I know the answer is security, but why does the BES bill payer GAF about the belt? They don't they care about security. The belt didn't stop adoption of BB10 for BES customers, it is the extra servers, lack of stability at RIM, and the fact BES still isn't ready as 12 will have a lot of features needed too.

Posted via CB10
    I'll give you a good reason, without the belt and with a whole new and very different OS they'd have to retrain all their staff, at a cost.

Not many migrated to BES10, most are still on BBOS.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-26-14 03:08 PM
    Not enough people like you I'm afraid. Clearly BB10 the way it is now it's not selling.

Eheh Belfast i like your obstinacy in thinking that BB10 didn't sell because the belt was not there! This is ludicrous!!

I believe the lack of a proper marketing and the OS not being ready, of course the lack of apps, were the main reason for poor sales!

But hey let's see, maybe they will release a super innovative belt, a virtual trackpad and everyone will be happy, me included!

I just don't want to see the design of 2009 coming back to blackberry phones!! Oh god please! :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 03:18 PM
    Eheh Belfast i like your obstinacy in thinking that BB10 didn't sell because the belt was not there! This is ludicrous!!

I believe the lack of a proper marketing and the OS not being ready, of course the lack of apps, was the main reason of poor sales!

But hey let's see, maybe they will release aa super innovative belt, a virtual trakpad and everyone will be happy, me included!

I just don't want to see the design of 2009 coming back to blackberry phones!! Oh god please! :-)

Posted via CB10
    There's many reasons why it didn't sell, but the sum of it is this: BB10 did not appeal to existing users or potential new users.

The Belt and BIS are the main two reasons.

02-26-14 03:23 PM
    OR... the market moved away from the PDA format to a full screen, entertainment format with a built in iPod.
    There's many reasons why it didn't sell, but the sum of it is this: BB10 did not appeal to existing users or potential new users.

The Belt and BIS are the main two reasons.
    02-26-14 03:42 PM
    I'm all for it, anything that's gonna add to #TeamBlackberry10 user base is good. You all complained when the track pad was removed and now your complaining because it's back. This forum is starting to take things wayyy to serious instead of looking at the big picture. Gestures are not for everyone. Telling ppl to learn the gestures or get lost is the reason the market share for devices is the way it is now. Ppl just need to relax lol

BBM: 2B1F4D96
    Channels: C00121E43

BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channels: C00121E43
    02-26-14 03:43 PM
    I'm all for it, anything that's gonna add to #TeamBlackberry10 user base is good. You all complained when the track pad was removed and now your complaining because it's back. This forum is starting to take things wayyy to serious instead of looking at the big picture. Gestures are not for everyone. Telling ppl to learn the gestures or get lost is the reason the market share for devices is the way it is now. Ppl just need to relax lol

BBM: 2B1F4D96
    Channels: C00121E43

Dude how many times are you going to copy/paste your message?! :-)

Btw i was certainly not complaining when the trakpad got removed! I liked that visionary ambitious move :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 03:47 PM
    I think this thread can finally be closed now, we all went all out with our opinions and now are starting to lose stamina :-)

It was a good battle, the black belt battle of the fittest!

:-) good night and good luck blackberry, may the universe mobile force be with you!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 03:52 PM
    I think this thread can finally be closed now, we all went all out with our opinions and now are starting to lose stamina :-)

It was a good battle, the black belt battle of the fittest!

:-) good night and good luck blackberry, may the universe mobile force be with you!!!

Posted via CB10
    So who won? Don't answer. I hope choice won.
    02-26-14 03:57 PM
    I'll copy and paste Until ppl get the point. It's sad that every forum page is filled with hate and dislike for this one particular phone lol I'm on a mission to spread positive vibes about the Q20 amongst the hate lol #teamQ20 relax Friday is almost here lol I'm a positive troll lol

flyingsolid, aypues and tomsobon like this.
    02-26-14 04:03 PM
    I will be buying it just for the back button. When using android apps, you either have to have large ugly bar at bottom taking up screen space, or swipe left from bottom, which works 1 out of 10 swipes. Its very unresponsive. So yes we need a dedicated back button

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    aypues likes this.
    02-26-14 04:15 PM
    I will be buying it just for the back button. When using android apps, you either have to have large ugly bar at bottom taking up screen space, or swipe left from bottom, which works 1 out of 10 swipes. Its very unresponsive. So yes we need a dedicated back button

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    I'm asking as I don't know. Wouldn't the black bar still be there if it isn't programmed out without an update? And would the ones without a belt need it there yet?
    02-26-14 04:22 PM
    I'll give you a good reason, without the belt and with a whole new and very different OS they'd have to retrain all their staff, at a cost.

