Why You May Be Buying BlackBerry Again - Forbes

q20 is already gaining traction besides crackberry.
    Looks like BlackBerry's long-term is services, like many have been surmising.
    03-06-14 02:43 PM
    To those whiners in the crowd who don't like this super amazing news: GET A LIFE!

I have been PUNCHING AWAY on my Q10 for about 1 minute desperately trying to insert a cursor at the bottom of a memo that I keep.

On behalf of myself and all the 9900 fans out there,

THANK YOU MR. CHEN FOR THE NEW TRACKPAD!
    Johberry and ToY9CiTo like this.
    03-06-14 06:24 PM
    I have been PUNCHING AWAY on my Q10 for about 1 minute desperately trying to insert a cursor at the bottom of a memo that I keep.

Take your punching gloves off.
    03-06-14 11:58 PM
    For haters of physical keyboards and other things many BlackBerry users enjoy, I've got excellent news!

You can still purchase full glass-slab BlackBerry phones at your leisure.

Choice is good!
    03-07-14 12:41 PM
    Personally I am thrilled that BlackBerry keeps making full qwerty physical keyboard smartphones. It is currently the only company brave enough to go against the trend created by Apple. And for that reason alone, i believe, that they deserve a lot of praise! The Q10 is my very first BlackBerry, and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't have considered it if it wasn't for the fact mentioned above; that they are the _only_ company making full keyboard smartphones. I've had many full qwerty smartphones during the years. I started with Symbian OS (Nokia, Sony-Ericsson) and then went to Android (Motorola, Sony-Ericsson). I cannot stand typing much on a virtual keyboard. I love physical qwerty keyboards in all forms; from Nokia's old Communicators; to candy bar keyboards; to landscape slide-out keyboards. I still have a Sony-Ericsson Experia Pro (Android) slider as my back-up phone: http://static.clickbd.com/global/cla...0_original.jpg It was, as far as I know, the very last full qwerty physical keyboard Android smartphone made (at least when it comes to worldwide availability). They made some great sliders (I had them all), but after Sony ditched Ericsson they stopped producing those phones. Nowadays, all smartphones are practically the same when it comes to form factor, unfortunately.
    AthenaSmith and all3n7 like this.
    03-07-14 04:14 PM
    Having a trackpad would make opening different links and URL's much much easier. Sometimes it can be very difficult using touch screens to do so.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 04:24 PM
    Just curious, why can't they make a Q20 screen around 4-4.5" and keep the keyboard with the tool belt, they're bringing back. Would the total size be unworkable? Why go from 3.1-3.5". Just make the jump to 4-4.5" Just my .02
    03-07-14 06:06 PM
    Just curious, why can't they make a Q20 screen around 4-4.5" and keep the keyboard with the tool belt, they're bringing back. Would the total size be unworkable? Why go from 3.1-3.5". Just make the jump to 4-4.5" Just my .02
    No doubt there are people that want a phone that big. I am not among them. The form factor of the Q is about right IMHO as the "phones" of today are barely portable.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    03-08-14 07:35 AM
    No doubt there are people that want a phone that big. I am not among them. The form factor of the Q is about right IMHO as the "phones" of today are barely portable.

Posted via CB10
    I would agree. Can't imagine having a so called "Phablet". I like having a phone that fits in my pocket. ( Most of all though, one with a physical keyboard)

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:21 PM
    I'm so excited for the Q20! I love my Bold 9900 and my Q10, and to combine both would be awesome. I would definitely upgrade to the Q20!
    03-23-14 10:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. 3.5" is already too big.
    03-25-14 05:48 AM
    3.5 is just right size. It would still be a perfect fit to everybody's hand and just great size to fit on anybody pocket. I can't wait to get my hands on this new beast device.

" Initiated from my Q10 "
    03-25-14 12:07 PM
    Besides, putting a 4-4.5 screen will look funny and unbalance when you try to type on a 1 hand. Just take a look of iphone 5 together with "typo" keys. Don't you think it look weird,funny, or ugly. That's only my opinion, but 3.5 is just really portable enough.

" Initiated from my Q10 "
    03-25-14 12:13 PM
    I own a business and I use 2-3 smartphones. Business phone is and hopefully always will be Blackberry, they are work horses and that is what I need. physical keys and trackpad are my absolute ideal for speed and accuracy. Once you accept this Blackberry is your best friend for life. The way it stores contacts, emails, & texts is like bring the office with you, calendar is awesome too. If the track pad and keys are returning, there must be quite a bit of feedback requesting this change. I absolutely want it back. My dream phone is a Blackberry the size of a Samsung Note 2, that would be near heaven!!!!
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to manage my home life and play. the auto-correct does not recognize different regional dialects so it is always correcting right before I send my correspondence. Not good professional impression. So love what your phone can do for you, accept it's limitations and attributes or move on to a different device. Offer ideas in the way of advancing a device. Some of the negative comments amaze me. If a phone can get you that upset then life must be a rude awakening for you.
    Novi
    Last edited by Novi18; 03-26-14 at 03:25 AM. Reason: added comments
    03-26-14 03:22 AM
657 ... 24252627