Not many migrated to BES10, most are still on BBOS.

Yes and the fact that they didn't migrate has more to do with BES10 corporate adoption than a belt. They didn't want to setup and maintain two servers. It wasn't ready. Now probably many more will wait for 12 just so they can run everything on a single server, if they don't implement something else. That will all be fixed in BES12, not with a belt. Also that massive training you mention is someone writing a 10 page word doc with pictures.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 04:26 PM
    I'm asking as I don't know. Wouldn't the black bar still be there if it isn't programmed out without an update? And would the ones without a belt need it there yet?
    You can remove bar by swiping down from top. So after that, we would use physical back button, instead of a swipe that doesnt work.

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    Oddsocket and kbz1960 like this.
    02-26-14 07:13 PM
    *annoyed*

From my Q10
    02-27-14 04:42 AM
    I have hope now guys, maybe the Belt will not come straight from we know from 2008!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 05:34 AM
    I think it will sell decent. A lot of people still on legacy devices are off contract now. The timing should be good.
    I agree. It is amazing how the sky falls so easily around these parts.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 07:10 AM
    Here we go guys, it is now official.

The new Blackberry Q20, or Blackberry Classic, will feature the trackpad together with a functional belt!!

Now it's just a matter of waiting for pictures of this new phone, i just hope we are not going back to a smaller screen size than the Q10 to make space for the belt!!

Happy? not happy? at this stage i just cant say, let's just hope for a cool design!
    Outstanding! Hopefully, Sprint will carry it.
    02-27-14 09:50 AM
    Here we go guys, it is now official.

The new Blackberry Q20, or Blackberry Classic, will feature the trackpad together with a functional belt!!

Now it's just a matter of waiting for pictures of this new phone, i just hope we are not going back to a smaller screen size than the Q10 to make space for the belt!!

Happy? not happy? at this stage i just cant say, let's just hope for a cool design!
    BlackBerry Q20 ‘Classic’ Device Launching End of 2014 | N4BB

BlackBerry Q20 smartphone will include a generous 3.5″ touchscreen,
    the largest display yet on a QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone
    , giving you
    more space for viewing messages, browsing Internet and intranet sites
    and accessing other apps.
    02-27-14 12:54 PM
    BlackBerry Q20 �Classic� Device Launching End of 2014 | N4BB

BlackBerry Q20 smartphone will include a generous 3.5″ touchscreen,
    the largest display yet on a QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone
    , giving you
    more space for viewing messages, browsing Internet and intranet sites
    and accessing other apps.
    Yes but is it a 3.5" 1:1, 3.5" 4:3, 3.5" 16:9.....

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:42 PM
    Don't want this at all but I think it will bring BB7 loyalists to give BB10 a try

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 03:06 PM
    I'm def interested. I tried a Z30 and returned it for my 9930. I need physical end call and answer call buttons. I love my trackpad and menu buttons too. I hope it still easy to operate with one hand.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    02-27-14 04:32 PM
    I would prefer a 4:3 screen, a 1:1 screen is alright as well, but at 16:9 screen makes the screen look elongated and would probably stick out of our pockets. I wouldn't want a 16:9 screen on a qwerty device
    02-27-14 04:47 PM
    I can't find where I read it (and it was only this morning!), but there is a rumour that the return of the legacy function keys will not be a simple transplant of the old BBOS6/7 era physical keys.

What I was reading about was the supplier, and inventor, of BlackBerry's optical trackpad having investigated years ago the possibility of integrating the trackpad into the screen so that it was part of it rather than separate. If they've developed that technology since then it could be something unique and of interest.

This is something I feel more positive about if it's true. If the new function "keys" be they physical, virtual or some kind of hybrid are innovative, smart and bring extra functionality to the user interface beyond that which they brought to BBOS then that could be good.

The worst thing BlackBerry could do it simply graft the age old legacy keys on to a BB10 phone with no real effort put in to making them do something "better".

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Omnitech and lnichols like this.
    02-27-14 05:25 PM
    Don't want this at all but I think it will bring BB7 loyalists to give BB10 a try

Posted via CB10
    Not for the portion who refuse to learn... even after the physical buttons are back, they are still going to complain about the differences between BB10 and BB7 and claiming that they won't pick up a Q20 unless BlackBerry makes Q20 exact the same as Bold 9900... or something like that... lol.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-28-14 01:38 AM
    But you've never had to go keyless. BBRY has been making them forever.
    yes with less functionality thats why i have to stay with 9360 and get things done more quick and efficiently without thinking about them wice.
    02-28-14 10:35 PM
657 ... 2122232425 ...